Are you looking for a best home espresso machine under 500 to give you a kickstart in the morning for your work or just enjoying your favourite espresso? Then Don’t worry as I am a big coffee lover due to which I have tested mostly all of the coffee machines in the market and came up with these 13 Best Espresso Machine which is great for your home or office that too under 500$.
Coffee has become an important part of so many of us. It is more than just a drink for us. It is a culture, art, passion and science. Yes, coffee is a cultural drink in many countries. Due to the growing demand for coffee, the espresso is also included in coffee culture. You tell me is there not even a single person in your house that drinks coffee.
If you are also a coffee addict like I am, then you will also be tired of making coffee in the morning. I have done my research and made a list of 13 espressos that are best for use in the home. These espressos are not only best but also having top ratings in amazon. Let’s begin with the article:
OUR TOP 3 PICKS
We totally value the time of each consumer who are looking to purchase a new home espresso machine so if you dont want to go through the whole article and you are in hurry then dont worry as we have provided these 3 top picks from the entire list which you can purchase blindly.
13 Best Home Espresso Machine Under 500 (Detailed Guide with Video Review )
Category: Best espresso for home in stainless steel
I have started with the best. It is Breville BES840XL/A the Infuser Espresso Machine. This company is famous for designing home appliances from espressos to a food processor. These appliances are designed to meet your needs and make your life easier. This espresso machine has automatic as well as programmable features. This machine can serve all the coffee needs of your family.
This espresso machine has both automatic and programmable features. No two persons are the same. So, how can their coffee be the same? This machine provides you to control the volume of coffee in your espresso just by the touch of a button. We know what unevenly extracted coffee tastes like. This machine works on the pre-infusion of your coffee.
This means it applies low pressure while extracting coffee, to give us even tasting espresso. You can also control the temperature because this machine is based on PID temperature control. One can increase or decrease the temperature by 4 Fahrenheit. You can also increase the pressure on your espresso through the gauge.
Sometimes, we need more than one shot of espresso to get our mind working. This espresso machine can add one shot, two shots or you can select the manual amount of coffee in your mug. So, to all the passionate people that like to do coffee art; this machine has high-pressure steam that allows to provide you to do essential latte art.
The exterior is made from stainless steel. The machine is really sturdy and reliable.
This espresso machine has both automatic and programmable features. No two persons are the same. So, how can their coffee be the same?
This machine provides you to control the volume of coffee in your espresso just by the touch of a button. This espresso machine can add one shot, two shots or you can select the manual amount of coffee in your mug.
Category: Best Home Espresso Machine Under 500
If $500 still seems like a lot of money to you and you do not want to splurge it on an espresso machine then this choice is perfect for you. It is Calphalon BVCLECMP1 Temp iQ Espresso Machine with Steam Wand. This is made in Italy and is a fine machine. It is an automatically control machine which is control by a single knob. It is for all the people that want amazing functions but do not want to spend more money on machines like Beriville Espresso.
This machine uses infusion technology for even extraction of coffee to make the espresso flavorful. This can save you time and pour two cups of espresso at a time. The cup warming tray makes your cups ready for espresso.
This machine uses infusion technology for even extraction of coffee to make the espresso flavorful. This can save you time and pour two cups of espresso at a time. The cup warming tray makes your cups ready for espresso.
It has Italian pumps that deliver the pressure of 15 bars. The more pressure means the more flavour and crema in your espresso. The dial-in front of the machine helps you to select between the hot water, steam, one shot and two shot of espresso. This machine comes with a 58mm portafilter which can store more grounds of coffee.
The exterior is made from stainless steel. The espresso machine is compact and will not take much space.
The dial-in front of the machine helps you to select between the hot water, steam, one shot and two shot of espresso.
Category: best espresso machine under $300
It is fun to go through all the options and help you in your hunt for the best espresso. Hold your breath, it is DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker. DeLonghi is an Italian company famous for making espresso machine. Its motto is to provide you with a better beverage every day. If you were looking for an espresso machine which is cheaper than 300 dollars then you have found it.
If you are moody like most of us and you alternate between cappuccino and espresso then DeLonghi’s espresso machine offers two separate thermostats for cappuccino and espresso. The two different thermostats maintain the different temperature of water and pressure on steam. This feature allows you to have both drinks without waiting for your machine to cool down.
