You’ve come to the right spot if you’re looking for the best over-the-range microwave convection oven combo and haven’t yet discovered a detailed guide.
Do you have a tiny kitchen? One shouldn’t let a lack of space restrict your aspirations. Even though you have less countertop space doesn’t mean you have to put your kitchen appliances on the back burner.
In fact, it is the ideal moment to add some contemporary touches, such as an over-the-range (OTR) microwave convection oven. Unlike countertop ovens, over-the-range versions are mounted above the stove, freeing up vital counter space for food preparation or storage. These ovens include an integrated exhaust fan that acts as an air vent, removing soot and cooking smells.
Only the top over-the-range microwave ovens with convection cooking are mentioned here. Choose the option that perfectly meets your requirements. If you have little counter space and want a sleek household appliance that is best suited for your culinary requirements, an over-the-range microwave convection oven combination is a wonderful option.
OUR TOP PICKS
We totally value the time of each consumer who is looking to purchase a new over the range microwave combo so if you don’t want to go through the whole article and you are in hurry then don’t worry as we have provided these 3 top picks from the entire list which you can purchase blindly.
What exactly is an Over the Range Microwave Convection Oven Combination?
A microwave oven is a device that uses microwave radiation to heat food. Microwaves often cook food from within, resulting in significantly higher cooking performance and affordability. Convection ovens, on the other hand, typically have a fan that circulates hot air evenly throughout your meal, ensuring that all areas of the dish are cooked evenly. Microwave cum convection ovens combine microwave and convection capabilities into a single device with a cabinet. A microwave over the range is meant to be installed over the stove, saving you counter space.
Before purchasing an Oven Combo, look for the following features:-
Size of the kitchen:
When choosing an oven, consider how much room you have in your kitchen. Make sure to get an oven that will fit in your preferred location without taking up additional room. Over-the-range ovens, unlike countertop ovens, may just fit into a particular measurement, and you would not want to splurge on a device that won’t fit in your cabinet.
Your cooking requirements:
If you simply need to microwave, you shouldn’t need a convection plus microwave oven. Having more functionality in your appliance of choice may seem appealing, but only purchase them after carefully weighing the price and benefits. After you’ve figured out what you need, you may choose your oven. Don’t buy anything just because it’s trendy or because it has incredible features.
Amount of usage:
For certain folks, buying an oven may be for household use, while for others, it may be for commercial usage. Others may be using it to promote their baking company. It might also be for their business for many others. Because everyone’s demands are distinct, make sure you choose an oven that corresponds to the amount of cooking you’ll be doing. If you’re cooking in large batches, invest in a professional oven with more power. Choose one that meets this criterion if you’re simply using it for personal reasons.
Because various ovens have varying power requirements, be sure you choose one that will work with the power source at your location.
Another thing to think about is if the oven you want has functionality that will meet your requirements. If you really want a microwave oven, look for functions such as warming and defrosting, then evaluate it to other microwave ovens with comparable characteristics to limit down your options. The same is applicable to any type of ovens. Keep in mind what you’re searching for in terms of features.
Further things to think about are the accessories that include with your oven and the accessories that you may need to purchase separately, such as oven gloves, cooling racks, and so on. Another consideration is the price of the oven. No matter whatever oven you choose, be sure you get the most bang for your buck.
Also Read : 9 Best Recirculating Over the Range Microwave
9 Best Over The Range Microwave Convection Oven Combo (Comparison Table)
Galanz GTWHG12BKSA10 4-in-1 ToastWave with TotalFry 360
Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2-Cubic-Foot Convection Microwave Oven with Grill
Toshiba ML-EC42P(SS) Multifunctional Microwave Oven
Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN686S Stainless Steel
Cuisinart AMW-60 3-in-1 Oven Airfryer Microwave
FRIGIDAIRE FGMV17WNVF Over The Range Microwave Oven
Sharp R77 220V Stainless Steel Microwave Oven with Grill
Frigidaire 1.4 Cu. Ft. Compact Over-the-Range Microwave
Galanz GSWWA16S1SA10 3-in-1 SpeedWave with TotalFry
9 Best Over The Range Microwave Convection Oven Combo (Buying Guide)
Category: best 4-in-1 over the range microwave oven combo.
At first sight, this appears to be one of the most cost-effective alternatives on our list. Who doesn’t want a gadget that can perform all four of these tasks? With this microwave toaster oven combo from Galanz, you get four functions for the value of one. Microwave, convection oven, toaster oven, and air fryer capabilities are all included in one gadget.
