Looking for a best small refrigerator to handle your produce items? Don’t worry as we have provided the best among the best products over here!
A decent mini fridge is a must-have when it comes to keeping fresh produce and late-night snacks cooled. However, with too many different configurations and sizes to choose from, deciding on the right mini fridge for you can be difficult.
Although I haven’t put mini fridges to a cross-category test, my experts advise just using them to cool drinks or store lunches for a few days at most. This is due to the fact that they can rarely be relied upon to keep perishable goods cold for extended periods of time. Meats, beef, and cut fruits and vegetables must be kept below 40°F (and above 32°F if you don’t want them to freeze.
Mini fridges are one of my favorite under-appreciated kitchen appliances, so I did some research and found the best versions available. The best mini fridges for any budget, room, and storage need are listed below. They’ve all received thousands of positive Amazon ratings.
OUR TOP 3 PICKS
We totally value the time of each consumer who is looking to purchase a new refrigerator so if you don’t want to go through the whole article and you are in hurry then don’t worry as we have provided these 3 top picks from the entire list which you can purchase blindly.
What are the types of mini refrigerator?
Are you looking to buy a mini fridge but don’t know anything about the technologies, styles, or purposes? Do you trust me to make the purchase? Consider reading my buyer’s guide, which will assist you in selecting the right mini fridge for storing food.
Mini refrigerators are divided into four categories depending on their size and three categories based on the technology they use to operate. That does not imply that there are seven different models of mini-fridges; rather, the mini-fridges come in four different sizes, each with its own cooling mechanism.
I didn’t sort them into categories based on “features” like lock, fridge, door frame, glass shelves, different freezer compartment, and so on. Now that you know, I’ll go over each one in depth to help you understand the form and its suitability.
Portable Mini Fridges:
Portable mini-fridges, as their name implies, are popular for their “simple portability.” These refrigerators are compact in size and have little storage capacity. They still use very little power (as little as 12 volts), making them ideal for flying. People think of them on long road trips, in dorm rooms, and even in small offices because of their size.
The thermoelectric technology is used in the majority of portable refrigerators to provide optimum cooling and heating. You read it correctly: “cooling and heating.” For those unfamiliar with the process, there is a pump that suctions heat from inside the fridge. The best part is that it can also be programmed to function in the opposite direction (means you can use it as a heater also.)
Cube Mini Fridge:
The Cube-sized mini refrigerator is smaller than compact mini refrigerators, but it has a greater capacity. They aren’t exactly compact, but they can be moved and placed without the assistance of anyone. The measurements of these refrigerators (Width x Depth x Height) are approximately 17 x 18 x 19 (inches), with the Width and Height not differing significantly. That’s why it resembles a cube.
They take up more space than a portable refrigerator and use more fuel than 12v or portable refrigerators. This can be used to store fruit, beverages, and water. However, don’t make the mistake of putting “frozen-food” in these refrigerators, since the majority of versions don’t embrace freezing.
Mid-Size Mini Fridge:
A mid-size mini-refrigerator is smaller than “Under-the-Counter” models, but bigger than Cube-size models and compact refrigerators. They work similarly to cube-size mini-fridges, with the exception that they are larger and use more electricity.
The capacity of most models is greater than 3 cu ft. If you want a dedicated freezer compartment, the 2-door mid-size mini-fridges with two parts are a good option (1 section would be used for freezing, 1 section would be used for chilling food, beer, and other things.) The majority of people who choose this type choose ones that have a separate compartment for freezing.
Under the Counter Mini Fridges:
This kind of mini-fridge, like mid-size mini-refrigerators, has a large storage capacity and is commonly used by people who have a mini-bar in their house. It’s also a popular option for many pubs that serve whisky, wine, beer, or chilled soda cans.
There are several kinds of under-the-counter mini-fridges. For example, mini-beverage coolers can cool any kind of beverage. Wine can be stored in a couple of the drinking centers, but most wine lovers enjoy a dedicated wine cooler.
9 Best Small Refrigerator For Produce (Comparison Table)
9 Best Small Refrigerator For Produce (Buying Guide)
1. Danby Designer 4.4 Cubic Feet Compact Refrigerator
Category: Best overall mini refrigerator for produce.
