Looking for a best all in one carving knife for your kitchen? Then don’t worry as we have created a detailed guide to help you out. Hey there. Is it the time of the year again? When all the thoughts move toward Christmas. Butchers and farm shops are opening up and there are orders for turkeys and nut roasts. Turkey, hams and chicken roasts are the main meals during this time of the year. However, you cannot use chef’s knife for carving these large portions of meats.
You will work really hard all day to prepare these amazing dishes. So, your knife should glide through your meals not get stuck in between. If you are looking for “Best all in one carving knife” then keep on reading this article because I have mentioned some incredible options in it.
Why carving knife is different from the others?
Choosing the right knife when it comes to slicing the meat is really vital. There are different types of blade in the knife. Some blades that are too flexible will not be able to cut through the knife while some blades that are too stiff will be hard to control. Both of the slicing and carving knife have a blade equal or greater to 20 cm which means you will have enough room to easily cut through the meat. The blade of caving knife should be really sharp in order to avoid over pressure which can cause uneven pieces of meat.
|Carving knife||20 cm||It has thicker blade that is use to cut the meat away from the bone.||The blade is not flexible in order to provide control while carving.||It is used for mostly carving chicken and poultry roast.|
|Slicing knife||15 cm to 25cm||It has longer and sharper blade that is use to slice the chunks of meat with few bones in it.||The blade is more flexible to cut thinner slices of meat.||It is used for carving larger roasts such as fish, pork and fish.|
- Cost: The carving and slicing knife vary in the prices such as you can get one in less than $10 or around $100. Remember that you will need to buy a carving fork as well which is also around $10 to $100. It does not matter how much expensive knife you buy because all of them will need sharpening regularly but fluted or scalloped edges hold their sharp edge for much longer than straight blades which also are cheap.
- Sets: The knife sets that contain carving and slicing knife are very expensive because they perform a very specific job in kitchen and they need to be sharpened regularly. For this reason, these sets cost more than the regular one. But such sets will also have carving fork and honing steel which make them perfect investment.
- Material: The material commonly used for making carving knife is given in the table below with all the uses as well:
|Carbon Steel||It maintains the sharp edge but it can get discolored and rusted easily.||Not many knives are made from carbon steel|
|Stainless steel||It retains a sharp edge for a longer period of time.||Global GS5 Vegetable Knife 14cm|
|High carbon stainless-steel||It is the combination of best of both worlds. As it retains the sharp edge and does not rust easily.||Wusthof Silverpoint Cooks Knife 18cm|
|Damascus or Laminated||Lamination is a process in which high carbon steel is sandwiched between softer steel such stainless steel.||Kasumi Santoku Knife 13cm O Shen Carving Knife 24cm|
9 Best All In One Carving Knife (Comparison Table)
GE 1.6 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave
Samsung Over-the-Range Microwave
LG 2.2 Cubic Feet Over-The-Range Microwave Oven
Sharp R-1514 1-1/2-Cubic-Foot 1000-Watt Over-the-Range Microwave
Frigidaire 30" Over the Range Microwave with 1.6 cu
Avanti 24" Over The Range Microwave
GE 30" Over-the-Range Microwave Oven
Sharp SMO1854DS Over the Range Microwave Oven
Frigidaire FGMV17WNVF Over the Range Microwave Oven
9 Best All In One Carving Knife (Buying Guide)
Category: Best high carbon Japanese steel knives combo for carving.
Are you looking for a combo carving and slicing knives? Then our first addition Dalstrong Shogun Series 12″ Slicing & Carving Knife might be it for you. This is an all-purpose knife set that has taken the top stop on all kitchen knife niches and we can also see why.
- Features: This Dalstrong Shogun Series 12″ Slicing & Carving Knife is ultimate carving and knife set has following features:
- It has precision which is forged on single billet which provides durability and pattern beauty.
- The cryogenic technique is used for tempering in the steel’s crystalline structure which will increase hardness, strength and sharpness of the knife.
- Material: This slicing and carving knife has 66 layers of high carbon Japanese steel which has a core of Damascus cladding. The blade of the knife has fluted dimples along with Damascus cladding.
- Size: The both carving and slicing blades are 12 inches long.
Category: best electric carving knife with carving fork.
Are looking for a lightweight and innovative style electric knife? Don’t sweat more because I just found it for you, it is Hamilton Beach Electric Knife for Carving Meats. This has compact design and stainless-steel blade and fork.
- Features: This Hamilton Beach Electric Knife has following features:
- The knives are perfect for carving meat, turkey and bread. This can also be used for DIY projects.
- Hamilton Beach Electric Knife has ergonomic handles which is perfect for comfortable grip and provides complete control for cutting whatever you are cutting.
- It has compact storage and is not bulky at all.
- Material: The blade and fork are made from stainless steel. The handles are made from ergonomic material.