- Features: This Galanz GTWHG12BKSA10 4-in-1 ToastWave with TotalFry 360, Convection, Microwave, Toaster Oven, Air Fryer has following features:
- Although I like the four-in-one capabilities, I found this gadget to be slower and less powerful than if the four operations were performed individually.
- However, given its modest price, it’s a fantastic option to add an air fryer to your house without taking up extra space.
- We all just want our meals to be thoroughly cooked, and this convection oven spins 360 degrees to assure that it is.
- Because of how deep the gadget is, it may not be the ideal solution for you if you have limited room in your kitchen.
- Design: Let’s start with the appearance. With an express cooking knob, you’ll obtain inverted and non-inverted innovation. The company is well-known for providing modern living with comfort and a clean appearance. Various toast-wave design elements with quicker controls are available. As a result, I liked the sleek touch panel that gives you the vibe you want. Furthermore, the design is placed at a 20-degree angle to bring comfort with an intuitive interface.
- Control System: The oven only requires 1000 watts of power, which ensures security. To offer consumers with the perfect dinner, there is a sensor hook as well as a sensor warming. The stainless steel device has the finest handles and a 1.2-cu.ft capacity. This oven, unlike antique ovens, uses inverted tech.
Category: best over the range microwave oven combo with stainless-steel interior.
Looking for an oven that combines elegance, intelligence, and excellent features?
Meet the Cuisinart CMW-200 Convection Microwave, which features a brushed stainless-steel exterior, a tinted glass window, and an engraved “Cuisinart” logo on the top.
- Features: The design is very sturdy and elegant. It has following amazing feature:
- The device, which has a capacity of 1.2 cubic feet, uses 100 watts of power to run properly.
- What is the most difficult aspect of cleaning an oven? How can you get rid of an unpleasant smell? Or removing the tough stains? Cuisinart has you covered with its stainless-steel inside, which absorbs little smell and is very easy to clean.
- The CMW-200 model comes with a 12-inch glass tray and convertible grill rack, as well as multi-stage grilling choices that can be switched with only one button.
- Design: This 1000-watt Convection Microwave has a brushed stainless steel exterior with an engraved Cuisinart logo and a dark shaded pane of glass, and also a 1.2-cubic-foot stainless steel inside that reflects odors and is simple to clean.
- Control system: While you can cook whatever you choose, this over-the-range convection microwave offers several pre-programmed choices to make you feel like a gourmet chef. Popcorn, Frozen veggies, Fresh vegetables, Beverages, Reheat, Pizza, and more preset selections are available. Cuisinart provides a touchscreen control panel with an LCD to help you save time in the kitchen.
Category: Best stainless steel over the range microwave oven combo.
Toshiba is a name that should be familiar to everyone who is keen in home and electrical equipment. It’s because the brand has provided items that meet consumer requirements while maintaining safety and quality. Furthermore, the LCD, with its large width, is designed to survive a long time.
- Features: This Toshiba ML-EC42P(SS) has following features:
- When it comes to using an oven, safety comes foremost. As a result, Toshiba has heeded your concerns and included stainless steel among the hardware materials. It makes cleaning the equipment simple, requiring only one wipe, and it also saves energy.
- Then there’s the smart sensor, which is another fantastic feature! This smart sensor’s 13 auto settings feature constantly monitors the humidity level of the cooking items and adjusts the temperature accordingly. As a result, you may relax and concentrate on other things.
- Design: The Toshiba EC042A5C SS is the right one for you. The Toshiba convection oven has a stylish appearance. Its black slick stainless-steel finishing, on top of that, accentuates its appearance and makes it look elegant. Furthermore, the stainless-steel appearance makes it simple to clean. Not just that, but it also prevents the oven from rusting and scratching.
- Control system: It also has a helpful feature called warm hold. This function assists in maintaining the temperature and keeping the prepared meals warm for up to 99 minutes. As a result, you will be able to obtain the true taste and flavor of the meals. Most significantly, it has a kid safety lock, so you may relax at whatever time and in any location.
Category: Best sleekest over the range microwave oven combo.
The Panasonic Microwave Oven has a massive power output of 1200 watts, which significantly lowers cooking times and ensures uniform cooking results. Panasonic is well-known across the world and is a trustworthy firm, so you can rely on their product to last a long time.
- Features: It has some amazing features such as:
- It has a size of 1.2 cubic feet, which is lower than the competition yet sufficient to prepare a variety of foods.
- You will be able to prepare bigger meals or reheat a huge number of food at once, as well as allow larger portions of food.
- The Patented Inverter technology is the unit’s major selling point. This technique has been shown to cut power usage significantly while maintaining the oven’s performance. It will save you a lot of money at the end of the month.
