I’m not sure about you, but I absolutely love a good pork roll egg and cheese sandwich. And by “good,” I mean the kind that’s made with fresh ingredients, like high-quality pork roll and American cheese, and served on a delicious bagel.
There’s just something about this perfect combo that makes my taste buds happy. Maybe it’s the saltiness of the pork roll combined with the creaminess of the cheese, all sandwiched between a soft and chewy bagel. Yum!
It’s no wonder this sandwich is a classic. In my opinion, there’s no wrong way to make it. So if you’re looking for an easy meal that’s sure to please, I highly recommend giving this Pork Roll Egg And Cheese On A Bagel a try!
Ingredients Overview For Pork Roll Egg And Cheese On A Bagel Recipe
The eggs in this recipe are cooked over medium heat until the yolk is still runny. This allows for a bit of creaminess to ooze out when you bite into the sandwich.
The pork roll in this recipe is the star of the show. It’s a high-quality meat that provides saltiness and delicious flavor to the sandwich. It’s also cooked, so you really just heat it up in the process.
I recommend American cheese for this sandwich but you can use any cheese you like!
I prefer my pork roll egg and cheese sandwiches to be on bagels. Another popular carb vessel is a kaiser roll. You can really use whatever you want!
If you’re looking for an easy meal that’s sure to please, I highly recommend giving this Pork Roll Egg And Cheese On A Bagel a try! However, if you’re not a fan of pork roll or American cheese, there are plenty of substitutions you can make.
- Bagel- If you don’t like bagels, try using a kaiser roll or another type of bread.
- Pork Roll- If you’re not a fan of pork roll, try using ham or bacon.
- Cheese- If you don’t like American cheese, try using cheddar cheese or another type of cheese.
- 4-6 slices pork roll
- 2 slices cheese
- 2 bagels
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
Instructions For Pork Roll Egg And Cheese On A Bagel Recipe
- For step one, start by preheating a large skillet over medium heat. Then add a little bit of butter or oil to the pan. Score the pork roll 3-4 times around the edges and place it in the skillet. Cook until browned on both sides (about 4-7 minutes total). Keep in mind that pork roll is already cooked, so you’re just heating it up at this point. Remove from the skillet and place on a toasted bagel.
- Step 2: Lower the skillet’s heat to medium-low, and then carefully crack the eggs into it. Use the corner of your spatula to break each yolk (or leave them runny). Next, sprinkle salt and pepper atop each egg. About two minutes later, flip the eggs over; put a slice of cheese on top of every egg immediately afterward. Put a lid on the skillet for 30 seconds to 1 minute so that the cheese will melt properly.
- Next, take the eggs out of the skillet and put them on top of the pork roll. Finally, add the top half of the bagel. You can serve ketchup on the sandwich or have it on the side.
This recipe has 618kcal, of which 58g are carbohydrates, 40 protein, 24 fat and 2g dietary fiber. It is also rich in vitamin A (756IU) and calcium (271mg).
The recipe will last in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for 2 months. There are no special instructions for storage.
This easy and tasty pork roll egg and cheese sandwich on a bagel is perfect for any time of day. Whether you’re looking for an easy breakfast, lunch, or dinner option, this recipe is sure to please. I highly recommend giving it a try! Don’t forget to let us know what you think in the comments below.