Are you on the lookout for the top high-tech rice cooker? You’ve arrived to the correct place. I have listed 10 best rice cooker for sticky rice.
Rice is the globe’s most extensively eaten staple food. Rice comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. Long grain rice, short grain rice, Jasmine rice, Basmati rice, and a range of other kinds are available. Sticky rice is a prominent variation in South and East Asian cuisine, although it isn’t as widespread in Asian-American food.
That’s too bad, since sticky rice is delicious, if you’re cooking Thai-style khao niao mamuang or classic Chinese zongzi. Many supermarkets and Asian grocery stores now have a wide selection of rice varieties, but you’d be unsure how and where to prepare this particular sort.
Therefore, what makes rice sticky, you might wonder? Sticky rice is a popular rice variety produced in Southeast Asia. Although there are various forms of rice that may be lumped under the category of’ sticky rice,’ real sticky rice is a distinct breed of rice that is also known as glutinous rice. Due to its name many people think glutinous rice contain gluten but on contrary it doesn’t! Celiac illness or gluten allergic will appreciate the various recipes that may be made using sticky rice.
Cooking sticky rice may appear to be a difficult undertaking. What is the best way to get the desired texture and consistency? True, you may cook the rice in a saucepan or use other, more unusual techniques. However, the solution is straightforward: use a rice cooker.
Buying Tips for Determining the Quality of Your Rice Cooker
When looking for the finest rice cooker for sticky rice, keep the following guidelines in mind:
Model Types are Compared
Now that you’ve learned about the many types of rice cookers, you can compare them and choose the one that best suits your needs.
Choose a model with digital controls if you find them easier to use. Choose a basic choice if you want to stick to the essentials and have greater control without being overwhelmed by so many buttons. Make sure the controls are simple to use so you can get the greatest outcomes.
You’ll Need These Features
What are the characteristics that are most essential to you? If you want an appliance that can do everything, look for one that has many functions such as pressure cooking, slow cooking, steaming, and so on. Choose a type that can keep your rice heated for longer if you simply require a simple rice cooker.
Cleaning is simple
This is a crucial characteristic to look for in a rice cooker that will be used to make sticky rice. You do not need the leftovers to cling to the pot or burn. It’s a plus if the pot is removable, non-stick, and simple to clean.
10 Best Rice Cooker For Sticky Rice (Comparison Table)
|Aroma Housewares ARC-954SBD Rice Cooker|
|Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup Micom Rice Cooker|
|BLACK+DECKER Rice Cooker, 6-cup, White|
|Dash Mini Rice Cooker Steamer with Removable Nonstick Pot|
|IMUSA USA GAU-00013 Electric Nonstick Rice Cooker 8-Cup|
|Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup Rice Cooker|
|Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice Cooker & Food Steamer|
|Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker|
|Toshiba Rice Cooker 6 Cups Uncooked|
|TIGER JBV-A10U 5.5-Cup Micom Rice Cooker with Food Steamer Basket|
10 Best Rice Cooker For Sticky Rice (Buying Guide)
Category: Best large capacity rice cooker for sticky rice.
Aroma Housewares’ Digital Rice Cooker and Vegetable Steamer is a fantastic item. This model also provides outstanding value for money due to its affordable pricing.
- Features: This has a very sturdy appearance. It has some amazing features such as:
- The non-stick inside makes cleaning a breeze.
- To prepare, add slightly less than twice as much water as rice. Allow the rice to remain for a few hours prior cooking if you have the time. Aroma’s high-quality rice cooker is a one-stop answer for making a variety of rice types.
- The cooker is great for sticky rice, but it also makes restaurant-quality brown and white rice.
- Function: It has particular function, such as ‘quick rice,’ which reduces cooking time by half so you can eat your favorite grains even when you’re pressed for time. The nicest thing about making sticky rice in this cooker is how easy it is to clean.
- Capacity: It has an 8-cup space, so it should be enough for any gathering.
Category: best luxurious rice cooker for sticky rice.
The Zojirushi 5 and half (uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer will be a beneficial addition to any home kitchen if you are willing to invest a little extra. This stainless-steel cooker has “Fuzzy Logic” technology, which assures a consistent final result, as well as a retractable cable to keep things clean.
