I remember the first time I ever tasted Sara Lee Banana Cake. It was at my aunt’s house, and I was blown away by how delicious it was. I thought to myself, “Why would anyone bother making this cake from scratch when Sara Lee makes it so perfectly?”
Since then, I’ve learned that there’s nothing quite like a homemade banana cake. The recipe is simple enough that anyone can make it, and the end result is always delicious. Plus, you can customize the cake however you want. Add some nuts or chocolate chips for extra flavour, or frost it with cream cheese for a decadent treat.
So if you’re looking for an amazing banana cake recipe, look no further than Sara Lee’s! It’s sure to become a family favourite.
Ingredients Overview For Sara Lee Banana Cake Recipe
Bananas are a key ingredient in this recipe because they add sweetness and flavour. They also help to create a moist and fluffy cake.
The salted butter helps to give the cake a rich and creamy texture. It’s important to use unsalted butter for this recipe, as salted butter can affect the taste of the cake.
The granulated sugar adds sweetness and flavour, as well as helping to make the cake light and fluffy.
Eggs are essential in any baked good because they help bind all of the ingredients together. They also add structure and moisture to the cake.
Pure Vanilla Extract
Vanilla extract adds an extra layer of sweetness and flavour that really makes this banana cake stand out!
Whole milk is used in this recipe because it adds richness and creaminess to the cake.
Sour cream helps to give the cake a tangy flavour and adds moisture.
The all-purpose flour helps bind the ingredients together and gives the banana cake structure.
Baking soda is used in this recipe as a leavening agent, which means it helps the cake to rise while baking. It also helps to keep the cake light and fluffy.
Cinnamon is added to enhance the flavour of the banana cake and make it taste even better! If you’re not a fan of cinnamon, feel free to omit it from this recipe.
The sea salt is used in this recipe for its flavour and to help balance out the sweetness of the cake.
Cream Cheese Frosting
The cream cheese frosting is made from cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. It’s the perfect topping for this banana cake!
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy banana cake recipe, Sara Lee’s is the perfect choice. But if you’re looking to customize the recipe a bit, there are some substitutions you can make. Here are a few suggestions:
- If you don’t have salted butter on hand, use unsalted instead. It’s important to use unsalted butter in this recipe, as the saltiness from the salted butter can affect the taste of the cake.
- You can use brown sugar if you do not have granulated sugar.
- If you don’t want to use eggs, there are several egg substitutes that can be used. For example, 1/4 cup of applesauce or 1/4 cup of oil can be used in place of one egg.
- You can also use 2% or skim milk if you don’t have whole milk.
- If you don’t want to use sour cream, yogurt or buttermilk can also be substituted.
- All purpose flour can be replaced with whole wheat flour or gluten free flour if needed.
- Baking soda can be replaced with baking powder if needed.
Recipe For Sara Lee Banana Cake Recipe
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas, mashed
Ingredients Measurements for Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream cheese, 4 oz
- Butter (softened), ½ cup
- Powdered sugar, 2 ¼ to 2 ½ cups
- Pure vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9” round cake pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and sea salt until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the salted butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix until combined. Then add in the whole milk and sour cream and mix again until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Finally, fold in the mashed bananas until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared cake pan and spread it out evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting with cream cheese frosting (see recipe below).
Instructions for Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy using an electric mixer.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar and continue beating until creamy and well combined, about 3-4 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the vanilla extract and beat until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate frosting for 15-20 minutes before using it to frost your banana cake.
The banana cake recipe will last in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. For best results, frost the cake just before serving.
This banana cake recipe is so easy to follow and the results are delicious! If you’re looking for an easy and tasty dessert, this is definitely the recipe for you. Be sure to try it out yourself and let us know what you think in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.