There is a transparent water tank which shows you the exact level of water without guessing. Moreover, the water tank is removable and refilled. The water tank and drip tray are dishwasher safe. It is detachable and can be washed easily.
The taste and crema of your espresso will be good because the pressure on the extraction is 15 bars. This espresso machine comes with a holder for one and two espressos shot and easy to serve espresso pod.
The exterior is made up of stainless steel. The machine is sturdy but not compact. It will take a lot of space on your counter.
There is a button on the machine. The two different thermostats maintain the different temperature of water and pressure on steam. This feature allows you to have both drinks without waiting for your machine to cool down.
Category: Best home espresso which is portable
What if we go someplace to trek? Places for a trek such as mountains etc. have no electricity. I made sure that you will not be missing out on your coffee. So, my next pick for you is Flair Signature Espresso Maker (Pressure Kit, White). It is a portable espresso machine.
It does not come with all that cool fancy features because it runs without electricity. The company believes that the brewing of espresso is a form of art and it should not be dependent upon the push of a button.
It does not have many features. Flair with the help of extensive research just came up with a lever. When we apply force on the lever, it brews espresso. The espresso coming out of this is real and not processed.
Moreover, you may need to buy a burr grinder, some fresh coffee beans and make sure there is fresh hot water when brewing coffee. The pressure applied to the ground coffee is 6 bars to 10 bars. It also comes with a pressure kit which includes stainless steel tamp and pressure gauge.
Well, you would have already guessed it; the Flair espresso is a manual machine.
This machine is made from fine stainless steel and aluminium. It is portable, compact and sturdy.
This machine does not offer many features. If you like to have a manual machine, so, it does not have any control panel.
Also Read : Why Does Brown Sugar Gets Hard?
Category: Best mini espresso for home
Some of us want just a good cup of espresso. We do not want a big machine taking up all the space in our kitchen counter. So, I have found a machine that will suffice your needs.
It is Lavazza 041953000648 BLUE Classy Mini Single Serve Espresso Coffee Machine LB 300. Moreover, it weighs 7.7 pounds which are less than what a normal machine weighs. This machine neither needs complex programming nor it is completely manual.
There are not many features in this espresso machine. It has a transparent water reservoir. Moreover, if you forget to fill the water container then there is a button that tells you water is below average. It can store up 0.2Gl of water. It has a space to store up to 5 coffee capsules.
This machine only uses Lavazza Blue capsule. Machine starting time is less than 30 seconds. And it has only two buttons: for one shot of espresso and second shot of espresso.
It is made of plastic. Although it is very compact and sleek it is not very reliable. The water tank is non-removable and it made up of plastic.
And it has only two buttons: for one shot of espresso and second shot of espresso.
Category: Best Home Espresso Machine Under 500
I am back with yet another Breville espresso machine. Breville espresso machine can be expensive but they are very reliable when it comes to working.
My next pick for you is Breville BES810BSSUSC Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine. This espresso machine makes espresso and cappuccino with just a balance amount of bitter, sweet and acidity. These espresso machines are manufactured in Italy.
This machine also uses the pre-infusion technique as the previous Breville machine. It applies less pressure while extracting the coffee grounds. Then it gradually increases the pressure. This technique ensures even taste in your espresso. You can extract one or two-shot of espresso at a time.
And you can also control the volume of espresso manually. This machine also has a steam wand to froth the milk cappuccino. Moreover, this machine comes with a stainless steel milk container. You can store up to 61 ounces of water in the container.
The machine is made with stainless steel. It is sturdy but takes up space. The water container is non-removable.
You can extract one or two-shot of espresso at a time. And you can also control the volume of espresso manually.
Also Read: How To Marinate Shrimp For Grilling
Category: best home espresso with 19 bars of pressure
You keep on disliking the espresso machine and I will keep on bringing more options for you. Nobody likes to have the same drink over and over again. And cafés have a long line and the coffee is also expensive.
So, what you think about a machine that can make you espresso, latte and cappuccino? You can save all the money and time. My next pick for you is Mr Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso Maker and Cappuccino Machine. It is literally a one-touch coffee house.
The main feature of this espresso machine is 19 bars of Italian pressure while extracting the espresso. This provides barista flavour to your espresso. You can make a single or double shot of espresso by pressing a button.
