Oh, hello there. I have made a list of Best Non Toxic Pan for eggs. This list has been made by extensive research. So, you finally decided to buy some non-toxic cookware. Do not worry you are at right place. I have seen a lot of people that say we have gone all green.
And they claim to eat organic food and eat meat of animals that are fed green grass. But these same people use toxic cookware for cooking this organic food. Most of us don’t even know that using non-stick or Teflon pans are health hazard. These pans contain perfluorooctanoic (PFOA) or Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and according to research these chemicals can cause birth defects, abnormal hormone production and weakens your immune system.
So, if you are going to spend money on organic vegetables and meat then spend some more on good non-toxic pan for your eggs. Most people have egg in the breakfast. So, you don’t want you first meal to be toxic, do you? I have listed all the non-toxic organic pans below. Give it a read.
OUR TOP 3 PICK
We totally value the time of each consumer who is looking to purchase a new non toxic pan so if you don’t want to go through the whole article and you are in hurry then don’t worry as we have provided these 3 top picks from the entire list which you can purchase blindly.
Choosing the right pan
Whenever you are buying pots and pans make sure you choose the things that are made up from non-toxic material such as stainless steel, cast iron, glass, lava rock and porcelain enamel. Consider following points before buying the pans.
- The cast iron or stainless steel can leach heavy metal into your food when the saucy food is cooked at it. Make sure you buy the correct pan for what you going to cook on it. Such as if you are looking for pan to fry egg then it is not a big deal.
- Choose anything beside coated aluminum pan. Aluminum is a severe health hazard and despite of everything, the protective layer on top of the aluminum wears off with slightest increase in temperature. This type of pan is not even sustainable for cooking or frying egg.
- Search a little and find a good cookware company. There are many available on amazon.
9 Best Non Toxic Pan For Egg (Buyer’s Guide)
1. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Assist Handle
Category: Best non-toxic pre seasoned cast iron pan for eggs.
Are you looking for pan that is affordable, multipurpose and does not intoxicate your food? Well I think your wishes have been heard because I found what you are looking for. This my friend is Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Assist Handle. It is made and distributed in America. This company is known for it durability and reliability over the years.
- Features: So, first thing you will notice about the pan is its appearance. The pan has a diameter of 10.25 inches which is perfect for sauté, frying, baking and cooking. This pre seasoned and nonstick pan. Anything it will impart is the iron which we need. As it is made up from cast iron, it provides even heating to the food. The only con in this will be, you cannot wash it with heavy soap.
- Material: This is made up of cast iron which is pre seasoned and ready for your use.
- Size: This pan has a total height of 16 inches. This makes it not at all small and compatible.
2. Cuisinart Enamelled Cast Iron 10-Inch Round Fry Pan
Category: best non-toxic pan with porcelain exterior.
Hey so you didn’t like my first option. Well don’t worry. Are you looking for something that is easier to wash and does not smell like the food that is cooked in it? Then my option for you is Cuisinart CI22-24CR Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron 10-Inch Round Fry Pan. The pan has the diameter of 10 inches which make is big enough to cooks eggs of all kind.
- Features: This frying pan has a very beautiful exterior. Since it is porcelain so the it durable and strong. Be careful while working with this because surface is not resistant to scratches. The enameled interior is ideal for cooking eggs of your choice because it will not absorb the color, odor or flavor of food you are cooking. This is a multipurpose pan. Hence it is stovetop, oven and boiler safe. Moreover, you can clean it in dishwasher.
- Material: The inner is made up from enameled cast iron. The exterior is porcelain enameled iron which makes the red color richer and more durable.
- Size: The overall dimension of this pan is 16.81 x 10.74 x 4.01 inches which makes it quite big in size.
3. Le Creuset Enamelled Cast-Iron
Category: Best non toxic pan that has enameled bottom coating.
Are you looking for a pan that provides you life time warranty? Well guess what I found it for you, it is Le Creuset Enamelled Cast-Iron 11-3/4-Inch Skillet with Iron Handle. This is big enough to bake, cook or fry omelette for your whole family because the pan diameter is 11.07 inches.
- Features: This has a very sturdy appearance. There are two handles on opposite side that ensures the safe transportation of the pan. The pan is dishwasher safe this means you can use soap. The enameled in the bottom will neither chip nor react to food. This will not absorb food odor. If you ever desired for something more then you can heat this pan at oven or stove at any temperature.
- Material: The outer and interior in made up of enameled cast iron. The bottom is made up of the company’s signature enameled that also comes in different colors.
- Size: The size of this pan is quite big and the exact dimensions will be 16.9 x 12.9 x 2.6 inches. This is not compatible requires space. Plus, it weighs a lot such as 6.5 pounds.
