I looked at the 10 best single serve french press on the market. Read on if you’re searching for a coffee maker that’s simple to operate, clean, and store. I have also got you covered if you want to upgrade to a full-size press.
If you are anything like me, you’re a “one-cup-per-day” coffee drinker. If you drink too much coffee, you may experience jitteriness, an accelerated pulse, and discomfort. Not just that, but too much coffee can lead to a physical and mental dependence on a high caffeine dosage. No one likes to be prevented from doing what they want to do because they need “the next cup.” To avoid some of the negative effects from too much caffeine, one cup of coffee per day should be the maximum amount consumed. That is why a single-cup french press coffee maker is recommended. It has the effect of reducing your caffeine intake, and it requires up less counter space with a tiny french press.
If you’re anything like myself, you appreciate the notion of brewing a single cup of coffee at a moment but don’t want to use Keurig-style coffee machines. Then there’s the single-serve french press. There are several options available, some of which are superior than others.
The first french press I purchased was a Bodum mid-sized 34-ounce french press. It worked great at first, but when I began to make smaller and smaller amounts of coffee, sometimes just a single cup at a time, several times each day, the larger coffee press became too large and inconvenient to operate.
This is an extra advantage if you live alone and have a tiny flat.
OUR TOP PICKS
We totally value the time of each consumer who is looking to purchase a new single serve french press so if you don’t want to go through the whole article and you are in hurry then don’t worry as we have provided these 3 top picks from the entire list which you can purchase blindly.
What are the parts of French press?
The French Press is divided into two sections:
The lid, plunger and filter
A metal filter permits natural oils and tiny particles from the coffee beans to flow into and through your cup in a French Press. When contrasted to brewing techniques that employ a paper filter, it’s what provides French Press coffee its rich and diverse flavor.
The plunger is a metal rod that runs through into the top of the filter and is used to push the filter to the side of the beaker, earning the French Press its second half of namesake.
The filter is designed to securely slip into the beaker with just enough suction on the side panels to avoid coffee granules from sliding by when squeezed, and the cap fits onto the top of the container.
The beaker, base and handle
Although most beakers are made of glass, other versions are made of plastic, metal, or ceramic. Its function is to keep the coffee and water warm while steeping and to make pouring the filter coffee into your mug simple.
Based on the materials used to manufacture the French Press, the body and handle design might vary. In the part on buying a french press, we go through these variances in detail.
The French Press is popular because it does not require any special equipment, such as a long neck kettle, a supply of paper filters, or power to brew. To prepare French Press coffee, you’ll need boiling water, ground coffee, and a French Press. With a few extra tools, the quality of your coffee will dramatically improve.
The most effect will be achieved by using a burr coffee grinder to freshly grind your coffee well before brewing. Because coffee begins to oxidize and lose taste after it is prepared, pre-ground coffee is not a choice if you want to brew good coffee.
A burr grinder will also give you a uniform grind with precise particle sizes. This is particularly necessary when preparing French Press coffee since the coffee grounds are soaked with the water for so long. When particle sizes are uneven, such as those generated by a blade grinder, the fine particles would be over extracted (bitter), while the big ones would be under-extracted.
What is measured will be managed?
If the ratio of coffee to water isn’t measured, it’s hard to consistently make a good cup of coffee. Because coffee beans have varying densities based on how they were produced, handled, and toasted, the best way to measure it is using a scale. If you don’t have access to a scale, you can estimate by volume. Freshly roasted coffee contains around 6-7 grams per tablespoon, whereas darker roasted coffee weighs about 5-6 grams per tablespoon.
Since they spend less time in the roaster and have a higher water content, the freshly roasted beans weigh greater. Lastly, a timer (your phone would suffice) is helpful for measuring the steep duration because French Press coffee is prone to excess extraction if steeped for too long.
Also Read : 10 Best Manual Coffee Grinder For French Press
10 Best Single Serve French Press (Buying Guide)
1. Frieling USA Double-Walled Stainless-Steel French Press Coffee Maker
Category: best stainless steel single serve French press.
When it comes to excellent cups of thick and strong coffee, the French press is a classic piece! While there are many alternatives, I think you’ll enjoy this stainless-steel model if you’re looking for the finest of the best. Does this match you? Then check out the Frieling French Press Review to see whether this high-end coffee maker with a unique function is right for you.