The milk container is detachable and can be cleaned pretty easily. This is used to froth milk for your lattes and cappuccinos. This is also a really good way to store your leftover milk in the fridge. The mug tray is adjustable. You can adjust it according to the size of your mug.
The top half of the machine is made from stainless steel and the other half is plastic. The water and milk container are made of plastic.
There is a button to control the setting. You can make a single or double shot of espresso by pressing a button.
Category: Best espresso which is extremely compact
Hey. Are you looking for a compact and small espresso? Then don’t worry I just found one for you. It is Delonghi EC680R DEDICA 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine. Delonghi is an Italian company that manufactures everything with passion.
This is a traditional espresso machine with a sleek and compact. You can save up the save on your counters while still enjoying your favourite espressos and cappuccino.
The first thing that will intrigue you about this machine will be its size and thickness. It is only 6 inches thick. It provides maximum 15 bars of pressure which ensures excellent taste whenever you brew coffee. And also allows you to make changes in the pressure according to your personal preference.
This machine also has a steamer that froths milk for your lattes and cappuccino. It is an automatic espresso machine which brews the coffee itself and leaves no work for you. This machine also comes in three colors which are red, black and silver. This machine comes with three in one filter holder.
The Dedica Manual Espresso Machine – Red EC 680 has stainless steel. It is compact, sleek and sturdy. This machine has a smooth and silky finish.
There are three buttons that control the heat and shot of espressos.
Category: Best versatile automatic espresso maker
I have found yet another automatic espresso machine for you. I am not asking you to invest in anything new. My next pick for you is Nespresso by De’Longhi ENV135R Coffee and Espresso Machine by De’Longhi.
Yes, this is a full or automatic or capsule espresso range from Delonghi. These fully automatic machines save you time. It is perfect for all the people that are always on the go.
It is a capsule espresso machine. I will only recommend this to extremely busy people because it is a processed coffee which is not good for your health at all. It has a water tank of 54 ounces. And it is separable.
You can make espresso of 1.35 ounce and cappuccino of 8 ounces for a single cup. This machine uses two sizes of capsules. The big size capsule is for cappuccino and the small size capsule is for espresso. It can store up to 13 large capsules.
It is made up from plastic. It is beautifully made and is compact.
This machine is really simple to use. You can make espresso just by a single touch on the top button.
Category: Best espresso with capsule coffee
We all have drunk Nescafe coffee. I became a fetish for coffee after drinking Nescafe classic. So, my next pick for you is from the coffee company itself. It is NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine, Esperta 2, Espresso, Cappuccino and Latte Pod Machine.
It is a sleek, stylish and automatic espresso machine. And does not come with coffee capsules. You have to buy them separately.
It comes with 47 ounces of the water container. This delivers a pressure of 17 bars and allows the maximum extraction of flavour, aroma and strong taste. This machine can make 17 types of coffee because you just have to enter the capsule of a specific flavour.
This machine has a body of plastic. Although it is very sleek, smooth and compact but it is not sturdy. It can be easily be damaged.
It has 7 led on the top of the machine which allows maximum customization of your drink.
Also Read: How To Moisten Dry Cookie Dough
Category: Best home espresso machine with automatic features at cheap price
Looking for the professional-grade coffee maker at a cheap price. Well, I found you one, it is KRUPS XP3208 15-BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Coffee Maker. It brings professional-grade coffee to your cup.
This machine can make a creamy cappuccino and strong espresso. KRUPS is a German-based company making coffee machines since 1846. It is cheap and can make two cups of espresso at a time.
This machine provides 15 bars of pressure to your cup. The pressure enhances the taste of your espresso without making it bitter. This machine has a steam nozzle to make a creamy froth for your cappuccino.
There is a 1.5-liter removable water container that will suffice your coffee needs for 8 cups. This machine comes with a tamper that will help you to tightly pack your coffee.
The exterior is made of plastic. The machine itself is not very reliable. Although it is compact and will not take much counter space.
There is a dialer that works as a control panel.
Category: Best home espresso which is all purpose
Since you are buying espresso machine for your home. So, it should suffice everyone’s coffee craving. I have to search a bit but found the perfect match you. It is Mr. Coffee All-in- One Occasions Specialty Pods Coffee Maker. This coffee machine can make espressos, cappuccinos and lattes. This machine is compact, versatile and reliable. It is three in one coffee machine.
