Looking for a best stir fry pan for your electric stove? Then you don’t have to look ahead as we have provide a detailed guide here.
Do you like to eat stir fry food at home with as less equipment as possible? Are you also scared to create amazing stir fry recipes because of the wok and the smoke it creates while cooking?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then this article will be really helpful to you. I have search and compiled the “Best stir fry pans for electric stove” for you from the amazon and I am one of you that prefers to cook stir fry recipes on nonstick fry pans. I have also mentioned the reason to cook stir fry food using fry pan.
What are the reasons to use fry pan for cooking stir fry food?
- You do not need to spend on extra equipment: A wok is not expensive then a fry pan but you need to spend extra money on the equipment that are necessary while using a wok such as wok lid, metal spatula and a wok ring (if you are using a traditional wok).
- No extra care is required: A standard wok will get rusty if you do not use it. Moreover, you need to oil every once in a while. So, if you are cooking a stir fry food and get the wok from the garage and find it in not usable condition.
- Fry pan is better for stir fry food: Fry pan will not create or exactly replicate the stir fry dishes made using wok but you can make some authentic Chinese stir fry recipe using a frying pan.
- Less oil is required: If you have ever used a wok then you know that certain ingredients get stuck to the wok and burn. Moreover, not all the ingredients in the stir fry recipe require high oil temperature. You can easily replicate the stir fry recipes on a nonstick fry pan using much less oil. If you are worried about the Teflon causing harm to your food then I have good news for you. New nonstick fry pans are made from progressed technologies and they can withstand heat up to 500 Fahrenheit. Most stir fry recipes require 400 Fahrenheit to cook. Such nonstick fry pan coat oil better and require much less heat.
- Multipurpose: A fry pan can be use to cook multiple dishes other then stir fry food. It can be used to cook tofu without breaking it.
- Electric stove: A wok is not designed to be used on electric stove. The wok bottom cannot stay still on the electric stove and it require a wok ring. If you use the wok ring then the wok will be too high up from the stove and it will not get heat up properly. On the other hand with fry pan, you do not need high power gas stove for cooking the stir fry dishes.
OUR TOP 3 PICKS
We totally value the time of each consumer who is looking to purchase a new stir fry pan so if you don’t want to go through the whole article and you are in hurry then don’t worry as we have provided these 3 top picks from the entire list which you can purchase blindly.
9 Best Stir Fry Pan For Electric Stove (Comparison Table)
9 Best Stir Fry Pan For Electric Stove (Buyer’s Guide)
1. Carbon Steel Wok for Electric, Induction and Gas Stoves
Category: Best carbon steel wok for stir frying food.
Are you looking for a classic wok for stir fried recipe? Then our first addition Carbon Steel Wok for Electric might be it for you. This is an all-purpose cooking wok that comes with a wooden lit and stainless steel spatula.
- Features: This Carbon Steel Wok for Electric Stove has following features:
- This wok pan has 12.5 inches diameter which provides large capacity for providing easy cooking. Moreover, it has flat bottom for easy sitting on electric stove.
- Carbon steel wok is durable and heats up quickly. It is considered to be great cast iron and stainless steel alternative.
- It has a beautiful hammered design which will make it a beautiful addition for any kitchen.
- Material: This wok is made from carbon steel. It comes with a wooden lid and stainless steel spatula.
- Dishwasher safe: This Carbon Steel Wok for Electric Stove is not dishwasher safe.
2. Joyce Chen Pro Chef 14 Inch Non-Stick Wok Set
Category: best package of nonstick wok set for stir frying.
Are looking for a complete wok set? Don’t sweat more because I just found it for you, it is Joyce Chen 22-9938. Go big or go home is the motto of Joyce Chen set. Moreover, it comes with twenty-five years warranty.
- Features: This Joyce Chen 22-9938 Wok has following features:
- This wok comes with a lid, tempura rack, bamboo spatula, bamboo cooking chopsticks, six pairs of bamboo table chopsticks, steaming rack, bamboo tongs, bamboo rice paddle, and a recipe booklet. It is a complete package.
- Carbon steel is durable and light weight. This wok is ideal for cooking stir fry food on electric stove.
- The surface of this wok is made from nonstick material in order to allow the less use of oil.
- Material: This wok is made from 2.0-gauge carbon steel and it is coated with nonstick material. The utensils are made from bamboo.
- Dishwasher: This nonstick wok set is not dishwasher safe.
Also Read : Best Pots And Pans For Gas Stove
3. T-fal Specialty Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware
Category: Best budget friendly nonstick wok for stir fry.
Are you just easing into cooking stir fry food and looking for affordable wok? Then I will highly recommend at looking at T-fal A80789 Specialty Nonstick Wok. It has all the qualities of high-end wok with nominal price. Moreover, it comes with lifetime warranty.
- Features: This has a very sturdy appearance. It has some amazing features such as:
- This wok as 14 inches diameter of capacity which allows cooking meal for whole family.
