You have finally switched to nontoxic and nonstick pans. These nonstick pans require special spatula. I have listed Best Spatula for Nonstick pans available on amazon. These spatulas are highly convenient for flipping egg omelettes, pancakes or unbroken egg without any mess or damaging the covering of your nonstick pan. Nonstick pan is something that is present in every household.
As it is very important cookware, it also tends to be fragile. These pans need proper care otherwise the coating will wear out quickly. Do not underestimate the power of a good gentle spatula, it will make your pan last longer. I don’t care whether you need a spatula for frying fish or for flipping pancakes and eggs. I have considered every tiny little detail before putting it in my list.
Choosing the right spatula
Most of the spatulas that are suited for nonstick pans are made from nylon which is not a good heat resistant and tends to melt at the edges. So, there are certain things to consider while buying a right spatula for your nonstick pans. The important factors are mentioned below:
- Durability: When I was making the list, I ruled out many spatulas that are made up of nylon or plastic because they are fragile to heat. If you are looking for a good spatula that considers buying one that is made up of silicon. They are excellent heat resistant. Other spatula melts at precisely 177 degrees Celsius. I only included spatula that is made from silicone is my list. The silicone spatula is good but not indestructible. It can get cracked or get discoloured. So, I looked for silicone spatula’s that are thick because they will be easier to manoeuvre.
- Strength: A nonstick spatula is not as thin as a metal spatula. But a good nonstick spatula should offer some flexibility, precision and strength. The spatula should be thin enough to go under food like fish fillets and crepes without messing them. It should be flexible enough to flip an omelette without messing the other present the pan. If a silicone spatula is too thin then it lacks the strength and will turn to be too floppy and useless to turn heavy foods.
- Cleaning: The other factor I looked upon while choosing spatula is cleaning. If spatulas are easy to clean or not. All the silicone spatulas, I have listed are easy to clean and don’t get food stain or smell in it.
OUR TOP PICK
We totally value the time of each consumer who is looking to purchase a new spatula for your non-stick pan so if you don’t want to go through the whole article and you are in hurry then don’t worry as we have provided these 3 top picks from the entire list which you can purchase blindly.
9 Best Spatula For Non Stick Pans (Comparison Table)
OXO 1147100 Good Grips Silicone Cookie Spatula
OXO Spatulas, Small
Silicone Spatula Turner Flexible
KitchenAid Classic Slotted Turner
Set 2 Flexible Silicone Spatula
Daily Kitchen Spatula Set
Di Oro Chef Series 3-Piece Silicone Turner Spatula Set
Daily Kitchen Spatula Set Heat Resistant
Silicone Slotted Spatula
9 Best Spatula For Non Stick Pans (Buyers Guide)
Category: Best thin silicone spatula for lifting eggs.
Hey, this is my first option for you and I like to start with the best. I proudly present you OXO 1147100 Good Grips Silicone Cookie Spatula. This is the best thin yet very strong spatula available on amazon. This also comes with a lifetime warranty in case the tip gets broken.
- Features: This spatula has razor-sharp edges has is perfect for flipping eggs in a small or crowded pan. It is thin enough to flip an egg but strong enough to flip half a pound of burger. The flipper is small and squarish but it is not in any way weak. This has a silicone coating over stainless steel that makes it strong and durable. It has angled handle that keeps your hands away from the food but also provides easy transportation.
- Material: OXO spatula is made up of silicone-coated stainless steel. The handle is also made up of stainless steel which has a thick silicone coating for easy grip.
- Size: This spatula is just 4 inches which is small. The total length of it is 9 inches.
Category: best non-stick small silicone spatula.
Hey so you didn’t like my first option. Don’t worry there are plenty of them ahead. This is another spatula by OXO, it is OXO Spatulas, Small. As it is mentioned, it is small. So, if you were looking for small spatula then this might be the one for you. This has amazingly good reviews on amazon and a lifetime brand warranty.
- Features: This OXO spatula is smaller than OXO Cookie spatula. It has a thin and small squarish flipper which is ideal for flipping pancakes. It works well in the crowded pan than OXO cookie flipper. This retains the smell of garlic even after washing it. Moreover, you can clean it in a dishwasher. This has no angled handle that opens up to the possibility of your hand touching the food. As this is thinner than the previous one, it is easier to crack.
- Material: The spatula is made from stainless steel and then the silicone is coated at the flipper. The handle also has a thick silicone coating.
- Size: The overall length of the spatula is 4.5 inches which is small. The flipper is also very small.
Also Read : Best Chefs Knife Under 200
3. Silicone Spatula Turner Flexible
Category: Best spatula which is temperature resistant.
Are you looking for a spatula that is easy to clean and has high-temperature resistance? I have found one for you, this my friend is Silicone Spatula Turner Flexible Stainless Steel Core High Heat Resistant. It is pretty easy to clean and can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Features: If you look at this then you can see that it is not that big. The flipper is squarish silicone blade that can go under egg, crepe or pancake without messing them. The silicone flipper is high temperature resistant and can bear up to 600 Fahrenheit of temperature. The handle has a satin finish which provides good grip and no slip while transferring food from pan to plate. The core rugged stainless steel is durable and sturdy.