Brewing single cup of coffee takes a lot of time especially if your family is a bug. So, you can brew a pot of coffee that can serve ten mugs at a time and stay warm for a long time. You can also make two cups of espressos, lattes and cappuccino at a time. This machine heats water to optimal temperature depending upon the brew type.
The exterior of this machine is made up from stainless steel. It is compact and sturdy.
This machine works with k-cup pods or ground coffee. You can choose between the two and make it work. It offers you all the control you want to brew your perfect coffee.
Category: Best automatic espresso with cheap price
Looking for a programmable espresso machine but at cheap price. Don’t you worry. I got you covered. It is Capresso 124.01 Ultima Pro Programmable Pump Espresso Machine. This machine has a beautiful and sleek design.
You can warm your cups at the cup warming tray available. There is a steam nozzle that can make frothy cappuccinos.
You can decide with one and two shots of espresso. This also provides 15 bars of pressure to give you an espresso with ultimate crema. It also comes with 34 ounces of the removable water tank.
The exterior is made from stainless steel. The thermoblock which provides pressure is also made from stainless steel.
This is a programmable espresso machine. This machine has a lot of features. You can select the setting through settings.
Choosing a Home Espresso Machine:
If you are a coffee addict and grabs a cup of coffee before leaving for work or school then a home espresso machine is a great option for you. It will save you time and money both.
But there are many aspects that should be considered while buying an espresso machine such as the pressure it applies ( it determine how much flavour it will be able to get out of coffee), detachable brew group or not, the amount of water that can be filled in the compartment, cleaning the drip tray, removing excess coffee grounds etc.
Moreover, you should also consider if you want a detachable or non-detachable brew group. It is a part where your portafilter goes. So, if it is detachable then you can open it and clean it or you can see the problem happening in there.
But if it is non-detachable then it has an auto-clean mode and you will need to give the machine to repair every time there is a problem. The pressure should be equal or greater to the nine bars because it decides the flavour as well as the quality of the coffee.
Different Types Of Espresso Machine:
Depending upon the type of espresso machine you are planning to buy, take following consideration:
- Manual Machine: Manual machine use a lever to apply pressure for extraction. But since you are buying an espresso for daily use than it is really unlikely for you to buy a manual espresso machine. Because it takes a lot of effort and time.
- Prosumer Machine: It is a type of machine used in cafés. It has a professional grade group head and a steam wand. This requires a lot of programming and is complex. You need to control all the factors such as grinder setting, pressure, amount of grounding coffee etc. This requires a lot of practice. Unless you enjoy such practice than go ahead and buy it. But if you are someone that just needs a single cup of coffee and leave the house then this type of machine is not for you.
- Semi-automatic machine: Prosumer machine can be too much for you. So, go ahead and look into semi-automatic machine. It will take some tasks off your hands and is relatively easier to use. You just need to program grinding, pressure, temperature and infusion in it. This is controllable machine.
- Automatic Machine: This machine requires zero effort and no time. It just needs a coffee capsule and water filled in its container and you are good to go. There is no need to cleanup the coffee ground or setting any pressure or temperature. This will literally provide you with the go to coffee mug you require. But if you someone that wants to save the environment then beware the coffee capsules have very bad impact on environment. They are not biodegradable.
How to use?
If this is your first espresso then you should know how to use this machine. And if you are just looking to buy a better one then there will be some difference in working of espresso. So, let’s begin:
- Preheating: To have the best-tasting coffee, preheat your espresso. Some machines take 25 to 30 minutes in warming up. So, make sure you switch on the machine half an hour before brewing espresso to have a strong cup of espresso.
- Coffee Grinder: If the espresso you are using has a built-in grinder then set it to fine grind coffee beans. Do not think too much about the perfect size of ground coffee. Even if you do not have a built-in grinder in your espresso then use any food processor. Take the portafilter and fill it with 20 grams of coffee.
- Tamp to make your coffee even: Tamping means apply a little pressure on the top of your portafilter to make it smooth. The technique is to apply a good amount of pressure and level it. You will be thinking about the use of this tamping and levelling. The reason is that it allows the even and consistent extraction of coffee.
- Pull the shot of espresso: It will take 20 to 30 seconds to pull your first shot of espresso. The first shot will not be rich, tasty or dark. Instead, it will set the base for your next shot.
