I was feeling a bit under the weather the other day and didn’t feel like cooking anything too complicated. I decided to make some Basmati Rice Risotto instead and it was the perfect choice! This dish is not only delicious, but it’s also very nutritious. The rice is packed with fibre and the Parmesan cheese provides plenty of protein and calcium. Plus, it’s really easy to make.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that’s both healthy and satisfying, then I definitely recommend giving this Basmati Rice Risotto a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Basmati Rice Risotto is a good meal to have when you’re feeling sick or don’t want to cook something complicated. It’s got rice which is good for your health and cheese which has protein and calcium. It is easy to make.
Royal Basmati Rice
Basmati Rice is a good ingredient for this recipe because it is healthy and has a lot of fiber.
Olive oil adds flavor and helps to cook the garlic and shallots.
Garlic, finely chopped
Garlic adds great flavor and is a healthy ingredient.
Shallot, finely chopped
Shallot adds a subtle sweetness to this dish.
White Wine Or Mushroom Broth
The white wine adds a nice flavor to the dish and the mushroom broth helps to create a flavorful risotto.
Saffron adds a lovely flavor to the dish, as well as a beautiful yellow color.
Vegetable broth is essential to creating a flavorful risotto.
Asparagus adds texture and nutrition to the dish.
Dried morel mushrooms
Morel mushrooms add a great flavor and texture to the risotto.
Crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
Crimini mushrooms add an earthy flavor to the dish.
Grated hard cheese, such as parmesan or romano
Parmesan cheese adds a nice flavor and creaminess to the dish.
Salt to taste
Adding salt helps bring out the
- If you don’t have white wine, you can use mushroom broth instead.
- If you don’t have asparagus, you can substitute it with your favorite vegetables.
- You could also use other types of mushrooms such as shiitake or oyster mushrooms if desired.
- 1 cup Royal Basmati Rice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup asparagus pieces
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated hard cheese, such as parmesan or romano
- ½ cup dry white wine or mushroom broth
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 10 crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- ½ cup dried morel mushrooms
- Salt to taste
- Start by boiling the Royal Basmati Rice in a pot of water.
- While the rice is boiling, heat up the olive oil in a separate pan.
- Sauté the garlic, shallot and mushrooms in the olive oil until they’re all tender.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir it around until it’s coated with the oil.
- When the rice is opaque, add the wine or mushroom broth.
- Keep stirring until all of the broth has been absorbed by the rice.
- Continue adding broth a little at a time until the rice is cooked through (this will take about 20-25 minutes).
- When the rice is done, stir in the asparagus and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
This entire recipe makes 4 servings making each serving of around 429 calories with 16.25g of protein, 51g of carbs and 11.75g of fat. If you would like, I have provided a detailed nutrition information as well.
This recipe will last in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
To store, place the rice risotto in an airtight container and place it in the fridge or freezer.
This Basmati Rice Risotto is a healthy, delicious, and easy meal to make. It’s perfect for those times when you don’t want to cook something complicated or are feeling sick. The rice is packed with fiber and the Parmesan cheese provides plenty of protein and calcium. Plus, it only takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish! I would love to hear what you think of this recipe if you decide to try it out. Please leave a comment below and let me know how it goes. Enjoy!