Looking for a best food processor for grinding your nuts? Then no look further as we have provided a detailed buying guide here.
Have you always wondered how bakers make their homemade peanut butter? Or different nuts can be grounded to put as garnishing on top of cupcakes? Have you tried of baking dry fruit cup cakes with out any success? If you have ever tried of baking any recipe that involves ground nuts and cannot pull it off then it is time to start baking it again.
If you are trying to ground nuts by hands then there is no guarantee it will be crushed finely. There is only one thing that will finely crush your ground nuts which is food processor for grinding nuts. Are you on a hunt of “Best food processor for grinding nuts”? If yes, then there are many benefits that come with grinding your own nuts. You can enjoy nut butter on your toast instead of regular butter. Also, while chopping your own nuts in the food processor provide you the benefits to chop it on your own without adding any preservatives and chemicals.
OUR TOP 3 PICKS
We totally value the time of each consumer who is looking to purchase a new food processor so if you don’t want to go through the whole article and you are in hurry then don’t worry as we have provided these 3 top picks from the entire list which you can purchase blindly.
Things to consider before buying a food processor for grinding nuts:
Most of the things that a food processor can do, your mom did all those things with her hands but now time have changed and food processor has become a necessity. Today’s busy lifestyle does not provide us this luxury anymore. But lucky for us, there are many technologies available to help us such as food processor.
A food processor is an appliance that is used for the preparation of every kind of food. It usually helps us in dicing, slicing and chopping of food with fast speed. To be sure that you are purchasing right quality of nut chopping processor, look for following qualities:
Nobody wants to spend their hard-earned money and buy a food processor that will break in its first session. The first thing you might want to consider is quality and durability of the food processor. Moreover, brand should offer warranties for their food processor. Standard warranty for all electric home appliance is one year.
But some brands value their products and provide extended warranties. But this extended warranty is only limited to the motor. A good food processor offers extended warranty on the other parts as well. It is a guarantee that your food processor will not stop working one week after its first year. Such food processors will be a little bit more expensive but they will save you more money in the long run.
- Motor: The motor is the heart of every electric appliance. If your food processor does not have good quality motor then it will be next to impossible to chop or grind your dry fruits into a smooth purée. You need a compact yet a very high-power motor for better and smooth results. Basic cutting and chopping do not require much power but job like mixing dough requires high power. To be able to use your food processor for multipurpose job, choose one that has motor with also 700 watts that should be able to accomplish the tougher jobs.
- Overheating: This phenomenon is faced by many of us whenever we try to use an electrical appliance for a longer period of time. It can be prevented by either buying a food processor with greater watts of motor. Otherwise, overheating damage your appliance or may even crack your plastic bowl.
- Size: A food processor comes in two different sizes- small and large. A small size food processor has small bowls and has limited function. You can use it for multiple tasks only if the batches are small. If there are only two people in a household then a mini food processor can be a great help to mince, chop, puree and grate. A full-size food processor performs all the same function as the mini sized food processor but it has a larger bowl and can prepare larger batches of food.
- Bowl capacity: If the bowl has large capacity then it will allow for nuts to be processed at single time. It can process 3-4 cups or 11-14 cups depending upon the bowl capacity of food processor. The bowl with larger capacity is mostly used by professional chef’s or in a bigger household.
- Base or body: A food processor is used for heavy duty work in the kitchen and it should be made from sturdier and durable material. The food processor bowls are made from tough material and has a wide base that allows the dry fruits to move around freely without the need of liquid.
The housing of a food processor is either made from plastic or stainless steel. Plastic is used more commonly because it is inexpensive, light weight and durable. Moreover, food processors made from plastic comes in variety of colors. But if you are looking for more expensive and classic appliance then there are food processors made from brushed stainless steel with matte finish. Such food processors also require more cleaning because fingerprints and drops of liquids show at the surface.
The main advantage of stainless steel is its stylish design and durability. The bowl can be made from stainless steel, plastic or glass. If you are looking for visual control while grinding then transparent plastic will be your best shot at this. Plastic bowls are durable, light weight and inexpensive but they are also sensitive to mechanical influence. So, some expensive food processing models use bowls made from high quality, heat and shock resistant glass. And other have bowls made from brushed stainless steel. They are much more durable, stylish and hygienic. So, whatever you choose depends upon your budget.
9 Best Food Processor for Grinding Nuts (Comparison Table)
|Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor|
|Black & Decker FP2500B PowerPro Wide-Mouth 10-Cup Food Processor|
|Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor|
|KitchenAid KFP1466CU 14-Cup Food Processor For Grinding Nuts|
|Electric Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper|
|Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef 16 Pro Food Processor|
|Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor|
|Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Slicing, Shredding|
|Magimix 18475 4200XL Food Processor|
9 Best Food Processor for Grinding Nuts (Buying Guide)
Category: Best durable and high quality food processor.