- Pressure: The pressure decides the taste of the coffee. When one first shot of espresso is pulled, check the pressure applied. You will know how less or more pressure is required to make your perfect coffee. Make sure that your roast is not bitter because it means you have applied a lot of pressure on the pulling.
- Milk steamer: Many espressos have built-in milk steamer to make a good creamy froth. But if there is no built-in milk steamer then use a sperate milk steamer for it.
Factors indicating your espresso is poorly made:
There are factors that can tell you that your espresso machine is poorly manufactured and is not good. There are also some random points that tell you, your machine is having a problem and it requires service. See the following point and their solutions are mentioned as follow:
- Slow dispensing of coffee: There can be many reasons for that such as coffee is too fine and it is blocking water in the dispenser. This can be solved by pressing the coffee and see if water run ok. If it does then the coffee was blocking the water. Other reason might be that your water reservoir is not water. It means that water supply is not working. Your group head might be blocked with calcium scales. It can easily be cleaned. And to prevent further from scaling, use soft water.
- Leakage of coffee: The only reason for this is that your filter is old or broken. You can prevent this by replacing the old filter by a new. It means that the filter is not able to hold the pressure. The group seal is also to be changed per year because it gets worn out over the time.
- Leakage of water: The water leakage happening anywhere. This can be due to many reasons. There are many pipes going from the water reservoir to the cup. So, it is impossible to figure out where the problem is. First and easy way to detect the problem all by yourself is to remove the water container and check if it is broken.
- No steam or hot water: No production of steam or hot water means that there is no pressure. Your machine will only produce steam or hot water if there is sufficient pressure on the boiler. Check if your nozzle is blocked with something or not.
Things to consider before buying the espresso machine:-
Are you overwhelmed by the choice of espresso machines I have given you? And you are not able to decide which is the best espresso for your house. So, if you are still confused about it. Let me help you. Following are the given factors that should be considered while buying an espresso:
- The pressure it has while pumping out the shot of espresso. More pressure means more strong and flavorful coffee. Make sure to checks how many bars of pressure it applies while extraction.
- If you are buying an espresso machine for the first time then make sure the manufacturing company is good. Big companies do mess up their machine and usually have great customer service.
- You need to go all out while buying an espresso machine. Choose something that is not hard on your pocket.
- Your profession also matters while buying an espresso machine. For example, if you are a student living a dorm then you need an espresso that is compact and does not take much of your space. And if you have a big family and all of them loves coffee then you need an espresso machine that is fast.
- The sturdier espresso machine than more reliable it is. Make sure you check the material of the machine. Plastic does not last long. So, it should be made of stainless steel.
- You should also take into consideration the time it takes to prepare an espresso. You do not want to wait for 15 minutes to get a cup of espresso.
I have happy tears in my eyes because this journey ends here. I have put my heart and soul in this article. So, I hope this article suffice all your needs because this will not only help you buy your one and only espresso machine but it will also help you to know what espresso machine you like.
I have covered all the aspects that you may want in an espresso machine. Plus, I have provided you with all the possible knowledge to make an informed decision. I hope after going through this article, you will not splurge your money on an espresso machine which will be useless for you.
No matter how many great features it has but if you are only going to use it for a cup of coffee then the rest is useless for you. If you are still reading this it means that you liked my article. Go ahead and purchase your first espresso. Seen you soon.
Do we need a machine to make an espresso?
No, it is not necessary to use a machine to make espresso. Espresso is made when we apply pressure. For this purpose, we can also use a pot, AeroPress or French press. But this will take longer time to make a brewing cup of espresso than using a machine.
Which is healthier coffee or an espresso?
Espresso is considered to be healthier than coffee because it does not block natural oils of coffee. The natural oil and minerals pass through espresso. But having espresso can raise cholesterol in your blood.
Is it healthy to drink coffee every day?
No, it is not healthy to drink more than 5 cups of espresso. Espresso decreases the heart rate. So, the heart rate is decreased by 22% with only single cup of espresso. But most the people are not that sensitive about the caffeine in their blood.
Which type of espresso machine is best for using at home?
The semi-automatic espresso machine is best for using at home. They have all the features such as grinding, temperature setting etc. It is better than manual machine and less complex then prosumer machine.