- Design: Due to the large dimensions and integrated accessories, the initial appearance of this finest combo oven will undoubtedly capture your interest. It includes an air fryer basket, a wire rack, and an enamel tray, so you won’t have to look for oven-safe things individually.
- Control system: You may use the Smart Cooking settings to quickly adjust the timer to the optimal stage, or you can set the timer to the number of minutes you wish your meal to cook for. There are 14 options in these settings that adjust the heat level and cooking times to meet the needs of your cuisine.
Category: Best 3-in-1 over the range microwave oven combo.
The Cuisinart 3-in-1 Microwave AirFryer Oven adds diversity and excitement to your kitchen by merging three devices into one, allowing you to microwave, air-fry, and bake.
- Features: First of all, this is Cuisinart 3-in-1 Microwave AirFryer Oven. It has following features:
- The air fryer uses much less oil to deliver optimal nutrition and excellent flavor to your favorite dishes, thanks to a custom-engineered heater and fan built for precise cooking.
- This microwave/convection/air-fryer oven has the tiny footprint you will need for your counter. For the few items I tested, this oven does everything and does everything well. This oven is a wonderful addition to every size kitchen, from reheating a cup of coffee or a bowl of chili to cooking pastries or leftover pizza and making completely cooked meals.
- The 700-watt microwave feature isn’t a problem. Despite the fact that it was an older model, I haven’t seen any differences from 1000 watts. My stand-alone air fryer and most of the presets I’ve tested pale in comparison to the air fryer with the tray style basket. It’s easy to defrost.
- Design: It includes a white LED display and elegant touchpad controls. The inside is made of stainless steel, which does not collect smells and is simple to clean.
- Control system: There’s no need to guess when it comes to your fried favorite – French fries, chicken wings, and frozen treats – thanks to simple defaults. The microwave has 11 power settings, Auto Cook, and can defrost food by weight or time. The 0.6-cubic-foot interior has enough space to air fry 2 pounds of wings or bake a 4-pound bird.
Category: Best over the range microwave oven combo with quiet ventilation.
A microwave is an important requirement in today’s society to offer convenience and pleasure to your routine existence, whether it’s for reheating ordinary meals or making special occasion cookies. Including its automated power adjustment and adjustable cooking duration, the Frigidaire gallery microwave 1.7 FGMV17WNVF is one of the top microwaves with sensor cooking that makes preparing a range of food dishes simpler.
- Features: The design is very sturdy and elegant. It has following amazing feature:
- It’s easy to keep an eye on our meal preparation with stovetop LED lighting. It provides a lot of flexibility and 30 different settings for preparing different kinds of meals, such chicken nuggets and other munchies.
- The touch operation of this Frigidaire gallery series oven is a convenient and contemporary way to adjust settings
- Design: Now you can quickly clear spills and clean it off with an inner surface that is always clean. This oven is smudge-proof thanks to its stainless-steel construction, and cleaning fingerprints or other messes is a piece of cake.
- Control system: A sound ventilation system is usually included in a decent microwave to remove strong food odors, soot, and water vapors. The exhaust ventilation system on the Frigidaire gallery series microwave FGMV17WNVF circulates the air back into your kitchen. The use of a ducting system is not required. The FGMV17WNVF Frigidaire over-the-range microwave has sensor heating, which automatically adjusts the levels of power and cooking durations for a variety of foods without the need for user intervention. The cooktop LED settings on this oven with sensor cooking settings light cooked food, making meal prepping is easy to see.
Category: Best over the range microwave oven combo with mirror-finished look.
Sharp R77 220V Stainless Steel Microwave Oven with Grill has a contemporary style and many outstanding features. It has modes for grilling, baking, and roasting, and it takes care of your cooking tasks with precision.
- Features: First of all, it is Sharp R77 220V Stainless Steel Microwave Oven with Grill. It has following features:
- Because of the useful features such as 11 power settings and 6 auto cook options, the Sharp R77 220V microwave oven is very easy to operate.
- This sort of combo microwave unit should be preserved in every kitchen since it is made by Sharp, a well-known manufacturer of high-quality home and kitchen equipment.
- Sharp’s R77 220V Stainless Steel Microwave Oven has a large capacity and a grill. It has a 34-liter (1-cubic-foot) size. This Sharp microwave oven may be a useful kitchen device for quickly preparing a variety of dishes. Since the cooking power (oven) is 1000 watts, but the grill power output is 1100 watts.