- Size: The size of the blade is 7 ½ inches and the size of carving fork is 12 inches.
Category: Best budget friendly stainless steel carving knife.
Are you looking for sturdy carving knife which is cheap or inexpensive? Then I will highly recommend at looking at TUO Slicing Knife – Granton Carving Knife. It has all the qualities of high-end knife including rust-free blade but at a very c
- Features: This has a very sturdy appearance. It has some amazing features such as:
- The 12 inches blade is narrow enough to slice, butterfly, trim and chop all types of meat.
- The blade is resistant free and the hollow ground dimples on the blade prevent food sticking to the knife.
- The Pakkawood handles are waterproof and it does not warp or split.
- Material: The blade is made from HC German stainless steel while the handle is made from Pakkawood.
- Size: The size of the knife blade is 12 inches.
Category: best aesthetical and durable carving knife.
Hey there I am bringing the best carving and slicing knives that amazon has to offer. This my friend is Shun DM-0743 Classic Boning 6-inch High-Performance, it is durable and strong. If you are interested in aesthetically pleasing yet beautiful knife then I highly recommend looking at it.
- Features: The design is very classy and elegant. It has following amazing feature:
- The blade is razor sharp and it is convenient to cut through anything such as fish, pork, etc.
- The handle is D-shape which allow excellent grip and control.
- Material: The blade of this knife is made from Damascus VG-max steel and the handles are made from Ebony pakkawood handles.
- Size: This blade of this knife is 6 inches long.
5. Wüsthof CLASSIC Two Piece Carving Set
Category: Best two piece craving knife at nominal price.
Are you moving for a carving knife and good quality for at affordable price? This Wüsthof CLASSIC Two Piece Carving Set is very durable and will fully equip your kitchen.
- Features: First of all, this is Wüsthof CLASSIC Two Piece Carving Set. It has following features:
- The tempered high carbon stainless steel is rust less and durable.
- It is extremely light weight and the blade is 20% more sharper than the other knives.
- This Wusthof is a German made knife which comes with lifetime warranty.
- Material: The knife is made from high carbon stainless-steel which is forged and tempered to 58-degree HRC. The handle is made from full polypropylene and it is triple riveted to provide comfortable grip. /
- Size: The carving fork is 6 inches long and the blade of carving knife is 8 inches long.
Category: Best versatile carving knife at affordable price.
Hey are you still looking? Well, Victorinox Swiss Army – 47645 Cutlery Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife this will be something you are interested in. It is multi-purpose knife and can be used for cutting, slicing and carving. This multipurpose knife is used in restaurants, home etc.
- Features: This knife comes with all the amazing features such as:
- The granton blade creates air pockets which minimize the air friction when you are slicing or carving the food.
- The handle is ergonomic which provides tight drip even when they are wet.
- It is easy to operate and balance while working.
- Material: The blade is made from Granton and the handle is made from Fibrox Pro.
- Size: The blade of the knife is 12 inches long and the handle is 5.4 inches long. All in all, the length is 17.4 inches.
Category: best aesthetically pleasing knife at affordable price.
Are you looking for cheap and beautifully designed knife that will last you a very long time? Well do not look more because I have found Viners Eternal Marble 8″ Carving Knife which is made up from sustainable material. This is durable and sturdy. Moreover, this set is for those people that prefers quality over price.
- Features: This has a minimal design and following feature:
- If you are a fan of heavier blade then this might be it for you.
- The curved shape handle is designed to provide comfortable grip.
- It has 25 years of guarantee.
- Material: It is made from German stainless-steel and the handle is made from special marble effect.
- Size: The knife is 8 inches long.
Category: Best three pieces carving set.
If you are looking for a carving set that only contains knives then this is the one for you. It offers you three pieces; one is knife, other is carving fork and third is piercing steel to maintain the sharpness of the set.
- Features: First of all, this Amefa Richardson Sheffield Sabatier Trompette 3 Piece Carving Set. It has following features:
- The blade is rust resistant and lightweight.
- The handles of these knives have three rivets that make the control and strength over the blade a lot easier.
- You can wash these blades into the dishwasher
- Material: This material is made from highest and finest quality stainless steel and the handle is made from polypropylene.
- Size: This carving set has a blade of 7.5 inches long.
Category: Best large 12 inches knife with hollow steel
Hey are you still looking? Well, this might catch your attention. It is ICEL 12-INCH PRACTICA GRANTON EDGE. This knife is strong, durable and lightweight. This is multipurpose knife as it can be used as slicer as well as carving knife.
- Features: This is ICEL 12-INCH PRACTICA GRANTON EDGE knife has amazing features such as comes with all the amazing features such as:
- The 17 inches long knife is bolster less in order to provide full use.
- The polymer handle is lightweight, sturdy and provide full control.
- This knife is NSF certified and provide lifetime guarantee.
- Material: ICEL 12-INCH PRACTICA GRANTON EDGE has a blade made from excellent German stainless-steel and the handles are made from polymer.
