When I was a kid, my family used to go to a steakhouse called Outback. It was always one of my favorite places to eat. The steaks were always cooked perfectly and the sides were always delicious. So, when I decided to make this Outback Mac and Cheese recipe, I wanted it to have that same flavor profile as the steakhouse. And I think I succeeded!
This recipe is really easy to make and it’s perfect for a weeknight meal. The noodles are cooked al dente and then they are combined with a velvety cheese sauce that is packed full of delicious steakhouse flavors. I like to serve mine with some seasoned breadcrumbs on top and a sprinkle of parsley for color. It’s definitely comfort food at its best!
Equipments Needed For Making This Recipe
This recipe is an easy to make as it just requires 2 basic equipments.
- A saucepan to boil the noodles and melt the cheese
- A mixing bowl to combine all the ingredients together
Ingredients Overview For Outback-Style Mac and Cheese Recipe
Elbow Macaroni Noodles
Elbow macaroni noodles are the perfect choice for this recipe because they are small and have a curved shape. This allows them to capture more of the cheese sauce and gives the dish a more authentic Outback-style flavor.
This recipe calls for Velveeta cheese because it melts really nicely and is packed full of flavor.
The heavy cream helps to create a creamy, smooth cheese sauce.
I like to use a combination of black pepper, paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, nutmeg, turmeric and salt in order to give this dish that steakhouse flavor profile.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal, then this Outback-Style Mac and Cheese recipe is perfect for you! It’s simple to make and it’s packed full of flavor. Plus, it’s affordable too.
But if you’re not a fan of Velveeta cheese, then you can easily substitute in another type of cheese instead. I like to use cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese because they both melt really well and have a great flavor profile. You could also try using Gruyere or Gouda cheese if you want something a little bit more indulgent.
Just make sure that whatever type of cheese you choose, it melts easily so that the sauce will be nice and creamy.
- 2 cups Elbow Macaroni Noodles
- 8 oz Velveeta Cheese
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- Seasoned Breadcrumbs for Garnish
- Parsley for Garnish
- Steakhouse Seasonings:
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
Instructions For Outback-Style Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the macaroni noodles and stir regularly until they reach al dente (approx 8 minutes). Drain the noodles and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan cube the Velveeta cheese into small chunks and stir over medium-low heat. Combine the heavy cream with the Velveeta cheese until fully melted.
- Add the steakhouse seasonings to the cheese sauce and combine thoroughly.
- To assemble, place the cooked noodles in a serving dish and pour the cheese sauce over top. Sprinkle some seasoned breadcrumbs on top as desired, then garnish with parsley for color. Serve warm and enjoy!
The Outback-Style Mac and Cheese recipe will last in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
To store, place the dish in an airtight container and freeze. When you’re ready to eat, thaw it out in the fridge overnight and then reheat in the microwave or oven.
Also Read : Bahamian Mac And Cheese
This Outback-Style Mac and Cheese recipe is definitely comfort food at its best! It’s simple to make and it’s packed full of flavor. I like to serve mine with some seasoned breadcrumbs on top and a sprinkle of parsley for color. It’s definitely a dish that you’ll love! Have you tried this recipe out yet? If so, leave a comment below and let me know what you think.