Jimmy Johns Bread is a perfect treat for those in need of some comfort food. It’s soft, fluffy, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. And it’s easy to make too! You don’t need any special skills or equipment; all you need is some ingredients and some time.
Picture this: you’ve had a long day at work and all you want to do when you get home is relax with something comforting. But don’t worry – Jimmy Johns bread can be your savior! All you have to do is follow the simple instructions, wait for the dough to rise, and bam – soft, fluffy bread for dinner!
This type of bread has been around for centuries but was popularized by the folks at Jimmy Johns. Their recipe produces an especially light and airy loaf that will make your taste buds sing. They also add cornmeal which gives the bread a slightly nutty flavor and crunchy texture that pairs perfectly with butter or jam. The combination of white flour, sugar, salt, vegetable oil, warm water, active dry yeast, and cornmeal results in perfection.
Making your own Jimmy Johns bread doesn’t just fill your belly; it’s also incredibly satisfying in other ways as well. Not only will you be able to enjoy a delicious homemade meal with friends and family but you’ll also be able to boast about how great of a baker (or cook) you are! Plus, baking is a great way to relieve stress – kneading the dough can be therapeutic and taking pride in what you created feels amazing!
Nutritionally speaking, Jimmy Johns bread is actually quite healthy compared to other types of store bought or fast food options. It contains high-quality carbohydrates like all-purpose flour which has protein content as well as essential vitamins like Vitamin C and Iron; plus it contains unsaturated fats from the vegetable oil that can help keep cholesterol levels under control. So go ahead – indulge without feeling guilty!
If you’re looking for an easy way to make a delicious comfort food dish quickly yet still have it turn out perfectly every single time then look no further than Jimmy Johns Bread. With its light texture and nutty flavor this classic recipe will surely become one of your favorites before long!
Ingredients Overview For Jimmy John’s Bread Recipe
Active Dry Yeast
- Active dry yeast is a key ingredient in Jimmy John’s bread recipe. It’s responsible for the bread’s fluffy texture and delicious flavor.
- Sugar helps to sweeten the bread and also aids in the rising process.
- A pinch of salt is necessary to bring out the flavors in Jimmy John’s bread.
- Vegetable oil adds moisture and a rich flavor to the dough.
- Warm water helps to activate the yeast so that it can do its job properly. Without warm water, your bread won’t rise as much.
- The addition of cornmeal gives the bread an extra crunchy texture and nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with butter or jam.
- Active Dry Yeast: You can substitute active dry yeast with instant yeast.
- Sugar: You can also use honey, agave, or maple syrup as a substitute for sugar.
- Vegetable Oil: If you don’t have vegetable oil, any type of mild-flavored oil can be used.
- Cornmeal: If you don’t have cornmeal, you can replace it with polenta or semolina flour.
Ingredients With Measurements
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Instructions For Jimmy John’s Bread Recipe
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 packet active dry yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar, and ¼ cup warm water (110°F). Mix with a spoon until the yeast is completely dissolved.
- Add 2½ cups all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and ½ cup cornmeal to the mixture in the bowl and mix it together with your hands or a spoon until everything is incorporated.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel, and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and shape into a loaf. Place the shaped dough on a greased baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel, and let rise for another 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool before slicing and serving! Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure that your yeast is still active – it should foam up when mixed with water; otherwise, you won’t get a good rise out of your bread.
- Knead your dough thoroughly – this will ensure a fluffy, airy texture in the finished product.
- Let the dough rise twice – this will give you a nice loaf of bread with good structure and flavor.
- Don’t overbake – take it out when it’s lightly golden brown on top to avoid dryness.
- Add toppings of your choice after baking – olives, rosemary, or other herbs are all great additions!
Enjoying Jimmy John’s Bread
Jimmy John’s bread is best served warm with butter or jam (or both!). It also makes an excellent sandwich base for lunchtime classics like grilled cheese, BLT, or ham & cheese. You can even try using it as pizza dough for a thin-crust pizza with a bit of crunch. No matter how you enjoy it, Jimmy John’s bread is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
Jimmy John’s bread can be stored in either the fridge or freezer for up to a week. To extend the shelf life of your bread, store it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. If you plan on freezing the bread, we recommend wrapping it twice with plastic wrap and then placing it into a resealable freezer bag to prevent freezer burn.
If you are storing your bread in the fridge, let it cool completely before wrapping and placing into an airtight container. The refrigerator will help keep the bread fresh and keep the texture from becoming too hard. When ready to eat, just warm the loaf up in a low oven or toaster oven until heated through.
If freezing is your preferred method of storage, make sure that you use as much of the loaf as possible before freezing as frozen bread tends to dry out quickly. Also, when reheating frozen bread, make sure that you do not overheat it as this can cause a texture change in the bread. For best results, try reheating only individual slices at a time instead of the entire loaf; this will ensure maximum freshness and flavor!
We hope you have enjoyed this recipe for Jimmy John’s bread! This easy-to-follow guide will help you make the perfect loaf of bread every time, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced baker. Don’t forget to add your own favorite toppings – we can’t wait to see what you come up with! Please feel free to leave us a comment below and let us know how your bread turns out. We love getting feedback from our readers and hearing about your baking successes (and failures!)