Looking for a best espresso machine for your cafe? Don’t worry as we had done a research and found the best products for you!
The espresso machine will be a star player in every coffee shop, regardless of cost. It’s usually on the counter, where consumers can see it as soon as they come in, and the right espresso machine can ensure that the customers are happy with their orders time after time.
If you run a small coffee shop, choosing the right commercial espresso machine is critical. Consider the following scenario: A busy coffee shop with a constant stream of customers, a soft murmur of conversation, and the scent of freshly made coffee wafting through the air. This is the stuff that small-town coffee shop fantasies are made of. And you’ve wanted to make your dream a reality by opening a coffee shop. Perhaps you’re updating your cafe’s brewing equipment.
That’s why I have put together an article that covers everything you need to know about purchasing the “Best espresso machine for your small coffee shops”. As an added bonus, I have curated a list of my top nine espresso machines.
OUR TOP 3 PICKS
We totally value the time of each consumer who is looking to purchase a new espresso machine so if you don’t want to go through the whole article and you are in hurry then don’t worry as we have provided these 3 top picks from the entire list which you can purchase blindly.
What is commercial espresso machine?
It’s a smart idea to introduce yourself with the various styles of espresso machines before making your decision. Knowing the distinctions between the categories will aid you in making the right decision for you. The following espresso machine styles are the most common:
- Automatic or Volumetric Espresso Machines
- Pour-over and Direct-Connect Machines
- Automatic Espresso Machines with Manual Dosing Options
- Semiautomatic Espresso Machines
Let’s begin with a brief overview of these appliances and how they operate.
Automatic or Volumetric Espresso Machines:
You may be more interested in an automated espresso machine if your shop has a higher volume of traffic or if you’re adamant with maintaining a consistent quality standard independent of the barista. Automatic espresso machines automatically dose the water in espresso shots, stopping the extraction step after the proper amount of water has been used.
They usually come with single or double shot buttons, so all the baristas have to do is push a button and the machine can pull the shot for them. This translates to consistent quality of the beverages, regardless of how new to the world of drink making the customer is. If you’re worried with productivity, it also has the advantage of being easier to train new employees on. The disadvantage of an automatic espresso machine is that customization is reduced due to the automated nature of the machine.
Finally, an automated espresso machine will remove the performance differences that you might find between baristas of varying ranks. If you’ve ever been to a coffee shop where the quality of your drink was determined by the person behind the counter, you understand the value of automation.
Semi-automatic espresso machine:
A semi-automatic espresso machine could be more suitable for shops with a boutique aesthetic or experienced baristas. These machines are particularly common among experts because they offer the user more power, allowing the best baristas to truly excel.
Baristas can select when to start and stop the brew process with each shot with a semiautomatic espresso machine. This can be done with the aid of lever groups and buttons. There are devices that are also less automated, requiring baristas to pull levers to apply the proper water pressure (these are called manual espresso machines).
Automatic Espresso Machines with Manual Dosing Options:
If you’re torn between the convenience of automated espresso machines and the customization offered by semiautomatic machines, you’ll be relieved to find that there are machines that combine the two. This are essentially automated machines with semiautomatic specifications.
Semiautomatic espresso machine, on the other hand, are usually operated by a press, so if you’re looking for levers, you can look at semiautomatic machines. You also get programmable options to ensure uniformity for automatic espresso machines with manual dosing, but you still get the option of not having the pre-programmed options so you can tailor orders randomly as consumers desire.
If you want both automatic and manual features, these machines can be a good compromise. If cost is a concern, bear in mind that they can be more costly because they are still automated devices.
POUR-OVER AND DIRECT-CONNECT MACHINES:
Pour-over or direct-connect can be used with any espresso unit, whether semiautomatic or automatic. When using a pour-over pump, owners would need to manually refill the water tank when it runs out.
Pour-over machines don’t need to be attached to a water line, which means they can be mounted almost anywhere. The disadvantage is that you’ll have to take time out of your day to empty the tank and use your own water softener or cleaner until it runs out.
