I love starting my day with a delicious and healthy breakfast. And what could be better than Chocolate Baked Oats? These oats are loaded with flavor and nutrients, and they’re the perfect way to start your day. They’re also perfect for chocolate lovers like me! So if you’re looking for a tasty and satisfying breakfast, be sure to give these Chocolate Baked Oats a try.
This recipe has oats, milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, baking powder, salt, flaxseed, banana and peanut butter. It is good for you and chocolate lovers will love it.
Ingredients Overview For Chocolate Baked Oats Recipe
Old-fashioned rolled oats
Oats are whole grain that is high in fiber, which makes them a perfect choice for this recipe. They also absorb flavors well, making them the perfect choice for chocolate-flavored oatmeal.
Milk is a good source of protein and calcium, both of which are important nutrients for breakfast. It also helps to make the oats creamy and delicious.
The cocoa powder in this recipe helps to give the oats a delicious chocolate flavor. It also contains many antioxidants, which are beneficial for your health. So if you’re looking for a healthy and tasty breakfast, be sure to try these in the recipe
Pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
Maple syrup is a natural sweetener that contains minerals like zinc and manganese, as well as antioxidants. It also has a lower glycemic index than other sweeteners, which means it doesn’t cause a spike in blood sugar levels. This makes it a good choice for people with diabetes or prediabetes, and for those who are trying to lose weight or maintain their health. Maple syrup is also delicious and adds a great flavor to these Chocolate Baked Oats.
Baking powder is a leavening agent, which means that it helps baked goods to rise. It does this by releasing carbon dioxide gas, which causes the dough or batter to puff up. This results in a lighter and more fluffy texture, which is perfect for these Chocolate Baked Oats. Without baking powder, the oats would be dense and heavy, but with it they are light and delicious. So if you’re looking for a delicious and fluffy breakfast, be sure to use baking powder in this recipe.
Sea salt is a type of salt that is obtained from the sea. It is made up of minerals like magnesium, potassium and calcium, which give it a unique flavor and texture. Sea salt also contains iodine, which is important for thyroid health. Iodine is not found in other types of salt, so if you’re looking for a healthy and flavorful way to season your food, be sure to try sea salt.
Ground flaxseed is a good source of fiber, which makes it a perfect choice for this recipe. It also absorbs flavors well, making it the perfect choice for a chocolate-flavored oatmeal.
Bananas are a great addition to this recipe because they add sweetness and flavor. They also contain many nutrients, including potassium, vitamin C, and dietary fiber. So if you’re looking for a healthy and delicious way to start your day, be sure to try these Chocolate Baked Oats with banana.
Coconut oil is a healthy and delicious way to add flavor to these Chocolate Baked Oats. It is high in saturated fat, which makes it a good choice for people who are trying to lose weight or maintain their health. Coconut oil also contains lauric acid, which is beneficial for the immune system. So if you’re looking for a healthy and tasty way to start your day, be sure to try these Chocolate Baked Oats with coconut oil.
The peanut butter in this recipe helps to add flavor and protein to the oats. It also contains many antioxidants, which are beneficial for your health. So if you’re looking for a healthy and tasty way to start your day, be sure to try these Chocolate Baked Oats with peanut butter.
Vanilla extract is a great way to add flavor to these Chocolate Baked Oats. It is high in saturated fat, which makes it a good choice for people who are trying to lose weight or maintain their health. Vanilla extract also contains lauric acid, which is beneficial for the immune system. So if you’re looking for a healthy and tasty way to start your day, be sure to try these Chocolate Baked Oats with vanilla extract.
Chopped Chocolate or Chocolate Chips*
The chocolate chips in this recipe help to add flavor and sweetness to the oats. They also contain many antioxidants, which are beneficial for your health. So if you’re looking for a healthy and tasty way to start your day, be sure to try these Chocolate Baked Oats with chocolate chips.
Cooking spray is perfect for this recipe because it helps the oats to brown evenly and prevents them from sticking to the pan. This results in a delicious and fluffy oatmeal breakfast that everyone will love.
If you’re looking for a healthier version of this recipe, you can substitute the following ingredients:
- Instead of chocolate chips, you can use chopped nuts like almonds or walnuts.
- Instead of peanut butter, you can use almond butter or cashew butter.
- Instead of coconut oil, you can use olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Instead of vanilla extract, you can use almond extract.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed*
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter + more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips*
- cooking spray
Instructions For Chocolate Baked Oats Recipe
- Before you begin cooking, set the oven to 375°F.
- Coat an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the following ingredients: oats, almond milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, baking powder, sea salt, flaxseed meal or ground flaxseeds. Afterwards add mashed banana (the riper the better), coconut oil (melted), peanut butter and vanilla extract. Stir until everything is combined then fold in 1/8 cup of chopped chocolate into the mixture..
- Gently pour the oatmeal mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate on top.
- Bake the oatmeal for 25-30 minutes, or until it has set. Remove it from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving with a drizzle of peanut butter on top.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-6 days.
- You can reheat the entire dish by covering it with foil and placing it in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes. If you want individual servings, set your toaster oven to 350°F and bake for 5-10 minutes or heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
This recipe makes 6 servings. Each serving has 313 calories, 45 grams of carbohydrates, 8 grams of protein, 13 grams of fat (5 saturated), 1 gram of polyunsaturated fat, 2 grams monounsaturated fat), 330 milligrams sodium and 337 mg potassium. It is also high in fiber with 6 grams and contains 17grams sugar.
Storage instructions For Chocolate Baked Oats Recipe
The recipe will last 4-6 days in the fridge. If you want to store it for longer, you can freeze it for up to 2 months.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious and healthy recipe for Chocolate Baked Oats. If you try it out, be sure to let us know what you think in the comments below. And don’t forget to share photos of your finished dish on Instagram or Twitter with your friends and family. We can’t wait to see them!