- Size: The blade is 12 inches long while the handle is 5 inches which makes the total length of this knife 17 inches. .
What kitchen knives do I need?
If you are looking precision and skills in your kitchen then you must have superior quality tools. There are many knives and each one of them have different purpose. If you do not cook all the time then you only need chef’s knife and paring knife. But if you are a professional chef or even someone who likes to cook everyday and experiment with dishes then Japanese Honshu steel knives set will suit you the best. The type of knife you need depends upon the purpose or job of it.
The chef’s knife is the most versatile and important knife to have in your kitchen. It has a sharp blade and is used to in many kitchen tasks. The length of the blade is around 6-14 inches. It is ideal for chopping herbs, nuts, cutting meats and dicing vegetables. You cannot use it for cleaving, carving meats and slicing breads. Moreover, it cannot perform tasks that require more precision such as peeling and mincing.
Also Read : Best Chefs Knife Under 200
Slicing knives is similar to carving knife but it has long and thin blade with either pointed or round tip. The blade is more flexible than carving knife that is why it is used for cutting thinner slices of meat, bread or vegetables. The blade length is from 8 to 14 inches. Slicing knife is ideal for cutting thinner pieces of meat such as pork, fish and chicken. Moreover, it can be used for making salads etc.
Utility knife is the most versatile knife in your kitchen. It is shorter than chef’s knife but bigger than paring knife. It is a definite all-rounder in the kitchen and it comes in serrated and straight blade style. Some people call it ‘Sandwich knife”. The blade size is 4 to 7 inches and it ideal for cutting sandwiches, chopping vegetables, slicing bagels and buns. Utility knife cannot be used for precision task such as chopping or mincing.
The paring knife is used for delicate tasks such as mincing, peeling and cutting. This is a small and short-bladed knife. The blade is around 3 to 4 inches long. It is used in deseeding fruits, peeling and cutting fruits and vegetables. You cannot use this knife for slicing, cutting and carving meats and breads.
How to carve meat using carving knife?
Carved roast, turkey and meat is everybody’s favorite in Christmas. Many people have their own tips and tricks to make the best carved roast with much pride and satisfaction is taken into carving the meat. But all your effort can be wasted, if you do not take care of the final carving process. I have mentioned some tips and techniques to portion out the cooked meat:
- Let the cooked roast sit in for 20 minutes because it will the juice to redistribute in the whole meat. So, when you will cut the meat then there will be less spilling of juice and the meat will remain moist.
- Use the full length of knife while slice the meat. Make sure you do not saw it and travel in the same direction. =
- The best trick is to cut against the grain of the meat. The grain is in the direction where the muscle and tissue come together and it is probably the easiest way cut because it makes the meat less tough.
- After the meat has been cut and slices then immediately put it in the warm plate and spoon all the juice that spilled out on the meat in order to keep it moist.
- Do not use serrated blades. As they can tear the meat.
- If you are carving your poultry then make sure you start at the wing and work it to the back.
Hey we made it down here. If you are still reading it then it means you really liked the options, I have collected for you. And why shouldn’t you? I have literally put my heart and soul into it. If you are looking for more review then make sure you scroll down to the review and see the real time purchases. These help you to know the good, bad and the worst that can happen to you with the knife you are deciding on buying. Remember that you buy the knife that has blades at least as long as the biggest piece of your roast. Because you will be able to slice into horizontal cuts without any sawing. So, what will be your choice for carving knife? Stamped or forged. In any case, have a happy shopping.
When I need a carving knife?
In times of need, you can use a single knife but it will not provide you the required precision and neatness as will the specialized the knife. These knives are designed to speed up the process. The carving knife provides you the precision required for cutting the meat and it ultimately affect the presentation of the food.
What carving knives look like?
Carving knives have a thin and pointy blade. The blade of Carving knife is thinner than chef’s knife which is use to cut through the meat without any resistance.
Which knife is used by Gordon Ramsay?
Gordon Ramsay uses knives made by Wüsthof and Heckles. Both of the companies are known for making good quality knives.
- Guide to Carving and Slicing Knives.” Russums, 17 June 2016, www.russums-shop.co.uk/news/knives/q/date/2016/06/17/guide-to-carving-and-slicing-knives.
- “A Complete Understanding Of Kitchen Knife Types.” Kamikoto, 23 Feb. 2018, kamikoto.com/blogs/fundamentals/understanding-kitchen-knives-types.
- O’Reilly, Clare. “10 Best Carving Knives That Make Simple Work of Any Meat Joint or Nut Roast.” The Independent, 14 Oct. 2019, www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/house-garden/kitchen-accessories/best-carving-knives-8842538.html.
- Reilly, Courtney. “Best Carving Knives in 2021.” TechnoBuffalo, 1 Mar. 2021, www.technobuffalo.com/best-carving-knives.