9 Best Espresso Machine For Small Cafe (Comparison Table)
Nuova Simonelli Oscar II Espresso Machine
La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II BLACK Espresso Machine
La Pavoni Bar-Star Commercial Espresso Machine
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
Breville Maker Barista Touch Espresso Machine
De'Longhi La Specialista Espresso Machine with Sensor Grinder
Rancilio Silvia M V6 and Rocky Bar Combo
BUNN VPR-2EP 12-Cup Pourover Commercial Coffee Brewe
Gaggia RI9380/46 Classic Pro Espresso Machine
9 Best Espresso Machine For Small Cafe (Buying Guide)
Category: Best advanced commercial espresso machine for mid and small size café.
The Oscar II can be trusted to provide good efficiency in small coffee shops, bars, and other low-volume locations. It’s a user-friendly machine with programmable timed dosing, gentle injection, and an ergonomic steam lever that will help you expand your small company with improved productivity and top-notch performance that your clients will recall.
- Features: This Nuova Simonelli Oscar II Espresso Machine has following features:
- This user-friendly espresso produces velvety espresso and fine micro foam. The heat exchanger has efficient steaming ability, whereas the antimicrobial copper boiler is a perfect heat conductor.
- The Oscar II, unlike other semiautomatic espresso machines, has single and double dosage buttons that can be adjusted by time, enabling shops to improve precision and reliability between espresso shots.
- This steam trigger is designed to be gentle on your wrists. The steam cause would not wear out baristas who make drinks all day. The reverse mirror, which is built into the back plate, shows you all sides of the espresso as it pours from the group head. Without bending over, you can check the quality of your espresso shots.
- Boiler: It’s made of copper, which is both antimicrobial and a natural heat conductor, so it’s more sanitary and allows the boiler to heat up more quickly. You will brew and steam at the same time thanks to the heat exchanger.
- Control System: To help you monitor the conditions for consistently excellent espresso shots, program single and double espressos by time. Soft Infusion System: This is the first step in the brewing process, and it ensures even extraction, a sweet crema, and improved taste. Doses, boiler pressure, pre-infusion, and even energy savings settings are all regulated by the LCD display.
Category: Best heavy duty espresso machine for small cafe.
Many small to medium-sized coffee shops prefer the S1 Vivaldi II espresso unit. This model is preferred by restaurant owners because it allows food and beverage experts to make café-quality espresso drinks at the touch of a button.
- Features: This S1 Vivaldi II espresso unit has following features:
- This small-footprint espresso machine is ideal for low-volume cafes. In addition to all the advanced features experienced baristas require, volumetric dosing allows cafes to serve only the highest quality while maintaining absolute continuity from drink to drink—something that any coffee shop looks for.
- The S1 Vivaldi II is also a smart machine, thanks to built-in protection mechanisms. This is a well-designed machine that will save you time and money while producing excellent espresso.
- Boiler: It is equipped with a two-boiler system. These two boilers, one for steaming and the other for brewing, are different. This means you can brew espresso and steam milk simultaneously.
- Control system: It has a differentiable offset that can be programmed. This helps you to make corrections to fix temperature variations between the temperature probe’s reading and the real temperature of the hot water exiting the group. You’ll get more accurate and dependable outcomes this way.
Category: Best commercial espresso machine for small to mid-sized cafe.
La Pavoni, one of the oldest Italian espresso machine manufacturers, founded in 1905, is proud to launch the BAR-STAR range, their newest line of NSF/CSA accredited commercial espresso machines. These are the only models available in the United States that have both US and Canadian certifications.
- Features: This set has a very sturdy and classic look. It has some amazing features such as:
- Per group has its own radiator hydraulic mechanism, allowing for clear water distribution in the boiler.
- Liquids cannot back flush onto the steam wand because of the anti-vacuum valve.
- During off hours, electricity is decreased by 33% using a four-position energy-saving power transfer. A 3-pole manual reset thermostat with auto shut-off protects the electrical heating.