- Features: This Frieling USA Double-Walled Stainless-Steel French Press Coffee Maker has following features:
- Yes, owing to this basic operation, French presses are quick and convenient, but I think we can all conclude the following: the coffee sediments at the bottom of the cup are the most unpleasant thing about them! Number of times times I have seen products that promise to provide sediment-free coffee but don’t deliver. The Frieling French press, for example, does.
- Whether you’re looking for a small, travel-friendly French press, a medium-sized French press, or a large one for a large family, you’ll find a Frieling model that suits your demands. This French press comes in five distinct sizes (8, 17, 23, 36 and even 44 ounces).
- Material: This elegant coffee press is made of indestructible 18/10 stainless steel and has an all-steel mesh plunger system to keep your beverages blazing hot or cold as a cucumber. While every model has a brushed interior, you get to select the appearance you want for the outside: the Frieling French press coffee maker is obtainable in brushed or mirror polish finishes in all sizes. I particularly appreciate the full-length grip and the notion that it can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Control System: It has a revolutionary dual screen constructed of Italian super-fine mesh that guarantees that far more oils are removed from your coarse coffee grounds, resulting in a fuller quality after a fast 4 minutes soak in hot water. It’s very simple to dismantle this stainless steel filter, but you won’t have to if you throw it in the dishwasher.
2. Bodum 1928-16US4 Chambord French Press Coffee Maker
Category: Best sleek single serve French press.
Since the 1950s, Bodum has always been around. The firm has introduced numerous winning models in the past, with a series of successful items to make your coffee-making process easier. The Bodum Chambord Coffee & Tea Maker is an excellent illustration of the company’s exceptional craftsmanship.
- Features: This Bodum Chambord Coffee & Tea Maker has following features:
- This coffee maker will enhance your nights by brewing coffee for 2 to 3 people. The model’s structure is the first thing you notice about it. A French press made of high-quality borosilicate glass that can endure high temperatures is included.
- Other traditional coffee brewing techniques necessitate the use of paper filters. The French press eliminates the need for paper filters, resulting in a coffee maker that lowers waste.
- You receive a large 34-ounce carafe and a product that can be washed in the dishwasher for easy cleanup. The stainless steel filter effectively captures all essential oils, resulting in a rich and delicious cup of coffee that will keep you hooked.
- Material: The Bodum is attractive and performs admirably. This type is distinguished by its stainless steel frame and plastic handle, as well as the thick borosilicate transparent glass. The glass structure also ensures that your drink remains fresh and hot by preventing heat loss. The netting is held firmly in place by a helical plate, ensuring that no coffee grinds end up in your cup. Furthermore, the filter plate is well-made and prevents residue from passing through.
- Control system: The entire procedure of making coffee with this model is really simple. It is more practical than you would think. If this is your first time buying a French press, it is the ideal addition for you. When buying a glass French press, the major worry is whether or not the glass beaker will shatter. The highlight of this French press, though, is the borosilicate glass, which is both robust and strong.
3. Coffee Gift Set, Best Coffee Gifts for Caffeine Lovers
Category: Best bundle deal of single serve French press.
Your hunt for the ideal coffee gift is over; the Hawaiian coffee lover gift box is sure to wow even the most discerning coffee connoisseurs you know. This carefully chosen coffee gift basket would not only demonstrate your impeccable taste, but will also be regarded as the differentiator in the way they consume coffee in the future.
- Features: It has some amazing features such as:
- Gourmet roasted whole beans should be freshly ground and slowly brewed in a glass french press coffeemaker to get their unique essential oils found nowhere else on the planet. Their genuine grins of gratitude for the coffee toys that have finally been checked off their wish list will fill your heart with love and delight.
- Control system: Grounds do not slip around the edges as they did on my prior one since the screen (press portion) fits securely. The plastic cap includes a secondary screen to collect leaking coffee grounds directly at the spout, which is a feature I particularly enjoy.
- Material: This full beginning package, specifically designed for French press novices, comes gift-ready with everything required to experience excellent French press coffee. Your coffee is ready to drink after only 5 simple steps.
4. Cafe Du Chateau French Press Coffee Maker
Category: best single serve French press with four step filteration.
Thanks to the creativity of numerous coffee shops, cold coffee has been increasingly popular in recent years. However, you don’t have to pay for an iced coffee on your way to work at a drive-thru. In the comfort of your own home, you can prepare cold brews. The Café Du Chateau French Press is my top pick in the French press category since it is the best French press coffee maker available. It includes a few characteristics that other French Press coffee makers don’t have, and it’s also reasonably priced! Let’s take a deeper look at some of its unique characteristics.
