Looking for a best BBQ gloves for handling your meat? We have compiled a list of top 10 gloves which will help you in finding the best product.
Oh hey. Are you looking for a good glove that can withstand the strong heat and smoke of BBQ? Well I have compiled a list of 10 Best BBQ Gloves for Handling Meat available on amazon. If you like to barbecue a lot then these gloves are a necessity for you.
These gloves are considered to be the only solution to handle hot pans, pots, pizza stones and barbecue grills on daily basis. These gloves will make your barbecue experience fun because you know that your hands are safe. They will provide you safety whether you need to stir the coal or hold the barbecue grills. Invest in a good pair of gloves now and safe yourself from damage later.
OUR TOP 3 PICKS
We totally value the time of each consumer who is looking to purchase a new BBQ glove so if you don’t want to go through the whole article and you are in hurry then don’t worry as we have provided these 3 top picks from the entire list which you can purchase blindly.
Materials for making BBQ gloves
These BBQ gloves are made from many materials such as silicone, leather, fabric and synthetic nylon. The pros and cons and detail of gloves made from these materials is mentioned as follow:
- Silicone Gloves: These are not as thick as synthetic or fiber gloves. But you can feel your hands in it that makes the handling easier. As silicone is nonstick, no food will stick to it. The sauces that stick to it are washable. Silicone is temperature resistant and there are even some silicone gloves that are 100% BPA free which is good if you want to reduce the chemical contact to your food.
- Leather Gloves: If you are looking for a reliable pair of gloves then you should buy gloves made from leather. Leather is an old fashioned but most versatile material for making gloves. They work well for shoving coals in the barbecue or handling grills, pots or tools because leather is very thick material and will protect your hand well. But leather gloves are not good for holding food because they are not dexterous. Once they are stained, you cannot clean them. Plus, they get hard and discolored with time.
- Fiber Gloves: Fiber gloves are made from thick fabric and have silicone insert and patches on palm area. These silicone patches are great for grip. Do not hold food with it because it is not as easier to stains as it is in silicone glove. These gloves are ideal for holding logs, grills, utensils such as knives etc. Some of the fabric gloves can be washed in machine. Do not use these gloves in water because they lose their heat insulation in water pretty quickly.
- Synthetic Gloves: These gloves are made up from rubber lined on the exterior. They are made from either synthetic fabric or natural fabric such as cotton. You can hold food with these gloves and they can be washed in either washing machine or hand wash. They are similar to the dish gloves but only with much better quality. As they are nibbler than leather gloves, you can hold utensils easily. But do not use these gloves in water as water cause them to conduct heat.
10 Best BBQ Gloves For Handling Meat (Comparison Table)
Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Extra Long Suede Grill Gloves
10 Best BBQ Gloves For Handling Meat (Detailed Guide)
1. Ekogrips Premium BBQ Oven Gloves
Category: Best affordable silicone BBQ gloves.
Are looking for a thick and high insulated glove? Then my first open for you can gladly be your last. It is Ekogrips Premium BBQ Oven Gloves. This is the most durable gloves that can stay with you for a long time. These are made up from quality silicone and are affordable. These are useful for you other than handling meat.
- Features: This glove comes in three sizes which is one size that fits all, larger and extra-large. This glove has flowing features:
- These gloves come in longer sleeves. This is not only helpful while grilling but you can also use these gloves for boiling or baking in over.
- You can use these gloves in water because they are 100% water proof and keeps the hot juices or steam away from your hands.
- These gloves have reinforced seems in finger that help them to remain intact for a longer period of time.
- Material: This is made from food grade silicone which is 100% BPA free. This means no chemical will go into your food.
- Temperature resistant: They are thick and completely insulated. Hence, they can withstand temperature up to 425 degree.
2. BBQ Heat Resistant Insulated Smoker
Category: best synthetic BBQ gloves for handling meat.
Hey. So, you didn’t like my first option then do not worry I am just getting started with all the options. Are in search of gloves that will cover most of your hand? Then do not sweat more because I have found it. My next option for you is Artisan Griller Redefining Outdoor Cooking BBQ Heat Resistant Insulated Smoker, Grill, Fryer, Oven, Cooking Gloves. This is the top choice of people searching for heat resistant gloves.
- Features: This synthetic glove has following features:
- These gloves are 14 inches long. That means they cover most of your hands.
- They are easy to put on and take off as the inner has lining of cotton. They are not tight and allow your hands to breath while doing tasks such as baking, grilling etc.
- The neoprene rubber gloves are water and fire resistant.
- Material: The interior of this glove is made up from cotton and has a coating of neoprene rubber at the exterior.
- Temperature resistant: This is heat resistant and can withstand temperature up to 275 degrees which is less than silicone.
3. GRILL HEAT AID Extreme Heat Resistant BBQ Gloves
Category: Best highest quality fiber BBQ gloves.