Are you looking for a food procession with high induction motor and which is also multipurpose? Then our first addition Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef 16 Pro Food Processor might be it for you. This is an all-purpose food processor. Moreover, it is made from highest qualities materials.
- Features: This Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef 16 Pro Food Processor has following features:
- It has 16 cups dry ingredient bowl and 12 cups bowl for liquid ingredients. It also comes with mini bowl for chopping, dicing or grinding of small ingredients.
- It comes with a storage box that keeps all the accessories and cleaning tools that come with it.
- The induction motor is heavy duty and has a power rating of 1200 watts which means no over-heating while grinding and chopping.
- Material: The base of this food processor is made from die cast metal; the bowl is made from high quality plastic and micro-serrated S-blades.
- Dishwasher: The plastic bowl, food pusher and plastic chute is dishwasher safe.
Also Read : Best Whipped Cream Dispenser For Inhaling
Category: best innovative food processor with affordable price.
Are looking for a durable and high motor power food process but at affordable price? Well then, this Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor might catch your attention. It is multipurpose food processor with programmable functions.
- Features: This Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor has following features:
- It has powerful motor of 1000 watts and can process toughest ingredient without heating up.
- Ninja food processor has 4 auto-iQ preset programs to chop, puree, shred and slice the ingredients with a touch of a button.
- All the removable parts are easy to clean. Just warm some pulse water and add a drop of dishwashing soap to wash the blades and bowl.
- Material: The base is made from silver stainless steel; the bowl and chute are made from BPA plastic and the blades are stainless steel.
- dishwasher: All the parts can be washed in dishwasher.
Category: Best food process for chopping nuts under $50.
Are you looking for an inexpensive as well as good quality food processor? Then I will highly recommend at looking at Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Slicing. It has all the qualities of high-end food processor with not so sky rocketing price.
- Features: This has a very sturdy appearance. It has some amazing features such as:
- This has two speed option. You can switch from low to high speed.
- It is a versatile food processor with reversible discs, blades and chute.
- The motor has a power rating of 450 watts.
- Material: The base of Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Slicing is made from plastic; blades are made from stainless steel, bowl and lid is made from BPA free plastic.
- Dishwasher: All the removable parts can be washed in dishwasher except the blades.
Also Read : Best Blender To Chop Frozen Fruit
Category: best high end food processor for grinding nuts.
What is the best food processor to buy? Are you looking for a high-end food processor? Then I think you will like Magimix 18475 4200XL Food Processor. It is a best food processor for grinding nuts, dates and other dry fruits. Moreover, it is top rated food processor by Deliciously Ella.
- Features: The design is very classy and elegant. It has following amazing feature:
- This has three bowls in order to process large or small quantity of food.
- The high-power induction motor with power unit of 950 watts.
- If you are looking for super creamy nut butter food processor then it is the more for you. The motor has thirty years of warranty while the parts of food processor have a warranty of three years.
- Material: This Magimix 18475 4200XL Food Processor has a bowl is made from BPA free plastic and stainless-steel blades.
- Dishwasher: The bowl and stainless-steel blades are dishwasher safe.
Category: Best mid-range food processor for grinding nuts.
Are you looking for a mid-range food processor for grinding nuts? This Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor is ridiculous in size and will fully equip your kitchen.
- Features: First of all, this is Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor. It has following features:
- It has high power motor of 750 watts. You can run it continuously until your favorite nut butter is produced.
- It comes with a five years warranty on motor while three years warranty on entire unit.
- It has a big feeding tube. So, you can add vegetables through it.
- Material: The bowl is made from BPA free lexan plastic. There are three blades that come with the food processor and each one of them is made from stainless steel.
- Dishwasher: The bowl, feeder and the blades are dishwasher safe.
Category: Best budget friendly food processor for grinding nuts.
The Black & Decker FP2500B PowerPro food processor is a solid budget option. It has medium range motor and wide mouth that makes it easier to enter food into the grinder. It is an excellent option if you are short of money but it will not grind a smooth nut butter.
- Features: This is Black & Decker FP2500B PowerPro food processor that comes with all the amazing features such as:
- The BPA free plastic
- bowl can hold up to 10 cups of liquid or dry ingredients.
- The motor is of fair power of 500 watts. It is quick but does not chop nuts very finely.
- The core on which you put the blade is not removable which makes cleaning very tricky.
- Material: The bowl is made from BPA free plastic. The two blades is made from stainless-steel.
- Dishwasher: The stainless steel blades and plastic bowl is dishwasher safe.
Category: best budget small food processor for grinding nuts.
Are you looking for a compact food processor under $100? Well do not look more because I have found Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor, which is made up from plastoc. This is durable and sturdy. Moreover, this has compactible design and you can fold it to put anywhere.
- Features: This has a minimal design and following feature:
- It has simple push button control panel to chop or grind the food. The plastic body is light weight yet very durable.
- It has 250 watts battery but it is sufficient for its size.