- Material: The core is made up of stainless steel and has been coated with BPA free silicone. The handle has a satin silicone coated stainless steel.
- Size: The size of the flipper is small and the overall length of this is 12 inches.
Category: best spatula for non-stick pan that has perforation.
Are looking for a perforated spatula to drip out grease and oil? In that case, you’re welcome because I have found it for you. It is KitchenAid Classic Slotted Turner. It has perforation and it is made from nylon which is the drawback. The company also offers one-year replacement warranty and lifetime warranty.
- Features: let discuss the design first, the whole spatula is made of one material but there is a strip of metal between the turner and handle. The handle has a metal piece with the name of the brand. There is a perforation in the turner that helps the oil from the food drip in the pan before putting it in the plate. As it is made from nylon, it has less heat bearing capacity than silicon turner. The turner is quite thick, so, it cannot be used for crepe etc.
- Material: The KitchenAid Classic Slotted Turner is made up of nylon from top to bottom.
- Size: The turner is quite big in size. And the overall size of this spatula is 13.1 inches. The flipper is thicker than other spatula’s such as OXO.
Category: Best pair of silicone spatula for non-stick pan.
I found the most affordable brand of spatulas on the internet. It is Set 2 Flexible Silicone Spatula by Clearsea. Both of them are of different sizes, the big spatula is good for flipping burgers, pancakes and eggs while the smaller one is good for crepes, stirring and frying. They have 12 months replacement policy.
- Features: The big turner has a width of 4 inches and small has a width of 3 inches. These two different sizes are great for a different purpose. If we want to flip an egg in the crowded pan than use a small spatula. Both of the spatulas are flexible, durable and strong. The high graded silicone has temperature resistance up to 600 degree Celsius. The spatulas are dishwasher safe.
- Material: Both of the spatulas are made from high graded silicone coated on stainless steel. The handle has a hole to hang into to the wall and they are also made up from silicone-coated stainless steel.
- Size: As there are two spatulas, both have different sizes one is 13 inches and the other is 11 inches with different turner sizes. Both of them are lightweight.
Category: Best two different types spatulas for nonstick pan.
Hey there. Still, confused about the spatulas? Can’t decide with a perforated or solid spatula? Well, you don’t have to decide because I have found Daily Kitchen Spatula Set Heat Resistant Silicone and Stainless Steel. This set includes both perforated and solid spatula. The solid spatula can be used for flipping the eggs, pancakes and crepes while the perforated spatula is good for flipping sandwiches, burgers etc.
- Features: The appearance is the first thing we notice in a spatula; it is that one of them is perforated and both of them has a hole to hang the spatulas on the wall if you like. The high graded BPA free silicone coating ensures that there are no hidden bacteria in the spatula and they also have a high-temperature bearing of 600 degree Celsius. They are dishwasher safe. The company provides 12 months replacement or money-back guarantee.
- Material: The spatulas are made from stainless steel coated with high graded BPA free solid silicone.
- Size: The overall size of both of these spatulas is 14.25 inches and they weigh approximately 7.5 ounces which are not heavy.
Also Read : Best Whipped Cream Dispenser For Inhaling
Category: best three spatulas for non-stick pan.
Looking for a good quality set of spatulas for your kitchen. I proudly present you Di Oro Chef Series 3-Piece Silicone Turner Spatula set. They are three spatulas in this set. Di Oro spatulas have amazing quality and the silicone is highly resistant to heat.
- Features: There are three spatulas that can be used for various purpose. The solid spatula can be used for flipping eggs and pancakes in crowded space without disturbing other food. The other two perforated spatulas are good for flipping burgers, sandwiches etc. The score stainless steel blades are durable enough to last you a very long time in your kitchen and if they don’t then don’t worry because these spatulas come with a lifetime warranty. The pro-grade silicone coating BPA approved.
- Material: All three spatulas are made from pro-grade silicone coated on the finest quality of stainless steel.
- Size: There are three spatulas and everything have different size. The standard spatula is of 11.4 inches long, the round spatula is of 12.2 inches and the long spatula is 14.2 inches.
Category: Best two silicone spatula and one stainless steel spatula.
You looking to add variety to your spatulas. Well, I have the perfect combo for you, it is Daily Kitchen Spatula Set Heat Resistant Silicone and Stainless Steel. This set contains two silicone-coated spatulas: one is perforated and other is hard while one stainless steel perforated spatula.
- Features: The two spatulas which are made from silicone-coated on stainless steel can be used on non-stick pans. But the third spatula which is made from stainless steel should not be used on nonstick pan unless you want it scratched. The silicone and stainless steel spatula both are temperature resistant. The spatulas are BPA approved, so, there will be no hidden bacteria after cleaning.