- Control system: Espresso system with electronic programmable dosing, wireless control panel, and microprocessor. With a telescopic lightweight jet and a programmable hot water press.
- Boiler: Each group has a copper boiler with front-mounted transversal heat exchangers and injectors. Allows entry to the front of the unit in the event of maintenance.
Category: best semi-automatic espresso machine for small café.
When you first look at the Breville Barista Express, it’s obvious that this espresso machine is designed for commercial use. Lines that are perfect, flat, and clear inspire. This is a semi-automatic machine that you can enjoy using if you want to monitor and intervene in the brewing process.
- Features: The design is very classy and elegant. It has following amazing feature:
- The Breville Barista Express is part of the Barista Series. This includes all-in-one espresso machines with integrated grinders that can go from beans to espresso in under one minute.
- Low-pressure pre-infusion steadily raises pressure at the onset, ensuring that all of the flavors are extracted equally for a healthy taste cup.
- Boiler: Its electronic temperature sensor (PID) ensures that water is delivered at just the right temperature for optimum espresso extraction.
- Control system: It features Dose-Control Grinding. This is an integrated conical burr grinder that grinds on-demand to produce the correct amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your desired flavor for every bean roast. It also has a quick and intuitive Grind Size Dial that allows you to control the grind size regardless of the kind of bean you’re grinding.
Also Read : Best Home Espresso Machine Under 500
Category: Best touch and fully automatic espresso machine for cafe.
Breville’s Barista Touch espresso machine is perfect for small companies because of its beautiful and elegant architecture and simple controls. The Breville Barista Touch uses the 4 keys formula to make third-wave specialty coffee at home, and it’s part of the Barista Series, which includes all-in-one espresso machines with integrated grinders that can go from beans to espresso in under one minute.
- Features: First of all, this is Breville’s Barista Touch espresso machine. It has following features:
- In just 3 seconds, the ThermoJet heating system reaches the optimal extraction temperature.
- Digital temperature regulation (PID) ensures optimum espresso extraction by delivering water at exactly the correct temperature.
- Boiler: Low-pressure pre-infusion steadily raises pressure at the onset, ensuring that all of the flavors are extracted equally for a healthy taste cup.
- Control system: The incorporated precision conical burr grinder with dosage control provides the correct volume of coffee on demand, for full taste, with only a single touch. In three simple measures, the touch screen monitor shows you how to prepare your favorite café coffee: Grind, Brew, and Cream; Tailor the power of the coffee, the texture of the milk, and the temperature to your preferences. Up to 8 custom coffees can be created and saved.
Category: Best espresso machine for tea and coffee.
The DeLonghi La Specialista is a hybrid semi-automatic coffee machine. In one event, this means a millstone coffee maker with grinder and a carob coffee maker.
- Features: This espresso machine comes with all the amazing features such as:
- Choose between micro-foam frothing for lattes and rich frothing for cappuccinos. Simply put your cup underneath the spout and choose between flat or foam. You should enjoy your flat hot milk or the perfect foam to convey your latte art imagination until it’s done.
- For extra comfort, brew an authentic Americano using La Specialist’s separate hot water spout. The spout also provides hot water for tea without moving any of the brewing unit’s remaining coffee flavor.
- Boiler: To achieve flawless results, simply pull the lever to tamp the ground coffee with the correct pressure. The porta-filter does not need to be removed, so you can enjoy a mess-free experience.
- Control System: Switch on the machine, grind and tamp your dosage, and brew real espresso right away – there’s no need to wait for the machine to heat up. You still don’t have to wait for your milk to steam thanks to a second heating element devoted to the professional latte system. When you’re set, dial La Specialist.
Category: best Italian espresso machine for small cafe.
The Rancilio Silvia is a high-quality coffee machine that is ideal for use at home or in a small company. Any interior would benefit from the stylish Italian style.