Are you looking for gloves that can withstand high temperature? Well with some research, I have been able to find it. It is GRILL HEAT AID Extreme Heat Resistant BBQ Gloves. They are made from firefighting uniform material and is fire resistant.
- Features: There are many amazing features of this gloves such as:
- These gloves are comfortable to wear because they are just like the gloves, we wear in winter season.
- They have high temperature resistance and will be helpful in holding grill, pots and pans.
- As they are fiber gloves, don’t use them in water because they will conduct heat. The interior lining is of cotton and with extensive use the lining tends to come off.
- Material: These gloves are made up from material that is used in firefighter suits such as pera-aramid and meta-aramid.
- Temperature resistant: These are the highest temperature resistant gloves available in the market. They can withstand temperature up to 932 degrees.
4. Charcoal Companion Ultimate Barbecue Pit Mitt Glove
Category: Best BBQ gloves that are dexterous.
I heard you are looking for a mid-price glove that is comfortable and holds the utensils easily. Well I have found what you ask for, it is Charcoal Companion Ultimate Barbecue Pit Mitt Glove. There is one drawback that the dexterity in this glove comes at the sacrifice of heat resistance. It can withstand less amount of heat than other aramid gloves.
- Features: This particular glove has following features:
- This aramid fiber is known for its durability and is extremely heat resistant. This material is used to uniforms of firefighters.
- It blocks heat perfectly and protect your hands at all cost. This has a very dexterous fit and you can hold all kitchen utensils while wearing this. There is silicone texture which provides amazing grip.
- These are neither water resistant nor water proof. So, don’t use these gloves when they are wet because they lose their insulation property when wet.
- Material: The gloves are made from aramid fibers and have silicone textures all over it.
- Temperature resistant: This Pit Mitt gloves can withstand temperature up to 425 degrees.
5. RAPICCA Leather Forge Welding Gloves Heat/Fire Resistant
Category: Best heavy duty gloves for handling meat.
Are you looking for good gloves that are heavy duty? Well I just found it for you, this my friend is RAPICCA Leather Forge Welding Gloves Heat/Fire Resistant. It is heavy duty glove that are high temperature resistant and multipurpose.
- Features: These gloves are originally made to be used as welding gloves. But they have following features:
- The interior cotton lining is soft and absorbs your sweat. These are heavy duty gloves that are soft and comfortable to wear.
- These welding gloves can also be used for throwing burning logs into the fire place, grilling, holding pots and pans. These gloves are 16 inches long and they protect your hand fully. These are water resistant and water proof.
- Material: The exterior is made up from forged leather while the interior has soft cotton lining.
- Temperature resistant: This can bear temperature up to 932 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. RAPICCA BBQ Gloves Heat Resistant-Smoker
Category: Best BBQ gloves that are water and fire resistant.
Are you looking for gloves that are highly temperature and water resistant? This is for you my friend, it is RAPICCA BBQ Gloves Heat Resistant-Smoker. This is fireproof, water proof and oil resistant. You can test all these things and see for yourself.
- Features: This glove has following amazing feature:
- This is made from food grade neoprene which has patterns all over it. These patterns provide good grip while holding pans and pots. The interior has soft cotton lining which is not only comfortable but also makes your hand cool.
- The neoprene is heat, water, oil, grease etc. resistant. You can test this while putting your hand in hot boiling water while the gloves are on. You will not feel a thing.
- Material: The exterior of this gloves is made from neoprene synthetic rubber and interior has double lining of cotton.
- Temperature Resistant: These gloves can withstand heat up to 932 degrees Fahrenheit.
Also Read: Charcoal Grilling Tips & Techniques
7. BlueFire Gloves BBQ Grill Firepit Oven Mitts Heat Resistant
Category: best fiber BBQ gloves that can withstand high heat.
Looking for a fiber BBQ gloves that are dexterous as well as heat resistant. Well you are asking for too much but still I have found it for you. It is BlueFire Gloves BBQ Grill Firepit Oven Mitts that can be used as BBQ gloves as well as oven mitts.
- Features: These is the most durable glove that you can find on amazon with following features such:
- The Kevlar exterior is the heat dispersant and the interior cotton lining provides full control to you.
- This has a silicone texture that provides you with maximum grip and chances of any mishandling reduces.
- Material: This is made up from silicone, aramid and Kevlar. The interior has cushioning lining made from cotton and polyester mix.
- Temperature resistant: this can withstand temperature up to 932 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Extra Long Suede Grill Gloves
Category: Best BBQ gloves that covers your whole arm.
Are you looking for good and cool looking BBQ gloves? Don’t worry I just found it for you, this is Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Extra Long Suede Grill Gloves (Pair) which are the best leather gloves I have to offer.
- Features: This has following amazing feature:
- It has suede leather that is highly pliable, dexterous and you can easily handle kitchen utensils.