- Features: The design is very sturdy and elegant. It has following amazing feature:
- The Café Du Chateau type has twin stainless steel screen filters on its plunger, unlike low-quality presses that may leave coffee grounds in your completed cup of coffee.
- Although the carafe is large enough to brew a lot of coffee, the French Press is compact and portable. It can easily fit into a compact suitcase or travel bag and be transported on the go, making it suitable for a trip to the workplace or your next outdoor adventure.
- Material: The exceptional quality of materials used in the manufacture of the Café Du Chateau French Press makes it the greatest French Press coffee maker available. Every metal component of the press is made of 304-grade stainless steel, which prevents rust and gives it a lovely sheen. The carafe is composed of borosilicate glass, which is heat resistant and can handle boiling water. All of the materials used are BPA-free, and these claims are backed up by verified lab tests.
- Control system: The Café Du Chateau’s four-level filtration system is its most distinctive feature. It’s the only French press with a four-level system on the market. A spring-loaded bottom plate reinforces the plunger even further, fully sealing all sides. All of this is topped off with a high-quality top lid strainer, resulting in the cleanest brew possible.
5. Secura French Press Coffee Maker
Category: Best nominal priced single serve French press.
Whether you’ve been using a French press for a long time or are just switching from a coffee maker, you’ll appreciate the Secura Stainless Steel French Press.
- Features: First of all, this is Secura Stainless Steel French Press. It has following features:
- This French press was initially made available online in the spring of 2014, and it is still one of Secura’s best-selling items five years later. Although the company has subsequently produced a 50-ounce variant, such a large capacity is unneeded unless you live in an apartment with a lot of coffee drinkers.
- Material: The Secura Stainless Steel French Press is a contemporary take on a classic that dates back over a century. It is proven to outlive any coffee maker in its price range, thanks to a three-layer stainless steel filtering mechanism.
- Control system: That said, if you love coffee and have the time to devote to making the ideal cup, the Secura Stainless Steel French Press will provide you with all of the equipment you’ll want to be a master barista. Because French presses have more customizing options than coffee machines, the Secura Stainless Steel French Press will continue to add your own unique touch to every cup of coffee you make.
6. Mind Reader French Press Coffee & Tea Maker
Category: Best single serve French press under $10.
Do you enjoy good coffee but despise paying for it? Do you enjoy coffee but can’t get it when you want it? Browsing for a tiny coffee maker that isn’t too expensive? This MIND READER French Press Coffee Maker is just what you’ve been looking for!
- Features: The design is very sturdy and elegant. It has following amazing feature:
- To prevent spillage, the lid of this coffee maker is secure and protected.
- Even when the coffee shops are closed, you may still have a wonderful cup of coffee. This is an excellent gift for coffee connoisseurs, snobs, and enthusiasts.
- Material: This French press is constructed of heat-resistant glass and features a stainless steel mesh filter to provide a good cup of coffee.
- Control system: The MIND READER French Press Coffee Maker is designed for more than just the home. Because it is portable and easy to use, the French press may be used at the workplace break room or as a camping coffee maker. You’ll be drinking that black brew in no time if you use good coffee grounds and hot water.
7. Stanley French Press 48oz with Double Vacuum Insulation
Category: best expensive single serve French press.
The Stanley French Press is what it’s called. This device is very tough, in typical Stanley form, so it’s ideal for whatever kind of trip you’re going on. If you’re headed to the beach early in the morning to surf some waves, you’ll want to carry this with you so you can have coffee ready when you’re done. In any case, make sure this Stanley French Press is in your bag. You will not be sorry!
- Features: This has a minimal design and following feature:
- The grip of the handle is one of my favorite features.
- The Stanley French press is tough, long-lasting, and engineered to withstand the elements.
- Material: The press element appears to be well-designed. If you look really closely, you can see the beveled angle that they used. After that, check at the drip on the lid’s front. It’s difficult to see, but there’s a small arrowhead that will line up with this tilt when you serve, and that you can rotate it and it’ll close it up, keeping it heated for way too long. The lid also features a dishwasher-safe, easy-to-clean filter that ensures a smooth coffee sip.
- Control system: The greatest part is when you put the top back on. It’s strangely gratifying. We’re going to stomp on it. I suggest going a bit slower since if you go too quickly, the grounds will all rise to the top, and nobody likes grounds in their coffee. So, I take my time and proceed gently to prepare the ideal cup of coffee.
8. Bodum COLUMBIA Coffee Maker
Category: Best stainless steel single serve French press.