- Features: This has a minimal design and following feature:
- From the all-brass boiler, brew group, and portafilter to her new commercial-grade steam wand with 1-Hole top, the Silvia is designed to last. The Rancilio Silvia has all the power you need to make coffee house espresso while still providing you with incredible steam power usually reserved for machines costing at least twice as much.
- Rancilio’s semiprofessional machine is the Silvia. It provides outstanding service to challenging connoisseurs of high-quality coffee drinks. From the little footprint on the bottom to the extra-hot cup warmer on top, metal is the name of the game for this gadget. The drip tray is also made of stainless steel.
- Boiler: The Rancilio SILVIA model’s boiler capacity is just 10.1 fl oz. There is just one boiler in this model, and there is no heat exchanger. As a result, you can’t brew coffee and whip milk at the same time. One of the biggest benefits is the temperature regime’s consistency across the strait. This is important for producing high-quality espresso.
- Control system: It has three buttons for making espresso and one button for on/off.
Category: Best economical espresso machine from small café.
With an elegant interface, a minimalist look, and a small footprint, the BUNN VPR is the best commercial coffee maker. This machine can be used anywhere because it does not need plumbing, and when combined with easy pour over features and basic turn power, the VP series can handle any office environment.
- Features: First of all, BUNN – 33200.0002 VPR-2EP.It has following features:
- Two Easy Pour portable decanters are included. It also has two independent heaters that can be operated. Which is on top of the unit, and the other is where fresh coffee is prepared.
- It’s easy to do. Simply pour cold water into the filter pan, insert a paper filter, and apply your favorite ground coffee. For a long time, heated decanters would have perfectly hot coffee.
- Boiler: It also has 2 autonomous heaters that can be operated to provide perfect pressure to the coffee beans.
- Control system: Coffee in the office can ease headaches, not cause them—just add cold water in the top and the coffee will brew right away.
Category: Best customizable espresso machine for small coffee house.
Hey are you still looking? Well, you may find it in your heart to give it a chance. It is Duxtop 17PC Professional Stainless Steel Induction Cookware Set. This collection of cookware is strong, durable and extensive
- Features: This Gaggia RI9380/46 Classic Pro Espresso Machine has amazing features such as:
- The stainless steel frame has been modified to give it a more compact appearance and to make it easier to reach the water tank.
- When steaming and frothing milk, the commercial steam wand gives you complete power and can produce tight micro foam for latte art.
- This 58 mm chrome plated brass portafilter is the same size and design as those used in cafes and coffee shops.
- Boiler: The 3-way solenoid valve, which is commonly used in industrial devices, relieves pressure from the coffee, resulting in a dry, quickly discarded puck.
- Control system: The control panel of the Classic Pro has been divided into three switches for fuel, brewing, and steaming. Each switch has its own light that indicates when the system is turned on, ready to brew, and ready to steam.
What to Look for When Buying espresso machine?
What people want in an espresso maker differs widely enough that there are several choices available. Here are some of the most important aspects and functionality to think about when looking for a laptop that’s perfect for you:
- Cost: The pricing range for espresso machines is enormous, and there are so many variables that can affect the price that it’s difficult to generalize. You pay extra for longevity and material consistency in certain higher-end versions.
- Durability: Many of the more expensive espresso machine versions come with a warranty, which will give you an indication of how long they’ll last. You will get a better idea of how long a single model can last by looking at the brand’s popularity and feedback.
A coffee machine purchase is a significant investment. This is due to the fact that such machines are very expensive. Consider how many consumers it can serve, how easily this phase can be completed, and what extra tasks are required to make the life of a barista easier and to meet the demands of all customers before purchasing.
What Is the Price of a Commercial Espresso Machine?
The price of a commercial espresso machine is determined by the following factors:
What is the best place to buy a good commercial espresso machine?
A coffee machine can be purchased not only in physical retailers such as Best Buy, Walmart, and Costco, but also on the company’s official website and on the two biggest US online marketplaces: Amazon and eBay. Perhaps you’ll find a suitable commodity for sale at a reasonable price or with a coupon there.