Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna is a delicious and hearty meal that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds! Imagine having a warm, comforting dish with the perfect balance of savory vegetables, creamy cheeses, and delicious Italian flavors. With just minutes of preparation time and an hour or so to bake, this vegetable lasagna can be enjoyed with family and friends for dinner. Even better – it only requires a few ingredients and is packed with nutrition!
The foundation of this lasagna is made up of melted butter, milk, salt, flour, nutmeg, carrots, spinach, mozzarella cheese, onion, parmesan cheese, garlic (minced), broccoli, egg and lasagna noodles. All of these ingredients are combined together in a bowl to form the delectable veggie medley that will fill our lasagna.
With every bite into Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna you get an array of flavors from its creamy sauce complemented by freshly chopped vegetables including spinach which provides essential vitamins like folate; carrots which offer daily vitamins A & C; broccoli with potassium plus many other minerals; onions which contain folic acid; as well as garlic delivering sulfur compounds that are beneficial for your body’s health – all of these wrapped around cheesy layers of melty mozzarella & parmesan plus crunchy bits from buttered bread crumbs – what’s not to love? Plus each serving contains only 354 calories!
So if you’re looking for a hearty meal option your family will enjoy making Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna is definitely worth considering – it takes less than two hours total time yet offers maximum flavor! What more could you ask for?
The equipments needed to make Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna includes a large pot, cutting board, knife, whisk and wooden spoon. Additionally you will need an oven proof baking tray or dish and aluminum foil.
Ingredients Overview For Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
Butter is a great ingredient for this recipe because it helps to create a creamy and flavorful sauce.
Milk, once combined with butter will form a delicious, creamy sauce.
Salt helps to bring out the flavors of all the ingredients in the lasagna.
Flour is used to thicken the sauce up giving it an even and rich consistency.
A pinch of nutmeg brings an added layer of flavor to this vegetable lasagna.
The carrots provide a nice crunchy texture and are packed with essential vitamins A & C.
Spinach is great for adding both color and nutrition to this recipe as it has many beneficial vitamins such as folate.
Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
Mozzarella cheese provides a creamy and cheesy flavor to the lasagna.
The diced onion adds a nice sweetness and helps to bring out the other flavors in this dish.
Parmesan Cheese (grated)
Grated Parmesan cheese adds that extra kick of deliciousness to the lasagna.
Garlic brings a lovely depth of flavor as well as sulfur compounds for your body’s health.
Broccoli is loaded with essential minerals such as potassium and adding it makes this vegetable lasagna even healthier!
The egg adds a binding element to the lasagna and also helps to keep it moist.
Lasagna noodles are necessary for the layers of this dish and provide a delicious base for all the ingredients.
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1 lb cooked lasagna noodles
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttered bread crumbs
There are a few substitutions you can make to this recipe if need be. For example, if you don’t have Parmesan cheese, you can use any other kind of hard cheese such as cheddar or Gruyere. Additionally, if you don’t have carrots or broccoli, you could try adding bell peppers or mushrooms instead – just remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Instructions For Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare all the ingredients listed above for the lasagna filling.
- In a large pot melt together butter and milk over medium heat until it comes to a gentle boil and then add in flour, salt, nutmeg, diced carrots and chopped spinach stir continuously until thickened.
- Turn off the heat and add in mozzarella cheese, onion, Parmesan cheese and minced garlic. Stir until all the ingredients are combined and then set it aside to cool slightly.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking tray with butter and then begin to layer the lasagna starting with lasagna noodles followed by half of the vegetable filling mix, another layer of noodles and the remaining filling. Complete this with one more layer of noodles on top.
- Beat an egg in a small bowl and then pour over top of lasagne making sure to cover all edges evenly. Cover loosely with foil paper or lightly greased aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through thoroughly – check every 15 minutes or so.
- Allow the lasagna to cool for 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!
- This Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
- To store this lasagna, it is best to let it cool down before wrapping it tightly with aluminum foil and placing it in either the refrigerator or the freezer.
- When storing lasagna in the refrigerator, make sure that it is kept away from other food items as this will ensure proper air circulation and prevent cross-contamination.
- When storing in the freezer, it is important to properly wrap and seal the lasagna as tightly as possible so that no air can get inside which could cause freezer burn.
- It is also important to label your food with a date and time of storage for easy reference and retrieval when needed.
- Furthermore, when reheating any refrigerated or frozen lasagna, make sure that it has been heated thoroughly through 165°F and cooled again before consuming.
Also Read : Bahamian Mac and Cheese: The Perfect Combination of Cheese and Spice
This delicious and healthy vegetable lasagna recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal. It’s easy to make and can be tailored to your own personal preferences. We would love to hear what you think of this recipe – please leave us a comment below!