- Features: This Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup has following features:
- This amazing Zojurishi device is a chef’s choice for automatically preparing several rice kinds.
- The cooker features settings and steaming modes to guarantee you get the right outcome every time, whether you’re making sticky rice or standard white or brown rice.
- This device stands out since it’s a versatile cooker with a steaming mode that can be used to prepare fish, veggies, and even cakes.
- Function: With its wide variety of operations, automated programming, and micro-computerized fuzzy logic, this is a fantastic equipment that expert chefs love to use to make excellent quantities of rice every time.
- Capacity: Even if your water-to-rice proportion has been off, according to another critic, the cooker will perceive the quantity of water based on the amount of rice/type of rice getting cooked, and the volume of water vented will be slowed down to the perfect cooking situations for that type of rice for perfect texture and delicacy.
Also Read : 10 Best Pot And Pan Set Under $100
Category: Best cheap rice cooker for sticky rice.
Another rice cooker worthy of mention is the Black and Decker 3-cup Dry/6 Cup Rice Cooker and Steamer, which likewise comes with that affordable price tag we’re all are on the lookout for.
- Features: This Black and Decker 3-cup Dry/6 Cup Rice Cooker and Steamer has following features:
- This rice cooker from Black + Decker is a good alternative if you’re on a budget but yet want a reliable appliance. Without needing to grasp a variety of alternatives, you can make your favorite sticky rice in less than 30 minutes.
- The easy-to-use programs include cooking and warming choices, ensuring that you always have a steaming cup of rice ready to serve.
- While the automated mechanism eliminates the need for guessing, it does come with a glass cover so you can keep an eye on things. It also includes a measuring cup, a steaming basket, and a serving spoon, for that very same price.
- Function: The nonstick rice cooker’s easy programming combined with a cheap price make it a popular option among customers.
- Capacity: Although several of the multi-cookers on our list have a greater capacity than this Black+Decker rice cooker, none are as easy to use as this eight-cup choice – especially if you’re cooking rice for a crowd.
Category: Best rice cooker for sticky rice for single serving.
The Dash Mini Rice Cooker has a simple and beautiful design and is available in a variety of hues, including sky blue, pink, red, white, and black. You may pick one that matches your tastes or would look great on your kitchen counter.
- Features: This has a very sturdy appearance. It has some amazing features such as:
- It may appear little and insignificant, but this rice cooker has a lot to offer, including meal variety, easy cleanup, a keep warm mode, and 1000+ recipes.
- After the cooking cycle, the Keep Warm mode will automatically start, allowing your meal to stay warm even if you decide to eat it later.
- Function: You simply need to toss your contents in and push down on the Dash Mini Rice Cooker’s single switch. Your meal will be available in less than 20 minutes.
- Capacity: The 2 cups capacity allows you to produce a more nutritious but full serving for a quick but nutritious breakfast, lunch, supper, or snack.
Category: best large capacity and nominal priced rice cooker for sticky rice.
This rice cooker is ideal for individuals who want a simple, one-and-done solution. One satisfied customer said, this cooker is easy to clean, looks wonderful, and is so easy to operate, if it’s white rice or brown rice, it mysteriously knows when the rice is done.
- Features: The design is very classy and elegant. It has following amazing feature:
- The cooker includes a detachable nonstick pot, which one buyer claims is the best and most useful feature since it allows you to rinse the rice in the provided nonstick pot without losing a single grain while draining the starchy water.
- It also has raised/indented measuring indicators on the pot so you can easily determine where to fill it.
- This appliance has vowed to make cooking easier in more ways than one; you will adore how easy it is to create extremely fluffy rice in virtually no time.
- This rice cooker is an excellent choice. It has items such as an aluminum vapor container, a nonstick inner pot, a plastic spatula for rice, and a measuring cup for rice, all of which are meant to make cooking more enjoyable rather than painful.
- Function: A property of steam technology that allows any fish to steam, as well as vegetables, fowl, and excellent rice cooking. It is a very flexible cooking equipment that provides customers with a plethora of options. Options are as limitless as your imagination.