The Danby 4.4 Cubic Foot Mini Fridge is a compact small fridge that is also on the bigger side than what you’ll need in a dorm room or business refrigerator, but it has plenty of cabin space at 4.4 cubic feet and some useful features.
- Features: This mini fridge has following features:
- Danby’s counter-high refrigerator with a huge capacity provides plenty of extra refrigeration in a small room. This 4.4 cu. ft. model features our proprietary Canstor beer dispenser, full width freezer section, and tall bottle storage, making it ideal for rec rooms, dens, and labs.
- Wire shelves make it simple to store larger bottles and pieces. You will adjust the shelves to meet your needs by moving them up or down.
- Thermostat: The refrigerator is powered by a precise mechanical thermostat and a basic push-button defrosting mechanism, and it has a 2.5 glass shelf configuration for full storage flexibility.
- Size: The Danby mini fridge has a width of 20.7 inches and a depth of 20.9 inches. This unit’s height of 32.7 inches will make it difficult to fit into a small space. It does have a small freezer unit of 0.5 cubic feet, which is actually larger than normal for a dorm fridge.
2. RCA RFR320-PURPLE 3.2 Cu Ft Compact Fridge
Category: Best budget friendly mini refrigerator for produce.
This 3.2 CU Foot Refrigerator is sleek and stunning! This refrigerator is ideal for use in a small office, dorm space, kitchen, or children’s playroom.
- Features: This Cuisinart Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set has following features:
- This is one of the only purple refrigerators on the market, so enjoy a splash of color!
- Its reversible door allows you to easily place it anywhere you choose.
- There is also a built-in freezer compartment. The fridge has sliding tempered glass shelves that are easy to clean and stylish. A soda can dispenser and a 2 Liter bottle holder are located on the fridge’s side.
- Thermostat: The customizable thermostat helps you to fine-tune the temperature inside the refrigerator. The fridge is compressor cooled, meaning it can keep your fresh produce cool even though the weather outside is scorching.
- Size: The interior space of this mini refrigerator measures 17-1/2″ W x 18.5/8″ D x 31.5/8″ H | 84 L – 3.2 cu. Ft.
3. Insignia – 2.6 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrigerator
Category: Best small size mini fridge for produce.
Whether you are a college student that plans on catering for themselves, having a room fridge that is too limited will just inspire them to make food and they won’t be able to store all of the food they’ll need. Then I will highly recommend looking at Insignia – 2.6 Cu. It is a small fridge to store drinks and late-night snacks is a good choice for students on a cafeteria meal schedule.
- Features: This set has a very sturdy and classic look. It has some amazing features such as:
- The Insignia 2.6 Cubic Foot Mini Fridge is our pick for a compact refrigerator that can fit in a small space.
- It has a can storage compartment as well as flexible shelf, which is uncommon in such a compact fridge.
- This lightweight refrigerator from Insignia keeps your favorite produce and beverages cool and within easy reach. A convertible door swings in any direction for versatility, and durable glass shelving and can accommodation provide easy storage.
- Thermostat: It has a small freezer compartment and a thermostat, which are good features for the price.
- Size: It’s a small, almost cube-shaped design with dimensions of 27.6 feet in size, 19.1 inches in width, and 17.7 inches in depth, enabling it to fit into mostly any place.
4. Danby DAR044A6MDB-6 4.4 Cu.Ft. Mini Fridge
Category: Best high end mini fridge for storing produce.
This Danby Modern Classic counter-height refrigerator is perfect for adding extra fridge room to your kitchen, basement, family room, dorm, or office.
- Features: The design is very classy and elegant. It has following amazing feature:
- With 4.4 cu. ft. of fridge capacity, the All-refrigerator unit is spacious.
- Tall bottle storage with attached door shelving is suitable for big bottles of pop, wine, juice, or other beverages.
- Thermostat: It has automatic defrost system and easy thermostat system.
- Size: This mini thermostat has 4.4 cubic feet (96 liters) of processing and conditioning space, tall bottle storage, and two and a half transparent glass shelves, making it easy to arrange and organize all of your beverages and produce.
5. Walsh WSR31TS1 Compact Refrigerator
Category: Best high tech refrigerator for produce.
