Looking for a best dish drainer countertop for your kitchen? Don’t worry as we have compiled the best products in this article!!
For people like me, the best part about washing dishes by hand is to see every plates, forks and knives dry. Because this means I have finished my job. It does not matter whether you love or hate to doing the dishes or you have a dishwasher or not. You need a good dish draining rack which will prevent puddles of water on your countertop.
Beware that you cannot wash every dish in dishwasher because some of them are not dishwasher safe. You need something to organize your dishes and compactable especially if you have small drying spaces. If you are looking for “Best Dish Drainer Countertop” then this is the article for you. I have listed best of the best dish draining racks both big and small and in varying price range. Whether you have lots of counter space or none or you just simply need clutter free space, listed dish drainer racks are all you need.
OUR TOP 3 PICKS
We totally value the time of each consumer who is looking to purchase a new dish drainer so if you don’t want to go through the whole article and you are in hurry then don’t worry as we have provided these 3 top picks from the entire list which you can purchase blindly.
Things to consider before buying dish drainer racks:
It is time to say goodbye to the wet countertops and stained cutlery. If you at some point in your life have washed your dishes with your hands and without the help of dishwasher then you will know the importance of a good dish drainer at your countertop. And if you do own a decade old dish drying rack then it is time to let it go because the dish drying racks are revolutionized and they are not what they used to be before. So, you will need to say goodbye to old dish drying racks and welcome the new, modern and multi-functional drying racks. But how to find the perfect drying rack for your kitchen. Well, I have mentioned five factors which will help you decide the best dishwashing rack for you.
- Versatility: Before buying a dish drying rack look at the functionalities it has to offer. Make sure it can be used other than just carrying utensils. The dish draining racks are now very compartmentalized and sophisticated. According to Dan Harris, you can easily find the better alternative of something you have considered to be the best. You are better off with a drying rack that has large capacity and will not rust or rot. The dish draining racks are now easily detachable and assemble without the need of tools.
- Size: Before buying a dish drying rack, make sure you have enough counter space in your kitchen for it. Moreover, measure the space you will be left after the rack placement. If you have larger space then larger dish drying racks will do. However, if you have limited space then go for a more compact version of dish drainer rack.
- Capacity: The capacity always matters. The larger capacity is always not good. Sometimes, the compartments that are present in your dish drainer is perfect for saving up the space. If you want large capacity but also compact design then two tier dish drying rack will be perfect for you. It has more compartments and taller but it takes less space than single tier dish drying rack.
- Placement: The major deciding factor is where are you going to put your dish drying rack. You have two placements either inside the sink or on the side of the sink. If you are going to place it on the side then it should have spout that will aim in the sink and will not fill water on your counter tops.
- Material: If you are buying a new dish draining rack then look for one that is made from material which are easier to clean. Check the material because some material can chip and degrade easily. Such materials will not make your cleaning any easier. There are two main materials for dish drying racks such as:
- Plastic: The dish drying racks that are made from plastic are lighter than metal or steel ones. Plastic is more versatile and does not get stained easily. But caveat with plastic attracts a lot of grime over time and it is not sturdy. So, depending upon the use choose a material that is easier to clean and durable.
- Stainless-Steel: Stainless-steel racks are easy to clean, durable, sturdy and heavy. They are more durable and expensive than plastic. But quality wise, these racks are best of all.
- Bamboo: If you are looking for 100% natural and sustainable material then bamboo rack is the one. Bamboo dish drying rack are also affordable and it will cost you around $20. Cleaning bamboo rack is really easy. Just wipe it with oil every once in a while. It will help you to restore the wood quality. It also has anti-microbial properties, resist odors and will never rust.
9 Best Dish Drainer Countertop (Comparison Table)
Rubbermaid Antimicrobial Dish Drainer
Deluxe Aluminum Dish Drying Rack
PremiumRacks Professional Dish Rack
KitchenAid Full Size Dish Rack
Deluxe Chrome-Plated Steel Small Dish Drainers
OXO Good Grips Foldaway Dish Rack
Prepworks by Progressive Collapsible Over-The-Sink Dish Drainer
Shanik Expandable Draining Dish Rack
Polder KTH-615 Dish Rack & Tray 4 PC Combo
9 Best Dish Drainer Countertop (Buying Guide)
Category: Best countertop dishwasher drainer at best price.
Are you looking for an affordable yet good quality dish drainer? Then our first addition Rubbermaid Antimicrobial Dish Drainer might be it for you. This is an all-purpose countertop dish drainer. Moreover, it is light weight and durable.
- Features: This Rubbermaid Antimicrobial Dish Drainer has following features:
- It has large capacity and can store up to 13 large plates, pots and spoon. As compare to the size, the dishwasher drainer is lightweight.
- The Microban is chemical that prevents and fights the growth of bacteria. This substance will prevent your dishes from picking up unpleasant odor.
- The holder is very deep and it can hold more than any similar model of countertop drainer.