- Capacity: It can hold up to six cups of cooked rice and three cups of uncooked rice, and it has a clear view tempered glass door. The direct control over the preparation of food is aided by the glass cover.
Category: Best simple-to-understand rice cooker for sticky rice.
Some, nevertheless, did not enjoy all of the bells and whistles that came with cooking rice, despite the fact that some individuals gravitated to these additional features. Some people just choose a basic and easy-to-use rice cooker that does not need them to put in a lot of work while preparing their daily meals.
Zojirushi, fortunately, provides a rice cooker for all, irrespective of their tastes. The Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup Rice Cooker is ideal for those who don’t desire a difficult cooking experience.
- Features: First of all, this is Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup Rice Cooker. It has following features:
- The NHS-06 3-Cup Rice Cooker, one of the top Zojirushi rice cookers on the market, was designed to meet the demands of individuals who want to cook delicious rice for their daily meals just don’t want anyone to be complicated.
- The glass cover of the NHS-06 allows you to keep an eye on your rice while it cooks. Because of the lack of functionality, you won’t be able to modify your cooking settings, but the see-through lid allows you to watch how your rice is cooking within.
- The NHS-06 may be little and inexpensive, but the quality is outstanding. Thanks to its sturdy non-stick inner cooking pan, which is easy to clean and can sustain years of regular usage, you may enjoy this cooker for a long time at a low price.
- Function: The primary goal of this little rice cooker is to make the cooking process easier and more straightforward. The NHS-06 features a single switch instead of all the buttons and confusing functions, which is all you actually need to make ideal rice for your everyday meals. All you have to do now is add the rice grains and turn the knob to the lowest position. After then, the cooking cycle begins.
- Capacity: One of the greatest budget-friendly and compact rice cookers on the market is the Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup Rice Cooker.
Category: Best rice cooker for sticky rice with many functionalities.
Today, we’ll look at the top model available in Hamilton Beach’s current rice cooker collection. This model was chosen because it is reasonably priced, have a wide range of features and capacities, and is recognized for their long life and adaptability.
- Features: This is rice cooker comes with all the amazing features such as:
- White rice, fast rice, whole grain rice, hot cereal, steam cook, and heat/simmer are among the appliance’s one-touch cooking options. A warming option and a delayed start are also available.
- The 37543 Rice Cooker by Hamilton Beach is made of stainless steel with black accents.
- In terms of size, it’s rather small for its capacity and won’t take up much counter space. Overall, it’s a stylish appliance that belongs in a chef’s kitchen.
- A rice rinse/steam basket is included with the rice cooker.
- Function: On an LCD screen surrounded by the different cooking settings, one basic panel displays the remaining cook time.
- Capacity: The Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice Cooker & Food Steamer is a large-capacity steamer that can be used for rice and a variety of other foods.
Category: best rice cooker for sticky rice with Neuro fuzzy technology.
I came across the Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer when looking for a rice cooker that could do it all and do it effectively. The cooker was as adorable as a button, and it overpromised. So, I put it to the test by cooking a large amount of rice with it. Continue reading because I’m bursting at the seams to share my discoveries with you.
- Features: This has a minimal design and following feature:
- The problem with all countertop appliances is that they take up valuable counter space. On my counter, the Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker looked charming, and it fit into one of my kitchen cabinets with ease. However, if you prepare rice frequently, like I do, you can probably leave it on the counter.
- It features a relaxing tint and clean lines. Its size is perfect for a small family with a few extra visitors. This rice cooker can suit your demands whether you’re a busy mom (like me!) planning a well-rounded meal for a midweek supper or a host cooking for a weekend party with a few friends.
- Function: If you prepare your sides or bases first for your meals before the main entrée, the automatic keep warm and prolonged keep warm capabilities, as well as the delayed cooking option, are quite useful.
- Capacity: The appliance consistently produced flawlessly cooked rice from half a cup of medium-grain white rice to around 5.5 cups of long-grain white rice.
Category: Best expensive rice cooker for sticky rice.