This Walsh 3.1 Cu.Ft double door small top freezer fridge with a stainless steel finish can add various types to your kitchen, rec room, or home office, storing snacks and keeping cold drinks and more.
- Features: First of all, this is Walsh 3.1 Cu.Ft double door small top freezer fridge. It has following features:
- Reversible door which can function from the left or right, flexible door that can be used in a variety of kitchen layouts. Levelling up legs allow you to change your feet and maintain a level position in any situation.
- Fruit and vegetables are separated by glass shelves and a cabinet. Glass shelves may be used to distinguish various kinds of food. A customizable slide-out glass shelf adds to the variety of ways you can coordinate your storage needs.
- Thermostat: Walsh refrigerators can be performed manually with a balance dial ranging from 0 to 7, and you can rotate the dial to adjust the correct temperature. And the refrigerator compartment has a range of temperatures of 32°F to 47°F, while the freezer compartment has a temperature range of 0°F.
- Size: This energy-efficient fridge holds fruit, soda, beer, and other drinks while using less energy and occupying little room. The refrigerator’s elegant, minimalist architecture is ideal for school dorm rooms, businesses, garages, and home bars.
6. BLACK+DECKER BCRK25W Compact Refrigerator
Category: Best energy star approved mini fridge for produce.
The BLACK+DECKER 2.5 Cubic Foot Energy Star Mini Refrigerator has a compact profile, making it ideal for placement on the ground, table, desk, or just about anywhere else where storage is limited.
- Features: This refrigerator comes with all the amazing features such as:
- The fridge’s two interchangeable glass shelves increase storage capacity while still making it easier to vacuum. Extra door storage accommodates five 12 oz. cans (such as soda and beer), narrow bins on the top shelf, and a 2 liters door space compartment for larger items.
- Low noise function (45dB) is ideal for areas where a loud machine is not desired, such as hospital areas, TV and game rooms, and even baby rooms where milk can be stored for fast feeding.
- Thermostat: This mini refrigerator temperature control (32 ° F at the lowest heat) makes it much more useful.
- Size: Ice packs, most frozen meals, and the optional ice tray match in the compact freezer (12.8 inches in diameter x 4.3 inches in length).
Also Read: Best Cookware Set For Glass Top Stove
7. Midea 3.1 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrigerator
Category: best value for compact and mini refrigerator for produce.
When it comes to refrigeration, Midea is a market leader. This mini fridge has a 3.1 cu ft size and can hold a variety of foods that need to be kept chilled or frozen.
- Features: This has a minimal design and following feature:
- This Midea is a mini refrigerator and has a 3.1 cu ft size and can hold a variety of foods that need to be kept chilled or froze.
- You’ll get a separate freezer portion with a dual door configuration, which is around half the total size of the refrigerator compartment.
- Thermostat: The manual temperature sensor makes it easy to configure your chilling requirements, and the manual defrost setting makes cleaning a breeze.
- Size: The reversible hinges on this mini fridge were built by Midea to allow you to adjust the way your mini fridge opens.
8. Midea 3.1 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrigerator
Category: Best energy star certified mini refrigerator for produce.
Are you looking for a refrigerator manufacturing company with experience? The Midea 3.1 Cu. Ft. Double Door Compact Refrigerator provides separate fridge and freezer parts with plenty of room for fruit, snacks, and frozen sweets, and is built to work with Energy Star quality in mind.
- Features: First of all, this refrigerator has following features.
- This Midea mini-fridge, like the previous one on this series, is Energy Star certified and has received its UL energy certification, which explains a lot about the company’s campaign.
- For your comfort, this manufacturing fridge has a crisper drawer as well as ancillary products such as an ice cube tray and even an ice scraper – Its door may also be set to the left or right.
- Thermostat: The manual temperature sensor makes it easy to configure your chilling preferences, and the manual defrost setting makes cleaning a breeze.
- Size: It measures 18.5 width, 19.37 height and 32.95 inches depth.
9. Frigidaire EFR176-RED 1.6 cu ft Blue Retro Fridge
Category: Best retro and chic looking min refrigerator for produce.