- Design: The Sharp microwave oven has a stainless-steel body that is both attractive and functional. Furthermore, as stainless-steel metal is bright, dust does not adhere to it, making it easier to clean. The object is 12 x 20 x 21 inches and weighs 36 pounds.
- Control system: The Sharp R77 oven with grill has all of the popular features, such as a timer, 5 power settings, and 9 auto programs, to make cooking as simple as possible.
Category: Best luxurious over the range microwave oven combo.
This Frigidaire finest over the range microwave has a stylish, full-width door with edge-to-edge glass, making it ideal for contemporary kitchen equipment.
- Features: This Frigidaire 1.4 Cu. Ft. Compact Over-the-Range Microwave has amazing features such as:
- Prepare with comfort owing to automated sensors that regulate power levels for optimum results, as well as an extra-wide glass turntable that allows for accurate cooking even when using large bowls and tableware.
- This finest hood microwave comes with cooktop LED illumination and two-speed 300-CFM ventilation, making it a useful feature to any kitchen.
- Design: The elegant and effective 1.4 cu. ft. over-the-range microwave is designed to accommodate smaller areas and has internal LED illumination, automatic sensor cooking, and an extra-large glass turntable. The full-width door is wide open in a right-to-left swing and features edge-to-edge glass.
- Control system: This design also incorporates bottom touch controls for convenient access by users of all heights, as well as straightforward and simple One-Touch choices such add 30 seconds of Auto-Reheat. The exterior controls offer Child Lock, Kitchen Timer, and Turn Table On/Off choices, and the LED clock is easy to see.
Category: Best large capacity over the range microwave oven combo.
A full chicken cannot be air fried in every cheap oven. Appliances do not even normally come with an air fryer, let alone a place to put the chicken. The Galanz GSWWA16S1SA10 is a convection oven with three functions.
- Features: This Galanz GSWWA16S1SA10 has amazing features such as:
- Its air fries with built-in heating components, using little to no oil. This oven’s 1.6 cubic-foot capacity guarantees plenty of room for large fries. You can cook nearly any meal in the same way that you can in a deep fryer, but with less fat and cholesterol.
- Smart reheating technology is built into the oven. A humidity sensor is used to determine if the meal is undercooked, overdone, or ready to eat. When the meal is done, it turns off the heat.
- Design: Even with all of the added functions in this gadget, the power usage remains at a reasonable 1000 watts. The oven has a steel surface and is 21.75 inches by 22.94 inches by 12.69 inches, weighing just 39.5 pounds. This gadget is simple to install, even for senior family members, thanks to a clean touch control panel.
- Control system: The consistent hot airflow of this type makes baking a breeze. The meals are always well-baked with no hot spots when combined with a 360-Degree rotation. The cooking process is sped up by using both microwave and convection heating methods at the same time. In only a few minutes, you can create a complete dinner.
Also Read : 13 Best Under Cabinet Range Hood
How To Install A Microwave [Over-The-Range-Style]
The Advantages of Using an Over-the-Range Microwave Convection Oven
- You’ll like the versatility of the combination, which allows you to cook, reheat, and defrost in addition to baking, grilling, broiling, roasting, and steaming.
- Because the combination employs both microwave energy and convection cooking, it allows you to preheat ahead of time and cook faster.
- The gadget cooks using hot air from inside, resulting in lower power usage and lower utility expenses.
- Because it mounts over your stove, the over the range microwave convection oven combination saves extra space.
- It can maintain humidity and cook evenly using radiofrequency energy and hot air technologies, resulting in excellent dishes.
People want more high-tech goods inside their houses as technology advances year after year. That is why over-the-range microwave convection oven combinations were introduced to the market, since they combine the functions of both a normal and a convection oven. Such ovens are incredibly small and will fit over your stovetop or on the countertop in any little area.
They are also quite powerful devices, with most of them producing 1000 watts of cooking energy and a size of up to 2.2 cubic feet. Due to its microwave technology, which maintains a quicker and equal heat all across the oven, you will get more uniform cooking results in less time. Their built-in sensors and presets are designed to make cooking as straightforward as possible for you.
Is it still necessary to use a range hood with OTR ovens?
Because an OTR oven replaces a range hood, the hood does not need to be installed separately. The OTR ovens have their own ventilation system for removing smoke, odors, and pollutants. If you’re not happy with the oven’s specifications, you might want to investigate a full-vented/ductless system.
In an OTR Microwave Convection Oven, can I use steel cookware??
Steel cookware should not be used inside an oven. When the oven is set to microwave, the energy does not have a chance to pass through the steel. As a consequence, the meal may not be adequately heated.