- Material: This Rubbermaid Antimicrobial Dish Drainer is made from steel and the surface is treated with microban.
- Size: It is 17 ½ inches long and it almost weighs 1 pound.
Category: best function countertop dish drainer but expensive.
Are looking for a durable and luxury dish drainer? Don’t sweat more because I just found it for you, it is VENETIO Deluxe Aluminum Dish Drying Rack. This two tier rack provide perfect storage and is good to use independently as well.
- Features: This VENETIO Deluxe Aluminum Dish Drying Rack has following features:
- This has large size and two-tier size. You can use both of the racks separately.
- You can store 14 plates, 24 bowls, four glasses and around 60 spoons. There is a swivel spout that can rotate around 360 degree. It means swivel spout can drain water in any direction.
- The rack is rust resistant. The tray and cup holder are made from scratch less material.
- Material: The structure of the rack is made from aluminum. The dish tray and removable cup holder is made from PP material.
- Size: It has a large size and it is around 18 inches long. Moreover, it weighs 6 ½ pounds.
Also Read: How to Clean Metal Streamer Basket
Category: Best stainless-steel countertop dish drainer.
Are you looking for a luxury and modern looking countertop dish drainer? Then I will highly recommend at looking at PremiumRacks Professional Dish Rack. It has all the qualities of high-end dish drainer with not so sky rocketing price.
- Features: This has a very sturdy appearance. It has some amazing features such as:
- The sturdy rack is made from 304 stainless steel and it has passed the 24 hours salt water test. This rack will not tarnish, rust and it is easy to sanitize this rack.
- It comes with cutting board attachment, cup holder, utensils and knives holder.
- This is the perfect dish drainer to impress your guests. This rack is made from highest quality and will survive the roughest conditions.
- Material: The structure of PremiumRacks Professional Dish Rack is made from high grade 304 stainless steel and the utensil and knife holder is made from plastic.
- Size: This large capacity dish drainer is 17 inches long and weighs around 4 pounds.
Category: best overall design of countertop dish draining rack.
Hey there I am bringing best dish draining racks that amazon has to offer. This my friend is KitchenAid Full Size Dish Rack, it is durable and strong. If you are interested in cooking then you might have heard of KitchenAid. The products from this brand have been used worldwide and it comes with lifetime warranty.
- Features: The design is very classy and elegant. It has following amazing feature:
- This has a large capacity to store large size bowls, pots and plates.
- The stainless-steel frame will never rust.
- Material: This KitchenAid Full Size Dish Rack is made from stainless steel. The wires are satin coated which means they will not scratch your counter.
- Size: This has large capacity and 20 inches wide.
Category: Best modern and compact countertop dish draining rack.
Are you moving into new place and looking for a compact but larger dish draining rack? This Deluxe Chrome-Plated Steel Small Dish Drainers is ridiculous in size and will fully equip your kitchen.
- Features: First of all, this is Deluxe Chrome-Plated Steel Small Dish Drainers. It has following features:
- This dish rack can hold large dishes and requires less space which means you can use it in tiny kitchens.
- The chrome finish provides the rack clean and modern look.
- Material: It frame of this rack is made from chrome and bottom is coated with satin in order to protect the top of counter. The holder is made from plastic.
- Size: This Deluxe Chrome-Plated Steel Small Dish Drainers is very compact and has length of 14 ½ inches.
Category: Best compact countertop dish drainer under $30.
Hey are you still looking? Well, this OXO Good Grips Foldaway Dish Rack will be something you are interested in. It is collapsible dish draining rack and the legs and tray can be extended to drain water directly into the sink. This multipurpose rack that can be used in dorms, small apartments and room.
- Features: This is OXO Good Grips Foldaway Dish Rack that comes with all the amazing features such as:
- The BPA free plastic cups that hold utensils can be washed in dishwasher.
- The tines hold cups inside and prevent drizzling of water on the countertop.
- The side legs and walls can fold to form a compact structure that can be stored into cabinets.
- Material: The frame is made from stainless steel while the cups for utensils are made from BPA free plastic.
- Size: It is collapsible and 19 inches wide.
Category: best over the sink dish drainer.
Are you looking for a compact dish drainer countertop? Well do not look more because I have found Prepworks by Progressive Collapsible Over-The-Sink Dish Drainer, which is made up from sustainable material. This is durable and sturdy. Moreover, this has compactible design and you can fold it to put under the sink.
- Features: This has a minimal design and following feature:
- Assembling this dish drainer is simple. Just press the button at the bottom and it will expand as deeply or shallowly as you like.
- It comes with the drain board if you like to keep it on the countertop. But if you have double sinks and limited space then it is your golden ticket.
- It is made from plastic and has holes in the bottom to allow the water to drain in to the sink. Moreover, the drain board has a lip that allows water to directly run off to the sink.
- Material: This Prepworks by Progressive Collapsible Over-The-Sink Dish Drainer is made from plastic.