- It is tested to used to have cook with most stubborn ingredients like thin garlic and onion. Still these ingredients didn’t leave residue.
- The aluminum allows even heating and the handles are ergonomic.
- Material: This wok is made from aluminum with Teflon coating. The handles are made from stainless-steel and has a plastic coating.
- Dishwasher: This nonstick wok is dishwasher safe.
4. HandHammered Iron Wok Flat Bottom Induction Suitable
Category: best wok for stir fry which is costly.
Hey there I am bringing the best wok for electric stove that amazon has to offer. This my friend is ZhenSanHuan Hand Hammered Wok, it is durable and strong. It is on pricier side but it is lightweight unlike cast iron wok. Moreover, it is made by 12 steps to ensure the heirloom quality and smooth surface.
- Features: The design is very classy and elegant. It has following amazing feature:
- This is the most authentic wok made in china. It is made by hammering 36000 times on pure iron. Unlike cast iron wok, it has no nonstick coating but is pre seasoned with oil.
- It is not rust resistant. So, it will rust if not dried properly.
- You cannot dishwasher safe and you cannot submerge it into the water.
- Material: This wok is made from 100% iron and has comfortable wooden handle. It has no nonstick coating but is pre seasoned.
- Dishwasher: This ZhenSanHuan Hand Hammered wok is not dishwasher safe.
5. Cook N Home Ceramic coating cookware set
Category: best 10 piece frying pan set for electric stove.
Are you moving into new place and looking for brand new cookware set that also contain frying pan? This Cook N Home Ceramic coating cookware set is ridiculous in size and will fully equip your kitchen. It can be used on gas as well as electric stove.
- Features: First of all, this is Cook N Home Ceramic coating cookware set is an extensive cookware set. It has following features:
- The thick gauge aluminum promotes even heating and prevent hot spots. This set contains two stir fry pans that are 8 and 9 ½ inches.
- It is extremely light weight and durable. The aluminum core makes it easier for the pots and pans to heat up instantly. Moreover, the nonstick coating makes the surface nonresistant.
- The lids that come with this set are interchangeable and can be used on frying pan.
- Material: It is made from thick gauge aluminum which has a coating of ceramic. The lids are made from glass and are tempered.
- Dishwasher: This set cannot be washed in dishwasher and it also cannot be use in oven.
6. Cuisinart MultiClad Pro Skillet
Category: Best multipurpose skillet for induction stove.
Hey are you still looking? Well, this Cuisinart MCP22-30HCN MultiClad Pro Skillet will be something you are interested in. It is a stir fry pan designed to be used on induction stove. This multipurpose skillet that can be used in restaurants, food stalls, etc.
- Features: This is skillet comes with all the amazing features such as:
- The stainless-steel cladding with aluminum ensures that there is excellent heat retention and distribution.
- The cool grip solid stainless-steel riveted handle stays cool on top of stove.
- It is designed to be used on electric induction coil.
- Material: This has three clad construction. As it has an aluminum core and stainless-steel exterior.
- Dishwasher: As it is made from stainless-steel then this set is dishwasher, boiler, freezer and oven safe up to 500 Fahrenheit.
7. 12″ Stone Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri
Category: best fry pan made from sustainable metal for electric stove.
Are you looking for a pan that is nonstick but nontoxic? Well do not look more because I have found 12″ Stone Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri, with 100% APEO & PFOA-Free Stone-Derived Non-Stick Coating Pan which is made up from sustainable material. This is durable and sturdy. Moreover, this set is for those people that prefers quality over price.
- Features: This has a minimal design and following feature:
- The interior of pan is gauge aluminum and has a magnetize base that will help to provide rapid heat.
- The nonstick coating is tough and surface cannot be easily scratched.
- The ergonomic handles are riveted to provide strong yet comfortable grip.
- Material: It is made from top-rated aluminum and has stone derived coating. The ergonomic handles are made from stainless steel with silicon coating.
- Dishwasher: This pan is oven safe but not dishwasher safe.
8. GOURMEX Toughpan Induction Fry Pan
Category: Best induction fry pan for electric stove.
If you are looking for clean cookware that does not release any harmful pollutant and is PFO clean then GOURMEX Toughpan Induction Fry Pan is the one for you. For the people that love clean nonstick skillet then nothing is lost for you. It offers you the roughness of anodized aluminum and nonstick property and safety of titanium.
- Features: First of all, this is GOURMEX Toughpan Induction Fry Pan is a clean cookware. It has following features:
- This GOURMEX Toughpan Induction Fry Pan has all the qualities you are looking for a good quality affordable pan. It has PFO free nonstick coating is corrosion resistant.
- This provides excellent heat conduction.
- Material: This restaurant grade skillet is made from heavy gauge aluminum and it has titanium based nonstick coating.
- Dishwasher: This GOURMEX Toughpan Induction Fry Pan is dishwasher and oven safe.