- These gloves are not insulated and cannot withstand much heat.
- The interior lining is very soft and comfortable.
- Material: The exterior is made from suede leather and the interior is made from cotton.
- Temperature resistant: This has less heat resistant. It can withstand heat up to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. AYL Silicone Cooking Gloves
Category: Best silicone BBQ gloves for handling meat.
hey there. I am running out of options for you. If you are interested in silicone gloves then this AYL Silicone Cooking Gloves might be the one for you. They are easy to wear, use and clean. You can wash them in dishwasher if you like.
- Features: This is the best silicone glove that provides high insulation. It has following features:
- The textured silicone provides easy and comfortable grip. You can hold bake goods, tongs, knives and spatulas with it.
- This has two layers design which helps in the heat insulation.
- Material: This is made up from food grade textured silicone which have cotton lining.
- Size: This has high temperature resistance which is 475 degrees.
10. Grill Armor Extreme Heat Resistant Oven Gloves
Category: best multipurpose BBQ gloves.
This is my last option for you. So, I hope you have selected what you want. This is Grill Armor Extreme Heat Resistant Oven Gloves which are multipurpose and can be used as oven mitts as well as for BBQ purposes.
- Features: If we talk the design then this glove has silicone texture all over it.
- This texture helps in providing easy grip to hold pots, pan, log and coal. This provides dexterity to your gloves. This can be washed in machine. so, don’t worry if you get sauce over it.
- The fabric is made up from sturdy material. So, expect this to last you for a very long time. This is not efficiently insulated but also breathable.
- Material: This made up from M-aramid and P-aramid which is the same fabric used for making firefighter suits. The interior is made up from cotton.
- Temperature resistant: This Grill Armor glove can withstand heat up to 932 degrees Fahrenheit.
What are BBQ gloves:
Well you might be thinking what are barbecue gloves and why we need it. To answer your questions, BBQ gloves are just like any other gloves but they guard your hands while barbecuing or putting something in chimney such as coal or log. Barbecuing is not as dangerous as welding but it still has some risks such as fire catching your hands or oil splashes. These gloves are also great for doing pantry work. You need a pair of gloves that can help you flip the meat over barbecue, fill the chimney with log or coal, adjust the vent or check the meat without any worries of getting your hand burnt.
A good barbecue gloves are designed on following factors such as they should be versatile and dexterous enough so, you can hold the pots, tong etc. easily. They should also provide insulation to finger areas. The material from which these gloves are made of should be breathable.
Things to consider before buying BBQ gloves
There are things you should consider before buying BBQ gloves. These are important for your own safety and these things are mentioned as follow:
- Dexterity: You are going to hold tongs, pots, pans and grills. If the gloves are hard then it will be much harder to hold anything. You want to hold knife or tongs while wearing the gloves. The gloves which offers dexterity are thin and offers less heat insulation. So, if you are a hand-on smoker than choose dexterity over anything. Dexterity also comes with incredible handling and comfort. When you are comfortable inside the gloves then it is easier for you to turn pork on grill with/without the tong.
- Heat resistance: The temperature in the oven increases up to 600 degrees. So, if your selected gloves do not have high temperature resistance then they will melt while you are wearing them and it will burn your hands. While choosing a glove, make sure you know the material and heat resistant capacity. This will help you decide whether to use these gloves in backyard or pantry. Usually the gloves made from aramid are best heat resistant and comfortable to wear.
- Length of gloves: The gloves comes in different length such as cuff length, gauntlets or wrist length. I personally prefer gloves that has longer cuff because it will protect your hand from coal and grease splashes. If you have a larger grill, smoker or cooks in high flames than wear gloves of longer cuff.
Congratulations. You have successfully reached the end of the article. If you are still with me it means you have appreciated by research. And why shouldn’t you, I have put have heart and soul in this. Amazon is filled with protective glove and there are millions of options for you to choose from. You may find it overwhelming and it is natural to get confused.
This is the reason I have made a buying guide for you that will help you in best BBQ gloves according to your demand. But before buying a glove you need to consider following things such as grip, comfort, material and most importantly the purpose you are buying these gloves for. Also make sure the size you are buying will fit you and go through each product description before buying the BBQ gloves. Have a happy shopping.
What kind of gloves are used by pit master?
The pit masters prefer gloves made from nitrile which is a synthetic material instead of latex. They are thicker, durable and more heat resistant than latex. They do not contain any powder and FDA tested for durability.
Can we wash BBQ gloves?
Yes, you can wash BBQ gloves. The silicone gloves are dishwasher safe and you can even wash them just like you wash your hands.
How to clean leather BBQ gloves?
Damp a cloth and just wipe the leather glove off. After your done cleaning, hang them somewhere and let it air dry completely. Do not ever wash these types of gloves in washing machine.