- Size: These is very compact and 16 ½ inches wide.
Category: Best expandable draining dish rack.
If you are a single person living in an apartment or dorm alone then this Shanik Expandable Draining Dish Rack – Over-Sink Dish Drainer is the one for you. It is inexpensive and compact. It offers you functional and expandable dish drainer.
- Features: First of all, this is Shanik Expandable Draining Dish Rack – Over-Sink Dish Drainer is a multipurpose rack. It has following features:
- This has variable sizes. You can expand it to 20 inches or use it in contracted version of 14 inches.
- The design is multipurpose. As you can put it in-sink or over the countertop.
- The two utensil holders can be attached or easily.
- Material: This Shanik Expandable Draining Dish Rack is made from stainless-steel and the two utensil holders are made from silicone.
- Size: This Shanik Expandable Draining Dish Rack – Over-Sink Dish Drainer is really small and 14 inches wide.
Category: Best stainless steel countertop dish draining rack.
Hey are you still looking? Well, this might catch your attention. It is Polder KTH-615 Dish Rack & Tray 4 PC Combo. This has a removable plastic tray which can be used to dry excess plates and glasses.
- Features: This is Polder KTH-615 Dish Rack & Tray 4 PC Combo set comes with all the amazing features such as:
- These dish racks are elegant and functional. It does not matter if you are cooking for four or fourteen people because this dish draining rack can be use to dry many cutleries.
- The stainless steel makes the framework very durable. The cutlery holder is removable and it is dishwasher safe.
- Material: This Polder KTH-615 Dish Rack & Tray 4 PC Combo is made from rust resistant and brushed stainless steel. The tray is made from plastic.
- Size: This Polder KTH-615 Dish Rack & Tray 4 PC Combo is quite big and has 27 ½ inches wide.
Dish drying rack shopping tips:
Buying a dish drying rack is a very straightforward purchase but there are some tips and things that you should consider while shopping for dish drying rack.
Counter top vs in-sink design:
In order to find the best design for your dish drying rack, consider the size of your kitchen sink and the space on your counter.
- If you have a square section beside your sink on the counter then it will be perfect for placing the counter top dish drying rack. This is a self-contained rack which is easy to move, assemble and store. This requires minimum or no installation.
- There is also another type of dish rack that is known as behind the sink or over the sink rack. If you are going for this option then you need to measure the space behind your sink carefully and be sure that there is at least foot of space free behind it.
- If you have double bowl sink then you can also use in-sink rack. This type of the rack sits on top of the sink with the handles on the lip of the sink. There are two disadvantages of in-sink rack, one is that it has less space than counter top. The other is the inconvenience you have to go through to lift it up and down every time you need to use the full sink.
Every brand makes different sizes of rack but there are three main categories of racks:
- Compact racks: Compact racks are perfect for small kitchen, dorms or apartments. There are two types of rack that are included in compact racks-countertop rack and in-sink rack. In case of countertop rack, expect to save at least a foot more.
- Classic racks: These types of racks are suitable for medium sized kitchen that have enough counterspace. The average dimension of classic rack is 12” x 19” x 5” to 18” x 12” x 13”. You should measure up the space before buying these racks. Also make sure that buy the rack that easily collapses and store.
- High-capacity racks: High-capacity racks has a dimension of 18” x 12” x 13”. It usually comes with expandable parts such as trays, compartments etc. Behind the sink racks fall in this category and has dimension 36” x 12” x 31”. These racks have horizontal or vertical stocking for providing more space.
Ending is always the saddest part. If you are still with me then it means you really liked my article. Writing this piece of article required so much research and hard work. Make sure you looked down at the review because reviews always make your vision clear. This research and testing help us find out the best dish drying rack for your kitchen. It does not matter if it is big or small because I have included each and every type of it. In addition to drying your dishes, these racks will also organize your dishes.
What is the best material for dish drainer countertop?
If you are looking for dish drying rack that will last you for a long time then stainless-steel dish drying racks are best option. They are weightless, durable and sleek.
Is dish drying rack can be sanitary?
Using dish drying racks to dry your cutlery and utensils is a more sanitary option then using a towel for drying for cutlery.
Can I put my dish drying rack into dishwasher?
If you have a metal coated or plastic dish drying rack then you can put it in the dishwasher. It will sanitize your rack that dries your dishes and cutlery.
- Perten, Tanya Ballard Brown And Kori. “The Best Dish Racks of 2021.” Reviewed, 5 Feb. 2021, www.reviewed.com/dishwashers/best-right-now/the-best-dish-racks.
- Lefton, Andreana. “The Best Dish-Drying Racks for the Kitchen.” Bob Vila, 17 June 2020, www.bobvila.com/articles/best-dish-drying-rack.
- Ganea, Simona. “Top 10 Best Dish-Drying Racks Perfect For Most Kitchens.” Home Decorating Trends – Homedit, 18 Mar. 2021, www.homedit.com/best-dish-drying-racks.