4. STAUB Cast Iron Enamelled Frying Pan
Category: best non toxic pan for eggs
You really like the Le Creuset frying pan but could not afford it. Well don’t worry, I got you covered. It is STAUB Cast Iron Enameled Frying Pan which have all the exact same qualities as Le Creuset even the enameled cast iron is same between the two. The only different between them except the price is that the frying pan is smaller.
- Features: The design is very classy and elegant. It also has pouring sprout that helps in the easy pouring of food into your plate. The diameter of the pan is 10 inches. It has a classy matt black finish to it. As it is made up from enameled cast iron, this makes it dishwasher safe. Also, you can use it on any type of stove that includes ceramic, halogen, electric, glass and induction. This pan can be heated in oven at 482 degrees Celsius.
- Material: The Staub fry pan is made up of exact enameled cast iron as Le Creuset Frying pan.
- Size: The correct size of this Staub frying pan is almost 19 inches which is excluding the width and height of it.
5. 8″ Stone Earth Frying Pan
Category: Best frying pan which is stoned derived.
I found the most affordable brand of pans to shop from. It is Stone Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri, this is German based company that using STONEHENGE technology. This coats stone on the surface that makes it nonstick. The brands claim to be eco friendly and has been proven to be a nontoxic pan.
- Features: This has a pan size of 8 inches which is perfect for eggs. The stone coating makes this pan as scratch resistant. You can easily wash it without being tensed about the scratching it. You can hold the handle while cooking without the fear of burning you hands because it is heat resistant. The aluminum coating is not only affordable but also provides even heating to your food.
- Material: The pan has a stone coating that makes it nonstick without using all the hazardous chemicals. Under the stone coating, there is heavy gauge aluminum that makes the pan heat evenly. The base of this pan is magnetized with the help of material like nickel and aluminum.
- Size: The size of this pan is perfect as it has a pan diameter of 8 inches. The overall length is 14.5 inches. Incase you are wondering this pan is 1.6 pounds which is heavy as compared to the size.
6. GreenPan Prime Midnight Healthy Ceramic
Category: Best nontoxic pan for eggs that is ceramic.
hey there. Still confused about the pan. I hope you will like this one. This my friend is GreenPan Prime Midnight Healthy Ceramic Nonstick, Grill pan 11 inches. The ceramic is nontoxic and this pan promotes the green movements going around. It will not release dangerous and toxic fumes even you accidently heat it at high temperature. Buy this one and it will last you lifetime.
- Features: The appearance is the first thing one notice. It is big, heavy and matt black in color. The ceramic coating makes this pan nontoxic, scratch resistant and nonstick. This pan is ideal to cook three eggs at a time because of it 11 inches pan. The handle provides easy hold but as it is made up from stainless steel, it is not heat resistant. This pan has diamond reinforced coating that makes it extremely durable and dishwasher safe.
- Material: The interior is coated with ceramic that is derived from sand. Beneath the ceramic coating is aluminum metal. The handle is made up from stainless steel.
- Size: The overall size of this pan is 20 inches and weighs 4.82 pounds which makes it heavy and big in size.
Also Read: Best Stir Fry Pan For Electric Stove
7. AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet Pan
Category: best nontoxic cast iron pan that is affordable.
Looking for a nontoxic pan that has warranty. Well guess what I have found it for you. This my friend is AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet Pan. The pan size of 10.25 inches which is quite big and can suffice your big family breakfast needs.
- Features: This has a minimal design and the pan size is 10.25 inches which is quite big. It is a nonstick pan with pre-seasoned base. This also has a pouring sprout for making the pouring of food easier for you. The handle is not heat resistant, so, use oven mitt or cloth for transportation while cooking.
- Material: The pan is made up of cast iron which is pre-seasoned. The handle is also made up of cast iron.
- Size: This is a quite big pan and the overall size is 17 inches and it weighs 4.65 pounds which makes it heavy.
8. GreenPan Rio Healthy Ceramic Non-stick
Category: Best nontoxic pan for frying egg for single person.
You are living alone and looking for a pan that is small and compact. This will be right for you, it is GreenPan Rio Healthy Ceramic Non-stick, Fry pan. It is nontoxic and nonstick fry pan with a diameter of 7 inches. This multipurpose pan will be perfect for your small kitchen.
- Features: This has a very classy appearance. The base is made up of aluminum to provide even heating to the pan and the interior is coated with ceramic which is very durable. This also makes it dishwasher safe. The Bakelite handle has cooling property. So, you can hold it while cooking without the fear of burning your hand. This is a nonstick and nontoxic pan.
- Material: The base of this pan made up with aluminum which has diamond reinforced coating of ceramic. The handle is made up of Bakelite for easy handling.