Not all mini refrigerators have to design the very same, as the Coca-Cola refrigerator demonstrates. The Frigidaire EFR176-RED mini fridge is a brilliant example of how you can get a mini fridge that looks better than any.
- Features: This Frigidaire EFR176-RED mini fridge has amazing features such as:
- This 1.6-cubic-foot refrigerator has a lovely retro-inspired look with a classic red finish.
- The inclusion of a bottle cap opener on the side adds a pleasant finishing touch to the vintage style.
- The Frigidaire label is written in a traditional font, and the refrigerator’s chrome details complete the look.
- Thermostat: It includes an adjustable bottle opener, pull out shelves for quick drying, and an interior freezer with an ice cube tray and an adjustable thermostat to hold your two liters of bottle space at the optimal temperature.
- Size: The people at iGloo have done it once again. The Retro, FR176, 1. 6 CU. FT portable refrigerator is now available.
What to Look for When Buying a Mini refrigerator for produce?
Refrigerators have been a popular consumer product in the twenty-first century. As a result, to compete with the industry, conventional size refrigerator brands are adding fancy new features, energy-saving properties, ergonomic styles, and revolutionary innovations.
The latest crop of mini fridges isn’t far behind in terms of technological advances. These small refrigerators aim to provide comparable cooling efficiency at a reduced cost and in a smaller room. To get the best value for the money, you can first find out what you want from your fridge.
Are there any specific requirements you’d like the mini fridge to meet? To simplify things for you, here are some features to consider before you spend money:
Location of the installation:
Where will you be placing it? Is it in your wet bar’s counter, the corner of your joint dorm space, or the garage next to your workshop? Many mini fridges can’t keep cold in hot weather; if yours isn’t built for outdoor use, putting it in your driveway or patio, for example, can cause it to overwork and shorten its lifetime. If this is the kind of installation you want, get to know what kind of cooling system you’ll need.
Space in the freezer:
Mini-fridges, unlike conventional refrigerators, do not have a freezer compartment to start with. If it has a fridge, it is normally not isolated from the rest of the refrigerator and is unlikely to be cool enough to hold frozen treats refrigerated, such as ice cream, failing the intention. To address this, you can either purchase a stand-alone freezer refrigerator or a mini fridge with a dedicated freezer storage that will ensure that your food remains frozen.
Pay special attention to the door’s style. 2-door (fridge/freezer) mini-fridges are arguably the way to go, since they can hold two levels best and suit a wider range of fridge necessities. But that is entirely up to you. A reversible door is also a good, flexible feature because it helps you to enter your supply from both sides without worrying about the arrangement of your room.
Purpose of mini refrigerator:
Evaluate what you want to store inside the mini-fridge. Maybe you see your mini fridge as an extra storage facility for your draught beers and other interesting beverages at home. Or a spot in the workplace where you can hold your homemade lunch, coffee, and snacks. Alternatively, a useful appliance for keeping ready-made baby’s milk in your bedroom for new parents to catch easily during their first several weeks. Consider your circumstance, as well as your refrigerator’s specifications.
Also Read: Best Protein Skimmer For 75 Gallon Tank
The freezer capacity of most mini fridges is limited. They’re designed to keep food and drinks cool. However, whether you are addicted to ice cream or just need a lot of space for ice, a large freezer is essential. You should have no trouble selecting one that meets your unique requirements now that we’ve looked at what a mini fridge is, the different kinds of mini fridges on the market, and our choices for the 9 best mini fridges. We hope that this guide has provided you with enough information about mini fridges to allow you to make an educated decision. Happy shopping.
Do mini refrigerators use a lot of power?
Although calculating the exact amount of energy used by a typical mini refrigerator is difficult, mini-fridges use far less power to work than normal refrigerators, making them more cost-effective. This, of course, will vary depending on the item’s power efficiency properties (or shortage of same), insulation, and how you use it, such as how often you open the refrigerator and how warm the food is when you leave it there.
Is it necessary to ventilate a mini fridge?
Unless it’s a refrigerator that’s specially made to go under the table. To dissipate the heat smoothly, a clearance of around 1 to 2 inches from the rear is recommended. Proper ventilation, as with any other kitchen appliance, is critical to extending its lifetime and maximizing its efficiency.