Also Read : Best Spatula For Non Stick Pans
9. All-Clad Hard Anodized Non-stick Frying Pan with Lid
Category: Best nonstick frying pan made from sustainable material.
Hey are you still looking? Well, this might catch your attention. It is All-Clad HA1 Hard Anodized Non-stick Frying Pan . This pan is excellent for induction cooking. It can easily retain and distribute the heat.
- Features: This pan comes with all the amazing features such as:
- The non-stick coating s PFO free.
- The glass lid allows vent free release of gases and it also has a stainless steel handle on top.
- This pan is excellent for induction stove top.
- Material: The All-Clad HA1 Hard Anodized Non-stick Frying Pan is made from hard anodized aluminum and has stainless steel cladding. The handle is made from stainless steel and lid is made from glass.
- Dishwasher: This frying pan is dishwasher and oven safe.
Different materials that are used for frying pan in electric stove:
As we know that we are looking for the pans that are perfect for electric stove but there are many materials that are perfect for electric stove but has huge difference in properties. In this section, we will compare the different materials that are used in pans:
Anodized aluminum has no health threats and it is excellent for thermal conductivity. It is considered the excellent material for making nonstick fry pans because it is lightweight, sturdy and inexpensive.
|It is cheap||Highly reactive|
|heats up quickly and evenly||Blackens under high heat|
|reacts to heat changes instantly|
Copper is considered durable and hygienic but they are reactive to heat and can leave scratched on your electric stove as marks or residues. Although you can clean these marks but it should be immediate action.
|reacts to heat adjustments||Reactive to food|
|heats up evenly and quickly||Heavy|
|corrosion resistant||Leaves scratches on the stove|
Cast iron is next on our list. It is a top choice for heavy heat cooking of because it can easily maintain heat. It maintains the heat for long time and pan made from cast iron is perfect for stir and deep frying. Moreover, cooking with cast iron releases small yet beneficial amount of iron into your food. It is naturally chemical free, so it is a great choice for all those who are worried about PFOA, PTFE, etc. in their food.
|Even heating||Extremely heavy|
|Inexpensive Best for stir fry||Not dishwasher safe|
Carbon steel pan works well on electric stove. They are cheap and durable. Moreover, the heat retention of carbon steel is great.
|Heat retention||Not rust and corrosion resistant|
The stainless-steel tri ply pans are mostly used on electric stoves because they provide excellent heat distribution.
|Perfect nonstick||Slow heating|
|do not scratch||Less life span.|
|Good heat distribution|
Things to consider before buying stir fry pan for electric stove:
Buying a best stir pan for electric stove seems like a tough decision but really it is not. All you need to have is the correct information about your own cooking requirements and budget because the size, shape and material depends upon the price.
The nonstick coating fry pans allow you to cook food with less oil which is perfect for the people who are trying to reduce weight. As the food cooked in nonstick skillet will come out easily without leaving any leaving any residue on the fry pan. There is a coating of Teflon on stainless steel or aluminum. But these coating are more prone to scratches and damage. The pan with nonstick coating is generally expensive.
The other factor is heat capacity and conductivity. The stir fry dishes are usually cooked at a higher temperature. So, the carbon steel can withstand highest temperature. Stainless steel and cast iron can also withstand temperature but you should double check with the manufacturers about the temperature range. Nonstick pans cannot withstand high temperature because after 450 Fahrenheit the Teflon coating starts to break.
A round bottom pan is perfect to be used on traditional gas stove. This creates heat at the bottom and rest of the heat will transfer up the frying pan. A stir-frying pan having flat bottom is ideal for electric stoves because it will stay balanced and the heat will be distributed evenly. Such pans offer more space to maneuver and flip food easily.
The size of pans depends upon the size of your family. Home frying pans come in 8 inches while feeding a party will require a frying pan about 36 inches in diameter. But a good in between size is between 12 to 14 inches that pan can fit standard electric stove size. Such pans allow you stir food easily without worrying about tossing your food out of the pan.
To conclude, wok is excellent if you are cooking authentic Chinese food. It will take some time and practise to use wok but once you get used to it then you will be amazed by the smoky flavour of the food. But if you cook Chinese food occasionally then I will recommend investing in high quality frying pan for your electric stove. A frying pan is also a great option when you are trying to cook food with less oil. Moreover, there is huge variety of cookware set that can be used on electric stove. I will advise you to buy pans made from multi-clad and multi-ply cast iron or stainless steel.
What pans cannot be used on glass stove?
If you do not want to damage your glass-top stove then avoid using pan and skillets made from cast iron, glass, stoneware, and ceramic. They are not compatible with glass-top stoves.
Can I use nonstick pan on electric stove?
Any flat surface pan that is made from stainless steel, cast iron, aluminum and copper and provide good heat distribution are considered best nonstick pan option for electric stove.
Can I scratch induction stove from pans?
Induction stove made from glass is prone to scratching from pans, pots and other utensils. These scratches are impossible to get out of it. But you can possibly reduce the look of scratches from your glass-top stove.