- Size: GreenPan Rio Healthy Ceramic Non-stick Fry pan is small with pan size of 7 inches while the overall length is 13 inches and weight are 1 pound.
9. Lodge 12 Inch Seasoned Carbon Steel Skillet
Category: best carbon steel pan which is family size.
Are you looking for pan that can suffice the morning breakfast of your whole family? Well then, this option is ideal for you, it is Lodge 12 Inch Seasoned Carbon Steel Skillet. The pan size is 12 inches and it can cook breakfast eggs for you whole family.
- Features: It has a very simple design. The handle is triple riveted into the pan for secure handling. This is a multipurpose pan that can be used for sautéing, frying, cooking, grilling and baking. This can be used on every type of stove. The carbon steel provides even heating to the food. You cannot wash this in dishwasher. And be careful because the handle is not heat resistant.
- Material: It is made up from carbon steel which is pre seasoned for use. The handle is riveted into the pan and it is made up of steel.
- Size: The size of this pan is perfect if you have a big family. The total length is 20.5 inches and weighs 4.1 pounds.
What materials are toxic for cookware:
You will be paying hundreds of dollars for a good pan but you would not have the slightest clue that the pan you are buying is toxic for cooking food on it. There is a list of materials below that are not good for pan and can intoxicate the food you are cooking.
- Ceramic Coated Pans: The ceramic coated pans are usually made up when metal is coated with synthetic polymer. This coating is usually fragile and last only six months or a year depending upon the use. Once this coating wears off than the metal comes in contact with food. This metal will impart intoxicate your food.
- Non-stick pans: Non-stick pans are made up of same type of polymer such as acidpolytetrafluoroetheylene (PTFE). This type of pan when heated up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit can release harmful fumes that can cause flu. These fumes contain carcinogen chemicals. These are really fatal that it can kill birds when they come in contact with the fumes.
- Aluminum Coated pans: Aluminum pans are cheap and affordable. Some of us will not even think about the risk hazard we are putting are ourselves in while buying such pans. Aluminum coated pans intoxicate our food and it is proven to accumulate in our brain, lungs and bones. This accumulation of aluminum in your brain has found to be the cause of Alzheimer.
- Copper pans: Copper pans are preferred by most of us because it gets evenly heated. But in my recommendation, it is also bad. The protective layer on the copper pan wears off after some time. This brings the metal in contact with the food. The intoxication by copper can reduce the zinc in your body and eventually fatigue.
Materials that are non-toxic for a pan:
I will recommend doing a little research before buying pan. You should know what materials are toxic and non-toxic. So, I have made another list of materials that are best and non-toxic for pans. Go through this list carefully.
- Enameled Cast Iron Pan: The coated cast iron pans are non-stick such as any Teflon coated pan. But these are not hazardous and will not intoxicate your food while cooking. But you can not cook acidic food such as tomatoes, lemon etc. on this type of pan because it will damage the coating.
- Bare Cast Iron Pan: Bare cast iron pan has an ideal non-stick surface. When you cook seasoned food, it can transfer some amount of iron on the food. Small amount if iron is not hazardous if it goes into your food. Moreover, it can help to cover up the iron deficiency in your body. This type of pan requires a little more care than enameled cast iron pan. The heating is more uniform in this type of pan.
- Stainless steel pan: If you are looking for sustainable and affordable option then stainless steel pans are your answer. The stainless steel pan is very stable at high temperature and it is easy to carry as it is lighter that cast iron pans. This pan is nonstick, resistant to scratching and will last you more than any other coated pan.
- Glass cookware: Glass is just as sustainable as cast iron pan or stainless steel. This will not impart toxins or any other chemical to your food while cooking. The glass Tupperware are also recommended to use as storage container rather than plastic that can transfer harmful chemical to your food.
It is end now. If you are still reading this article then it means you liked it. And why shouldn’t you, I have put have heart and soul in this. I have listed all the information you will require while shopping for non toxic frying pan for your eggs. All the pans listed above are loved and used by people like you. If you are even a little bit confused then check out the review below. And I have mentioned all the pros and cons which each product. So, that you make a well-informed decision. It is the health of your which is at stake. So, buy the non-toxic pan as soon as possible. Now I will leave you to do more research. Have a happy shopping.
What is a difference between nonstick and non-toxic pan?
The nonstick pan can be made up of material such as ceramic or Teflon which can intoxicate your food and cause disease. On the other hand, the non-toxic pan is made up of stainless steel or cast iron which are nonstick already.
What is the safest material for cookware?
The safest material for your health in cookware is cast iron. It is not only durable but it also not contains any hazardous chemical that will leach into your food and cause problems.
What brand of pans do chef use?
The chefs stand by All Clad stainless-steel pans. This cookware is made and distributed in USA since 1971. These pans have layered design made up from superior quality of stainless steel.