I was recently in the mood for some classic comfort food. I wanted something hearty, warm and satisfying – and I knew a quiche would fit the bill. I started thinking about all of the possible variations on quiche – and then it hit me: why not try a bacon broccoli quiche?
I’ve always loved bacon and broccoli together, so I knew this would be a winning combination. And to make it even better, I decided to add some grated cheddar cheese into the mix. The end result was amazing – a delicious, fluffy quiche with a crispy bacon crust and chunks of broccoli throughout.
This Broccoli Bacon Quiche is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, or as a hearty breakfast or brunch item. It’s also ideal for any occasion when you need something crowd-pleasing and fuss-free. So if you’re looking for an easy way to impress your friends and family, this Broccoli Bacon Quiche is the recipe for you!
Ingredients Overview For Broccoli Bacon Quiche Recipe
Deep Dish Pie Crust Unbaked
The deep dish pie crust is perfect for this quiche recipe because it can hold a lot of the filling without becoming too soggy. The crust also has a nice crispy bacon flavor that pairs well with the broccoli and cheese.
I like to use thick-cut bacon for this quiche. It has more flavor than thin-cut bacon and it also gives the crust a bit of an extra crunch.
The broccoli is the star of this dish! I recommend chopping it into small pieces so that there are little “pockets” of broccoli throughout the quiche.
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Cheese adds a nice creamy texture to the quiche, plus some extra flavor from the cheddar. You could also try other types of cheese if you want to mix things up!
Milk & Heavy Whipping Cream
This combination helps make the quiche fluffy and light. Eggs will thicken the mixture, so you don’t want to use too much liquid.
The eggs help bind all the ingredients together and give the quiche a nice texture.
Salt & Cracked Pepper
A little bit of salt and pepper will help to bring out the flavors in the quiche.
If you’re not a fan of bacon, or if you’re just looking for a vegetarian option, you can try using diced mushrooms or sun-dried tomatoes instead.
You could also try using different types of cheese, such as mozzarella, brie or feta.
And if you don’t have any deep dish pie crusts on hand, you can use a regular pie crust instead.
- 1 deep dish pie crust unbaked
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 6 bacon slices diced finely
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
Recipe Instructions For Broccoli Bacon Quiche
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Unroll the pie crust and place it in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Poke holes all over the bottom of the crust with a fork and then bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add the cooked bacon, diced broccoli and grated cheese to the egg mixture and stir to combine everything evenly.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-baked pie crust and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Important Things To Consider For The Recipe
- Get the best tasting quiche by grating your own cheese! Store-bought, pre-grated cheese has additives that make your dish a little gritty. Just use a grater!
- For this dish, thick cut bacon is best because it makes the bacon flavor more prominent.
- Always place the eggs on a baking sheet when cooking to avoid overflow and mess.
- If you’re using store-bought frozen pie crust, make sure to follow the directions. Otherwise, making your own is always an option!
- If your crust is browning too quickly, cover the edges with tin foil.
- The quiche will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator if it is stored tightly covered with plastic wrap.
There are 355 calories with 16g of carbs, 27g fat, and 10g protein in this recipe.
- The Broccoli Bacon Quiche will last in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- To store, place the quiche in an airtight container and freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
This Broccoli Bacon Quiche is the perfect recipe for an easy and impressive meal. The quiche is light, fluffy and full of flavor. You can customize it with your favorite toppings or substitutions, so it’s perfect for any occasion. Thanks for reading and be sure to leave a comment letting us know how you liked the recipe!