Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
When it comes to special occasions, there’s nothing quite like a delicious dessert to really sweeten the deal. And these Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Frosting are definitely something special.
They’re perfect for everything from birthday parties to anniversaries, and everyone is sure to love them. They’re chocolatey, buttery, and red velvet – what’s not to love? Best of all, they’re really easy to make, so you don’t have to worry about anything going wrong on the big day.
So why not give them a try? The next time you have a special occasion coming up, these brownies will be the perfect way to celebrate.
Ingredients Overview For Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
The bittersweet chocolate baking bar is perfect for this recipe because it gives the brownies a rich chocolate flavor. It also helps to create a smooth and creamy texture.
The butter helps to make the brownies moist and chewy. It also adds a delicious buttery flavor that really brings out the chocolate flavor.
The sugar is what makes these brownies sweet and irresistible.
The eggs help to bind all of the ingredients together, as well as adding a lightness to the batter.
The all-purpose flour provides structure for the brownies, so they don’t fall apart when you cut them.
Bottle Red Liquid Food Coloring
Adding red food coloring gives these brownies their signature ruby red color that we all know and love.
The baking powder helps to give the brownies a soft and fluffy texture.
Vanilla extract adds a delicious flavor that really makes these brownies stand out from the crowd.
The cream cheese and butter make it wonderfully rich and indulgent.
The powdered sugar lends just enough sweetness.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert, these Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Frosting are definitely worth trying. But if you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, don’t worry – there are plenty of substitutions that you can make.
For example, if you don’t have bittersweet chocolate baking bar, you can use semisweet chocolate instead. And if you don’t have butter, you can use margarine or vegetable oil instead. So no matter what ingredients you have on hand, you can still make these brownies.
- 1 bittersweet chocolate baking bar
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound powdered sugar
Instructions For Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9×9 or 7×11 inch pan with aluminum foil allowing 2 inches to hang over the sides; lightly grease.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter stirring after 30 seconds each time until melted and smooth; whisk in sugar and add eggs one at a time until blended. Add flour, food coloring, baking powder, and vanilla; stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour into the bottom of prepared baking pan and bake for 40-44 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean with moist crumbs. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the cream cheese frosting: In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth; add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until creamy; spread evenly over cooled brownies.
- Cut into 16 squares, serve, and enjoy!
This recipe serves 16 people and contains 296 calories. 15% of those calories come from carbohydrates, 6% come from protein, and 18% come from fat. Additionally, this recipe has 7 grams of saturated fat (35%), 69 milligrams of cholesterol (23%), 111 milligrams of sodium (5%), 1 gram of fiber (4%), 36 grams of sugar(40%). Finally, it also includes 8% Vitamin A390IU , 3% calcium , and 4 % iron .
The recipe will last in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. For best results, store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
These Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Frosting are definitely worth trying. But if you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, don’t worry – there are plenty of substitutions that you can make. So no matter what ingredients you have on hand, you can still make these brownies.