Toshiba has been a pioneer in the rice cooker market for nearly 140 years, having introduced the first automated electric rice cooker in 1955. 3D cooking technology and an innovative 6-step cooking method set the standard in the industry. The steam valve and inner nonstick pot keep the steam and heat in place for consistently excellent fluffy rice.
- Features: This is Toshiba Rice Cooker 6 Cups Uncooked comes with all the amazing features such as:
- The Toshiba rice cooker includes a Quick Rice mode, which reduces the cooking time to 30 minutes thanks to a specifically developed sensor.
- This is a fantastic and time-saving choice. When the rice cooker is finished cooking, the keep-warm option activates automatically, keeping the contents at the perfect cooking temperature for up to one day.
- Set the timing for rice to be ready when you need it using the rice cooker’s two delay time choices. Simply combine rice and water in the morning and return home to tasty rice that is ready to eat! As you cook, steam rises through the exhaust without overflowing or causing a mess.
- Function: The Toshiba TRCS01 Cooker includes 7 pre-programmed settings for optimum texture, flavor, and fragrance when cooking white rice, brown rice, mixed rice, short or long-grained rice, oatmeal, or porridge.
- Capacity: For a household of four, 12 cups cooked rice is plenty.
Category: Best rice cooker for sticky rice with steamer basket.
The Tiger Corporation’s JB A10U W rice cooker is a small, low-cost microcomputer rice cooker with the most up-to-date rice cooker technology. In fact, you may use the synchro cooking option to simultaneously prepare your favorite meals and rice.
- Features: This is Tiger Corporation’s JB A10U W rice cooker comes with all the amazing features such as:
- This is a versatile design that will help you simplify the cooking process when making supper for your family. You won’t have to wait for your rice to complete cooking before using its other features. This characteristic alone will clearly be a big selling factor for any potential buyer.
- Despite rival models, the included cooking plate was created with the goal of preserving taste. This is an incredible addition. If you’re making a garlic-heavy meal, you won’t have to worry about the taste of your rice being influenced by the flavor of the dish. The plate is also free of BPA.
- Function: This device is promoted as a rice cooker with a single-push operation. A range of functionality may be controlled with only one button press. The rice cooker’s easy controls make it more user-friendly, which is a benefit for any novice chef. Using the synchronized cooking option, you may now create two dishes at the same time.
- Capacity: This device, like all other rice cookers, comes with its own measuring cup. If you’ve ever used a rice cooker before, you know how vital it is to use the supplied cup to measure the rice. Some measuring cups are a fraction of a cup bigger or smaller than a normal measuring cup.
Also Read : 10 Best Commercial Oven For Home Use
Rice Cookers Come in a Variety of Shapes and Sizes
Sticky rice may now be cooked in a variety of rice cookers. It is vital to understand the differences between each kind based on its features, heating technology, operation, style, and size before purchasing one.
Models That Are Simple – These traditional rice cookers have a simple appearance and few features. These are often inexpensive and designed just for the purpose of cooking rice. Non-stick pots rarely have the easy automated option, and they don’t have prominent indications to warn you when to cease cooking.
Keep-Warm: If you want your rice to be served hot, this is the cooker for you. This is another cost-effective solution that also keeps your rice heated for longer. These frequently include nonstick cookware, ensuring that your rice does not burn. The steaming function keeps the meal warm and fresh for a longer period of time.
You could still be on the fence about whether or not buying a sushi rice cooker is a worthwhile purchase. I’d like you to recall the first time you upgraded from stovetop rice cooking to having your first rice cooker. It may have looked like an unnecessary expense at the time, but I am convinced you would have seen the difference straight away and reconsidered your decision. Increase that tenfold, and you’ll see why having a rice cooker for sticky rice is a terrific addition to your cooking arsenal.
Are rice cookers a wise purchase?
This machine is a must-have for anybody who frequently cooks rice. While you may cook rice on the stove, rice cookers can perform the job faster and more efficiently. A rice cooker is an excellent purchase for rice lovers.
What factors should I consider while purchasing a rice cooker?
If you just cook 1-2 cups of rice each day, a 3-cup rice cooker would enough. Choose a rice cooker with a larger capacity if you want to cook in larger quantities for several days. A 10-cup size cooker works great for bigger households.