- It provides best value to your money. It will made dips, sauces, etc. in a matter of minutes.
- Material: This Cuisinart Mini Food Processor has a brushed nickel finish and it is made from plastic. The blades are made from stainless steel.
- Dishwasher: the plastic bowl and the blades are dishwasher safe.
Also Read : Best Meat Grinder For Wild Game
Category: Best large capacity food process for grinding nuts.
If you are still looking and in dire need of commercial food processor then have a look at KitchenAid KFP1466CU 14-Cup Food Processor. It is industry’s first commercial food processor that can be used for nuts as well as other food items.
- Features: First of all, this is Shanik Expandable Draining Dish Rack – Over-Sink Dish Drainer is a multipurpose rack. It has following features:
- The control panel has four buttons- off, high, low and pulse. The high and low buttons can change the speed of the food processor.
- The design is multipurpose and medium sized food processor that can grate, mince, grind and shred everything.
- There is two in one chute to provide you with continuous slicing as well as shredding.
- Material: The base is made from polycarbonate and the bowl is made from BPA free plastic.
- Dishwasher: This KitchenAid KFP1466CU 14-Cup Food Processor has many removable parts which are dishwasher safe.
Category: Best glass bowl food processor for grinding nuts.
Hey are you still looking? Well, this might catch your attention. It is Electric Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper. If you are concerned about plastic then this grinder has 2 liters bowl of glass which has the plastic coating at the exterior to provide it some balance.
- Features: This is Electric Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper comes with all the amazing features such as:
- This food processor has 300 watts pure copper motor which will stop automatically if it is overheated.
- There is three layers of stainless steel shell that makes it 80% more durable and long lasting.
- The stainless-steel blades are really durable and provide 360 degree rapid and uniform grinding all the way.
- Material: This Electric Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper is made from 100% BPA free glass and the blades are made from 304 stainless steel.
- Dishwasher safe: The glass bowl is not dishwasher safe. But you can wash the blades in the dishwasher.
What are the right specifications for a food processor?
Food processors come in variety of sizes and types; they are used for very different purposes. Finding a right food processor for grinding nuts can be really tiresome. As you want to get your money’s worth. It is not a difficult task and you need to look for following things in a food processor:
A regular food processor has only three control- on, off and pulse. The on and off buttons start and stop the processor. You can check if food is pulverized by using pulse button. Most machines do not have pulse button. Mostly off/pulse button are combined. The food processors mentioned above have speed options to increase or decrease the speed.
The design of the food processor is very basic. A basic food processor has a wide bowl that is mounted on the motorized base. The motor rotates the blades which chop, blend and grind the nuts. Mostly, food processor parts are not dishwasher safe.
- Blades: Every food processor comes with at least two sets of blades which are S-shaped. The one half of the S is place on the top while the other half of the S is placed on the bottom to sweep all the food on the bowl. This blade can chop, churn or puree the dry fruits.
- Attachments and accessories: The food processor is multifunctional machine that comes with many accessories to perform all this tasks. In order to perform complicated tasks such as cutting, mixing dough, grating hard and juicing requires special set of blades. Disc blade-grating, chopping and shredding require sharp blade. Dough blade-kneading doughs. This blade is metallic but it is flatter that S blade.
Hey you made it down here. Well to conclude, there are many food processors that can be used to grind nuts and other dry fruits. Our best pick is the Berivelle Food Processor for smooth nut butter or toping for your cakes. I know it is expensive that is why I have mentioned many affordable options. In this article, I have covered all the important factors you will look for before buying a food processor. Price is the most important factor. Just decide on the price range and look for the best option that will provide value to your money. In my opinion, do not try to save money on a food processor because you will not be buying it all the time. Buy a good quality food processor that will last you a long time.
Can I grind nuts in the blender?
Yes, you can grind any nuts or seed in the blender. But the butter or powder of nuts will not be as fine as it will be with the food processor.
What is a food processor?
A food processor is an electric appliance that mince, grates and chops any fruits, vegetable, etc. and allows you to make any store jam, butter or any item at home with using fresh ingredients.
Can I process hot ingredients?
Yes, you can process hot solid ingredients in a food processor. But if it is a liquid then it is need to be cooled before processing.
- Galer-Unti, Caitlin. “Best Food Processor for Nut Butter: How to Pick the Ultimate One.” The Vegan Word, 8 Sept. 2020, theveganword.com/best-food-processor-for-nut-butter.
- Owner. “10 Things What To Look For In a Food Processor Before Buying.” FoodTips.Org | Complete Nutrition Facts Guide, 18 Mar. 2018, www.foodtips.org/what-to-look-for-in-a-food-processor.
- Joanna. “Best Food Processor for Chopping Nuts (Here Are 5 of the Best).” Main Health Fitness, 7 Mar. 2021, mainhealthfitness.com/best-food-processor-for-chopping-nuts-here-are-5-of-the-best.