One glimpse at Bodum Columbia can be enough to persuade customers to make a purchase. But it’s about a lot more than just appearances. All of them are included in our review; scroll down to see if it is genuinely worth your money.
- Features: First of all, it is Bodum COLUMBIA Coffee Maker. It has following features:
- You’ll appreciate how simple it is to keep this item clean! The structure results in fewer components to clean when compared to other French presses. All of them come off with an easy tug, which you won’t understand given how tightly the components fit together.
- Material: It has a silicone and mesh plunger as well as a three-part filter. This filter does a fantastic job of removing the majority of the grounds from your coffee. However, make sure they’re coarse, as finer grinds will pass through the filter.
- Control system: Obviously, the performance of Bodum Columbia is the major reason for its recommendation. It makes excellent coffee in a shorter period of time, making the whole procedure less uncomfortable for people who are used to make excellent coffee.
9. Francois et Mimi Vintage-Style Double Wall French Coffee Press
Category: Best vintage looking single serve French press.
With this stylishly constructed French coffee press, you may have fresh coffee every day. The product has a no-drip spout and is large enough to hold three regular coffee cups.
- Features: This Francois et Mimi French Coffee Press has amazing features such as:
- This is a high-quality, long-lasting, and stylish French coffee press that does exactly what it says on the tin, as well as providing an easy way to produce delicious tasting coffee. I also like that I can take it straight to our table to serve our guests due of its great quality and attractive appearance.
- Material: The Francois et Mimi French Coffee Press is built completely of stainless steel with a mirror-like surface and has a lovely vintage style and design. It features a wide base that makes it highly robust and secure on a table or countertop. The double layer maintains the brewed coffee/tea hot while preserving the pot safe to touch on the outside.
- Control system: Once the water has reached a boil, pour it into the Coffee Press pot, cover it but do not press it, and wait at least 5 minutes before carefully pressing the press downward. Pour and breathe deeply, then appreciate the richness of your freshly brewed coffee. If you want a stronger coffee, use less water.
10. Bonjour Maximus French Press Coffee Maker
Category: Best luxurious single serve French press.
This robust and classically-styled Bonjour Coffee Maximus 8-Cup French Press combines flavorful coffee preparation with attractive, creative kitchen design.
- Features: This Bonjour Coffee Maximus 8-Cup French Press has amazing features such as:
- The sleek press makes 33.8 ounces of coffee, which is equivalent to eight 4-ounce espresso glasses.
- Material: This French press is made of heat-resistant borosilicate glass with an easy-pour spout and a beautiful, deep brown-toned stainless steel frame and lid.
- Control system: When the required intensity is attained, the BonJour Flavor Lock filtration system built into the stainless steel plunger design allows the user to halt the brewing process.
Also Read : 10 Best Pot And Pan Set Under $100
How to choose a single serve French press?
These are the features that the finest French Press Coffee Makers will have:
- Material that is solid: You’ve most likely seen a selection of French Press Coffee Makers at your local home goods store—perhaps even Wal Mart or Target. These can be made of a variety of materials, including plastic, steel, and glass. But, for first-timers, what is the finest French Press coffee maker? Glass or stainless steel are the best options. It’s a huge upgrade from the cheap, awful plastic stuff, but it’s not so expensive that you’ll wonder if the high expenses were worth it.
- The Correct Size: If you’re going to use the French Press Coffee Maker as your go-to at home, I suggest having one that can create at least X ounces of coffee for a household of three or more (that gives everyone roughly one cup). You can self-determine that however much coffee you want to brew at any one time if you’re only preparing a batch for yourself.
Because of its longevity, heat stability, and excellent coffee, the Frieling Stainless Steel French Press outperforms the industry. Setting money away, it’s the greatest option. However, one of the best things about French presses is the abundance of low-cost, high-quality choices, such as the Kona French Press. It’s an easy and dependable option that will last for generations for much less than 50 % of the cost.
What size of grind should I use?
Coarsely ground beans are excellent for French press coffee. If the grounds are too fine, the coffee will be harsh and over-extracted, and tiny grinds will pass through the filter and spoil the entire pot. A coffee made with coarse-ground beans, on the other hand, will be balanced and sediment-free. Finding freshly ground beans or grinding your own coffee at home might be a pain, but it’s worth it for great coffee in the end.
Is it possible to create other beverages using a French press?
Definitely! Although French presses are typically used for brewing hot coffee, they may also be used for a variety of other purposes. The best option drink made with a French press is cold brew, although users may also create tea, juices, and fruit-infused water. For lattes and cappuccinos, French presses may even froth milk.