- Material: The two-out three spatulas are made from silicone-coated on stainless steel. The third spatula is stainless steel. The handles of all three are made up from silicone coated on stainless steel.
- Size: Daily Kitchen spatula set has three spatulas in it which are of equal sizes. The overall size of these spatula is 14.5 inches which is quite big.
Category: best perforated silicone spatula.
It is my last option for you. Are you looking for a simple perforated spatula? Then this might be it for you, this my friend is Silicone Slotted Spatula Slotted Turner Spatula. It is a single spatula; hence, the uses are limited. The features are mentioned below.
- Features: It has a very simple design. The stainless steel handle provides excellent grip and the silicone head is can bear heat up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit. You can wash it in the dishwasher but simple handwashing will also work. This is a perforated spatula so it is good for flipping burger and sandwiches.
- Material: the head is made up of silicone while the handle is made from stainless steel.
- Size: The size of this spatula is 13.7 inches long and it weighs 4.8 ounce which is lightweight.
Types of spatula:
There are many kinds of spatula that are available in market. You should know about all kind before purchasing the one because it gives you clear idea about what you are looking for. Following are the types:
- Rubber spatula: This kind of spatula is ideal for scraping the food out of container, flipping eggs and emptying baking bowls. They can get food out of containers pretty easily because they are flexible.
- Frosting spatula: This is the kind of spatula that is used for putting the frosting on cakes. They even out the frosting on cakes. They allow the easy application and complete control over this. Frosting spatula comes in different sizes and shapes.
- Turner: Turner is made from metal and they are designed to be used at high temperature of grills and stoves. Usually they are used for transferring food from stove to plate. Turners also comes in silicone and plastic.
- Fish spatula: These are specifically designed for fishes. They are designed to flip fish without breaking the fish apart. But it can also be used for flipping omelets, pancakes or thick bakes good.
Different materials for spatula:
Spatulas are made from different materials. You need to consider the heat resistant quality of the material and the material of your pan. Anyhow, the spatula can be made from following materials:
- Stainless steel: These stainless steel spatulas are not heat resistant at all. They are ideal to be used with pans made up from stainless steel, cast iron and copper pans. Do not use this spatula on nonstick or enameled cast iron pan because they will scratch the coating instantly.
- Wood spatula: these spatulas are safe and heat resistant. They can be used on both metal and nonstick pans. But the only problem with this type of spatula is that wood tend to splinter and break in to the food. These have short life.
- Plastic spatula: These spatulas are not heat resistant. They are not intended to be used while cooking at high heat. These types of spatulas are good for baking or putting frosting. They are also cheap and comes in sets.
- Silicone: the spatula made up from silicone is most versatile and heat resistant. They can be used with every pan especially nonstick. Check the heat grade before buying silicone spatula because it ranges from 350 to 600 Fahrenheit.
There are other factors that are important to consider before buying a spatula. I will recommend you go through following factors before buying a spatula as you don’t won’t to scratch or damage your nonstick pan:
- Price: A basic silicone spatula can cost you about $10 and a set of plastic spatula will cost you $15. But if you are looking for good professional spatula then it will cost you around $35 for a set.
- Dishwasher safe: There are certain spatulas that are dishwasher safe. But if you want to remove all type of smell and color of food then place it in the top shelve of dishwasher or wash it thoroughly using soap.
- Heat-resistant handles: Heat resistant handles are so important especially when you are going to use spatula while cooking. Some handles melt when come in contact with heat and becomes extremely hot. So, it extremely important you have a spatula with thick silicone coated handles to save your hands from unnecessary burns.
- Perforation: Some spatula comes with perforation to drip out the oil of food. So, it depends if you are going to use a spatula for frying or putting the food out container or leveling the frosting. The perforated spatulas are only good for frying or transferring fried food such as omelet or burgers on the plate without any mess.
Hey you made it down here. I hope you do not think of my hard work as a silly little guide to buy a spatula. I know it may seems stupid to write a lot of word on buying a spatula but if you like cooking and care about your health then it is right thing for you to go through each one of them even if you are not planning to buy it on amazon. One bad spatula can cost you thrice the price because of the damage it will do to your pan. I have compiled the list of products while considering all the factor such as material, price, durability, use and size. The pros and cons of each spatula are mentioned side by side to make decision making easier for you. Well goodbye now and have healthy spatula shopping.
What type of utensils we can use with nonstick cookware?
We can use three types of utensils with nonstick cookware such as:
Wooden utensils like spoons that have round corners and are easy to hold.
Nylon kitchen utensils.
Can we use scratched nonstick pans?
No, you can not use the scratched nonstick pan because when a pan is scratched it means the coating is wearing off. This can stick to your food and intoxicate it. So, to be on the safe side it is better to throw the pan. Moreover, with a moderate use a pan only lasts you 5 years.
Is Teflon a bad compound to be used in pan?
Yes, it is as Teflon is not a stable compound at high temperature which is 700 degree Celsius. The Teflon coated pan release dangerous fumes that cause flu. This flu is called Teflon flu.